• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2015 11:24 pm
[OP]
Apr 19, 2013
26 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Wii U Games (SSB, DK CTF, MK8) $10 ea. [YMMV]

The Shopper Drug Mart on Dundas & Appleby in Burlington, ON has the following three Wii U games on clearance for $10 each:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (1 left on the shelf earlier today)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (1 left on the shelf earlier today)
Mario Kart 8 (2 on the shelf earlier today) * I did not confirm the price for this one, but I managed to snag one a few weeks back for the same price and I assume it didn't change

This should be related to the same clearance initially discussed in this thread:
sdm-super-smash-bros-wii-u-10-ymmv-1852975/

The three games were sold out a couple of weeks back, but it appears they brought a few more in stock and maintained the discounted price.

Image of games and a redacted copy of my receipt when I purchased two of them:
21 replies
Dec 20, 2011
340 posts
94 upvotes
Windsor, On
Holy heck! Those are awesome finds. I hate when this stuff happens and I already have them. grrrr
Oct 8, 2014
201 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
Darn, I'm so close to that location but I doubt I'll be able to snag that last SSB.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2015
2423 posts
1877 upvotes
Cochrane, AB
I think this deal is going to be like the recent Shoppers wiimote debacle where most people trying to get the deal only ended up wasting a lot of time. I'm not going to Shoppers again based on YMMV thread.
Nov 9, 2013
712 posts
782 upvotes
Barrie
Thanks op, I'll keep my eyes peeled next time I go.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2062 posts
2089 upvotes
Living the dream
Shanmon wrote: Was just there an there is nothing
Nice try, Shanmon.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.
Dec 24, 2010
330 posts
40 upvotes
Went to the Pharmaprix near me, all 3 were normal price. Will try another two later.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5675 posts
1801 upvotes
These are usually store specific, not chain wide
[OP]
Apr 19, 2013
26 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Shanmon wrote: Was just there an there is nothing
Sorry to hear that.
Please note that the games were behind the cash counter with the regular priced games. I had to ask the cashier to scan them since the tags showed $59.99
Dec 24, 2010
330 posts
40 upvotes
HP_John wrote: These are usually store specific, not chain wide
Doesn't hurt to check.
cvflame wrote: Sorry to hear that.
Please note that the games were behind the cash counter with the regular priced games. I had to ask the cashier to scan them since the tags showed $59.99
Did that, still scanned for normal price.
Dec 4, 2015
2 posts
Burlington, ON
Starrk wrote: Haha at that join date and post count.
By all means, go prove me wrong. There was only splatoons, mario tennis, and yoshis yarn world behind the counter
[OP]
Apr 19, 2013
26 posts
24 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Shanmon wrote: By all means, go prove me wrong. There was only splatoons, mario tennis, and yoshis yarn world behind the counter
I actually asked them to check all those too while I was there, but they came up regular price. I hope the person that checked them for me didn't pull the games I saw off the shelf. I hope some RFD members managed to get them.
Sep 23, 2009
202 posts
176 upvotes
Checked four SDM locatjons in ajax and Pickering no luck