• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2021 8:48 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2006
150 posts
20 upvotes
Alberta

SDM Valentine Chocolate clearance

At what time they start the clearance at SDM? Tonight, tomorrow morning, or after?
No external links in signatures
7 replies
Dec 20, 2010
372 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
I went to three SDMs this evening. First one had many empty shelves. Second one was regular priced (or just no sale tags put on). Third one had two small baskets of clearance items. Items I saw on clearance didn’t really interest me (Eg. smarties, chocolate hearts, hard candies, etc.). Walmart’s and grocery stores were closed in Toronto. May find some better sales in those stores tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15482 posts
12682 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
EddySaver wrote: I went to three SDMs this evening. First one had many empty shelves. Second one was regular priced (or just no sale tags put on). Third one had two small baskets of clearance items. Items I saw on clearance didn’t really interest me (Eg. smarties, chocolate hearts, hard candies, etc.). Walmart’s and grocery stores were closed in Toronto. May find some better sales in those stores tomorrow.
This

Often SDM will mark down before the holiday arrives / is over

This is true ... be it candy for Valentines, Easter, Halloween or Christmas

So the day after ... the shelves are empty ... and store employees can get right onto loading up the next Seasonal item that’s been waiting in the back room to be unpacked
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7963 posts
1609 upvotes
covergirl wrote: At what time they start the clearance at SDM? Tonight, tomorrow morning, or after?
Usually the day before the holiday, special day, etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1030 posts
587 upvotes
London, On
I was in a Shoppers about 1pm on the 14th and they had all the Easter stuff out and no Valentines stuff to be had.
Nov 12, 2012
572 posts
261 upvotes
Port Moody
I often wonder if they pull everything and send it back to the warehouse (either to destroy, wholesale or save for next year).

The SDM beauty warehouse has some VERY old merchandise, so I wouldn't put it past them to hang onto some stuff....
Dec 20, 2010
372 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
Kennedy and Steeles No Frills had some Valentine's Day chocolates on clearance, 50% or more off