Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

SDM upto 135 PC points per dollar with new PC MasterCard

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2019 1:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
daddymac wrote: Ya. Good point. Guess I’ll be calling PCFMC for a points inquiry Monday. What’s at stake is 20k in points.
Only 20K? :)

That's not too bad. I'm waiting on 90k.. there are others here waiting on a lot more.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Aug 12, 2006
381 posts
153 upvotes
Funnily enough I just did a survey on Swagbucks that was about the PC Mastercard and this promotion in particular (asking if I'd heard about it, seen the ads, signage in store, etc). Like, yes, I was aware of this.

And I need to call in about my missing points from the 10th, my online inquiry was closed since "they couldn't find the transaction."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
Sea wrote: Funnily enough I just did a survey on Swagbucks that was about the PC Mastercard and this promotion in particular (asking if I'd heard about it, seen the ads, signage in store, etc). Like, yes, I was aware of this.

And I need to call in about my missing points from the 10th, my online inquiry was closed since "they couldn't find the transaction."
I assume you sent the inquiry to PC Optimum? Of course they couldn't see the transaction... this is not their promotion, they can only give you points after PC Financial sends them the information.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
Sent an inquiry about the missing points from Shoppers purchases, representative replied saying I got the correct points fro my Esso purchases :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
Noob1ee wrote: Sent an inquiry about the missing points from Shoppers purchases, representative replied saying I got the correct points fro my Esso purchases :facepalm:
I wouldn't be telling them that you bought gift cards. I'd just tell them you made a purchase for $200 or whatever and did not get the bonus.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote: I wouldn't be telling them that you bought gift cards. I'd just tell them you made a purchase for $200 or whatever and did not get the bonus.
Ya, no mention of gift cards, just told them I'm missing the 9x points from all of my Shoppers purchases :)
Oct 22, 2007
795 posts
1038 upvotes
Noob1ee wrote: Ya, no mention of gift cards, just told them I'm missing the 9x points from all of my Shoppers purchases :)
Gift cards don't matter - its a credit card promotion, not an optimum store level promotion. If you go buy a $100 gift card at Rexall using your PC Mastercard, you'd get $1 worth of optimum points as well.
Jul 24, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
Southern Ontario
newfbc wrote: PC Financial Mastercard has live chat? Can you let us know how to access it?

Ron.
I used it once through the PCF website, and it turns out that they just piggyback the Facebook messenger chat system if you're logged in to Facebook on the same browser.

I was scratching my head wondering how they knew to address me by my name when I hadn't provided that, but later on I saw the entire chat history in FB Messenger.
Jul 24, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
Southern Ontario
A.Mak wrote: Applied for the CC on Aug 10 directly through PC website (not RSM)
Received card on Aug 17.
Used the card on Aug 21 - $65.63 (incl a $50 gc)
Saw the points posted to my account today as:

<snip>

PC Financial Earn: 5904 pts (90 bonus pts)
Thursday, August 23
That's interesting. Wasn't there a post in this thread last week saying that the 90 bonus pts per $1 are only supposed to be posted in two "sweeps" in September and December?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
I was told they were escalating my points inquiry after they stupidly stated that they don't see the transaction... I sent them the screenshot of it from my PC MC account including that it says it was done at a SDM. It's been 2 business days... still nothing. I've seen people have successes with calling in but should I even bother?

This promo gives me a headache. Glad I didn't buy the VISA GCs.... I'm only missing like $6ish in points so now i'm wondering if it's even worth the fuss. PCO has gone down the drain in the past 2-3 months IMO. If it wasn't for the fact that I have so many points stored up which I slowly use for groceries I would seriously want to drop this program.
Fido Customer - $24/30 GB for 10 mths then $29/30GB
Banned
Oct 13, 2015
1245 posts
826 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
EddySaver wrote: Can we redeem points at Esso?
Sadly, Esso station can not use the PC points in QC yet.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2057 posts
2034 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheRedViper wrote: That's interesting. Wasn't there a post in this thread last week saying that the 90 bonus pts per $1 are only supposed to be posted in two "sweeps" in September and December?
There was, but since everyone who contacts PC Optimum gets told a different story, hard to know how this is really going to play out.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
SignedA wrote: I was told they were escalating my points inquiry after they stupidly stated that they don't see the transaction... I sent them the screenshot of it from my PC MC account including that it says it was done at a SDM. It's been 2 business days... still nothing. I've seen people have successes with calling in but should I even bother?

