Expired Hot Deals

The Brick

Sealy Posturepedic Proback Titanium Tight Top Queen Mattress (Anfield)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2014 5:29 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 20, 2007
148 posts
2 upvotes

[The Brick] Sealy Posturepedic Proback Titanium Tight Top Queen Mattress (Anfield)

I was looking for a firm, spring mattress. Found this for sale at The Brick - a similar model at all the other mattress stores were about $200 more.

Signed up for The Brick card for free delivery and added a box. Total came to $750.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5926 upvotes
GTA
charzord wrote: I was looking for a firm, spring mattress. Found this for sale at The Brick - a similar model at all the other mattress stores were about $200 more.

Signed up for The Brick card for free delivery and added a box. Total came to $750.
For those who prefer a euro top/more plush mattress: Keep your old foundation, buy this mattress at $500 and a decent memory foam mattress topper (Costco?). Instead of buying a new bed every 4-5 years just buy new topper every 3. Long term you'll save big time and probably get a better sleep than on a $1500 mattress, which you'll have to replace in 5 years because they all sag prematurely..
->>Toppers work best on tight top mattresses (firm).
[OP]
Feb 20, 2007
148 posts
2 upvotes
Kfox wrote: Keep your old foundation, buy this mattress at $500 and a decent memory foam mattress topper (Costco?). Instead of buying a new bed every 4-5 years just buy new topper every 3. Long term you'll save big time and probably get a better sleep than on a $1500 mattress, which you'll have to replace in 5 years because they all sag prematurely..
->>Toppers work best on tight top mattresses.
Exactly what I was going to do (or maybe even forego the topper entirely - my shoulders push back a lot). The salesperson said that Sealy would only honour a warranty if I buy the box as well. Not a deal killer for me as I was looking to replace my 20 year old box spring anyways.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5926 upvotes
GTA
charzord wrote: Exactly what I was going to do (or maybe even forego the topper entirely - my shoulders push back a lot). The salesperson said that Sealy would only honour a warranty if I buy the box as well. Not a deal killer for me as I was looking to replace my 20 year old box spring anyways.
Forget the warranty, it's worthless- they are designed to make it virtually impossible to make a claim - bed needs to be visibly sagging 1.75 inches(with no one on the mattress) and there can't be a spot of dirt on the mattress or warranty is void. sagging is only apparent when you're on the mattress,
Besides, I think that might have been a line the salesman was feeding you to get you to buy box
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5824 upvotes
Burlington
Kfox wrote: Forget the warranty, it's worthless- they are designed to make it virtually impossible to make a claim - bed needs to be visibly sagging 1.75 inches(with no one on the mattress) and there can't be a spot of dirt on the mattress. sagging is only apparent when your on the mattress,
Besides, I think that might have been a line the salesman was feeding you to get you to buy box
This!
Ridiculous stuff. My back hurts because the bed sunk, I called for warranty (10 years), they said it'd need to be more than 1.5 inches to qualify for a person to come and check it out. So I asked "am I supposed to have a back pain every morning after spending ~1,000 for the mattress?", "we are sorry for the inconvenience"...

And no, this is not flip-able.

Box spring for around ~$200 is just another stupid thing. Is it really worth that much?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5926 upvotes
GTA
konsensei wrote: This!
Ridiculous stuff. My back hurts because the bed sunk, I called for warranty (10 years), they said it'd need to be more than 1.5 inches to qualify for a person to come and check it out. So I asked "am I supposed to have a back pain every morning after spending ~1,000 for the mattress?", "we are sorry for the inconvenience"...
And no, this is not flip-able.
Box spring for around ~$200 is just another stupid thing. Is it really worth that much?
t might be worthwhile to read this thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-r ... n-1460324/
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4654 posts
5926 upvotes
GTA
konsensei wrote: Didn't buy it from Costco.
Sleep country it was. Never ever again.
now you know where to buy next time

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)