• Mar 2nd, 2018 10:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto

Searching house

Currently I am renting apt in Mississauga. Now I have to move in London,ON due to business reason and looking house. I am looking house with finished basement so that basement can be rented out. Please advise which area in London, ON is good where price is reasonable than other area / OR any advise; and if I move to another city due to business then house could SOLD easily within 15-30 days. Please advise.
9 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12345 posts
8772 upvotes
Edmonton
Why are you thinking of buying a house if you think there’s a significant chance you’ll have to turn around and sell it quickly? The transaction fees will eat you alive.

And you can sell any house quickly, if it’s priced right...

C
May 18, 2015
484 posts
682 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
kenny_gua wrote: Currently I am renting apt in Mississauga. Now I have to move in London,ON due to business reason and looking house. I am looking house with finished basement so that basement can be rented out. Please advise which area in London, ON is good where price is reasonable than other area / OR any advise; and if I move to another city due to business then house could SOLD easily within 15-30 days. Please advise.

Rent.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
2837 posts
1596 upvotes
Mississauga
Agree with the comments above. No point buying unless you see living there for the foreseeable future.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12345 posts
8772 upvotes
Edmonton
Well, I would say living there for the foreseeable future OR willing to be a landlord there for awhile. If the OP can rent out the upper and lower units and cover their expenses, and they're willing to be a landlord in the Ontario rental environment, then it's not the end of the world. It's the cost of buying and selling that I'd be leery of.

C
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
Buy near university of west Ontario. A lot of elegant international students, elegant people
kenny_gua wrote: Currently I am renting apt in Mississauga. Now I have to move in London,ON due to business reason and looking house. I am looking house with finished basement so that basement can be rented out. Please advise which area in London, ON is good where price is reasonable than other area / OR any advise; and if I move to another city due to business then house could SOLD easily within 15-30 days. Please advise.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
What other area is good to buy house. If I will have 2-3 areas then will be easy to choose from these areas.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Any advise for other good locations?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11276 posts
9789 upvotes
kenny_gua wrote: Any advise for other good locations?
Why not call a RE agent in London and ask for some of their advice.
[OP]
Jun 30, 2008
121 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for advise for contacting RE. I was asking because this is very good forum to prepare yourself to gain knowledge. If I will not find information from friends like you then definitely will ask a RE agent.