This promo gives me a headache. Glad I didn't buy the VISA GCs.... I'm only missing like $6ish in points so now i'm wondering if it's even worth the fuss. PCO has gone down the drain in the past 2-3 months IMO. If it wasn't for the fact that I have so many points stored up which I slowly use for groceries I would seriously want to drop this program.
Agreed. Their customer service like Amazons is a joke. They will flat out lie to your face and even when you provide proof/verification they will continue to deny it.

Need to pack a lot of patience to deal with them.
Jul 24, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Kelly M wrote: There was, but since everyone who contacts PC Optimum gets told a different story, hard to know how this is really going to play out.
Man, what a mess.

I confess, I did send in a point inquiry for my "missing" 90 for $1, and it got credit to my account within a day. I haven't received anything else since.

I'm curious if I'll end up with a double credit from the sweep?
Deal Expert
Jun 26, 2011
15096 posts
5413 upvotes
GTA
TheRedViper wrote: Man, what a mess.

I confess, I did send in a point inquiry for my "missing" 90 for $1, and it got credit to my account within a day. I haven't received anything else since.

I'm curious if I'll end up with a double credit from the sweep?
I'm assuming they gave you yours because it was not a huge amount of points. I think low level reps can't give more than 10k
Jul 24, 2018
196 posts
81 upvotes
Southern Ontario
RolandCouch wrote: I'm assuming they gave you yours because it was not a huge amount of points. I think low level reps can't give more than 10k
Yes, it was just a shade over 1,000.

I haven't tried to buy anything "big" yet, although this gift card idea I've been reading about is intriguing.

Still trying to decide if it's worth switching my prescriptions from Loblaws to SDM for just until the end of the year. Unfortunately I don't know how much more the meds will cost at SDM.
Sep 23, 2007
55 posts
32 upvotes
A.Mak wrote: Applied for the CC on Aug 10 directly through PC website (not RSM)
Received card on Aug 17.
Used the card on Aug 21 - $65.63 (incl a $50 gc)
Saw the points posted to my account today as:
PC Financial Earn: 656 pts (10 base pts)
Thursday, August 23

PC Financial Earn: 1312 pts (20 pts for MC elite)
Thursday, August 23

PC Financial Earn: 5904 pts (90 bonus pts)
Thursday, August 23
I ordered my card online on the 10th and also received it on 17th. I am having trouble linking my accounts, when i call pcoptimum they say it takes 4-6 weeks. Not sure if that is correct? did you link online or in store?
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
Kelly M wrote: There was, but since everyone who contacts PC Optimum gets told a different story, hard to know how this is really going to play out.
This is what i'm worried about, idk if I would depend on PCO having their s*** together
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1427 posts
847 upvotes
GTA
RolandCouch wrote: I'm assuming they gave you yours because it was not a huge amount of points. I think low level reps can't give more than 10k
They aren't even willing to give me my 6k >.> sighhhhhhhh what a headache
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1799 posts
1184 upvotes
Eastern Canada
Well i just did points inquiry to pc financial dot ca message system and one with transaction dispute( I choosed other in drop down), regarding August 10. for 90 points per dollars missing for existing cardholder..

I got to agree with other members here that using the pc optimum app won't get any result, because it got nothing to do pc optimum,
it's pc financial problem..

I'll wait and see..
. . . .
Be Nice...
. . . .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)