Credit Cards

Searching for a no-fee credit/debit card that lets me create virtual/temporary card numbers

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2020 11:02 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2005
336 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver

Searching for a no-fee credit/debit card that lets me create virtual/temporary card numbers

Hello. I'm looking for a no-fee credit card or a debit card that lets me create virtual/temporary card numbers on the fly. Hopefully a card that lets me set the maximum limit and expiry date per virtual card.

If you know of any, please let me know.
You can send me a message using this Google Form
4 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Koho and Stack ship with virtual cards (one each). Upon request they can purge the virtual card and generate a new one (DP I have done this with Koho).

Revolut (beta phase, currently not taking signups for Canadian market) offers disposable cards and virtual cards.

In the US, there are more prepaids or un-banks who offer this. Afaik Oxygen does. With a US credit history, these cards can be had (though must be mailed to a US addy).

Alternatively, just grab all the prepaids including Mogo. Dedicate one or more of these to whichever purpose you have for disposable cards.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Aug 26, 2005
336 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
titaniumtux wrote: Koho and Stack ship with virtual cards (one each). Upon request they can purge the virtual card and generate a new one (DP I have done this with Koho).
Thanks for the info. What does "DP" mean?
titaniumtux wrote: Revolut (beta phase, currently not taking signups for Canadian market) offers disposable cards and virtual cards.
How do disposable cards differ from virtual ones?

titaniumtux wrote: In the US, there are more prepaids or un-banks who offer this. Afaik Oxygen does. With a US credit history, these cards can be had (though must be mailed to a US addy).

It seems that way. I've crossed the border and visited a few US branches in person (for example, Bank of America) and got a credit card. So I have some (good) US credit history. I can probably get a card mailed to my relative living in the USA.
I'll look into Oxygen.
"un-banks" -- Interesting. What's an un-bank. I don't think I've come across this word before?
titaniumtux wrote: Alternatively, just grab all the prepaids including Mogo. Dedicate one or more of these to whichever purpose you have for disposable cards.
Sounds good.
Aug 26, 2005
336 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
After posting my OP, I happened upon payaware.adaware.com. It sounds like an advertising agency or a spammer's website, but it seems legit.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
OP...
  1. there's a sticky for acronyms. DP is data point
  2. Disposable cards are also virtual afaik. If they're virtual but not "disposable", then purging them would require assistance from support. If they're labelled as disposable, then you should be able to purge them yourself by clicking in the app
  3. un-banks are fintech prepaid cards that are managed in apps that allow almost all daily banking features (bank account credentials to receive payroll, a prepaid payment card, the ability to send and receive funds transfers, etc.). They generally don't do bank wires, but do most other things (some can pay utility bills)
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)