Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Oct 24, 2014
175 posts
84 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Well thought about it for like 8 hours, decided to take a chance on a Queen, with the $50 coupon and home delivery final price came out to $247. Pretty good price, hopefully it'll come through, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2700 posts
1879 upvotes
tcjsqls wrote: lol, good luck then

check this out.
http://www.androidorigin.com/staples-ha ... ds-stolen/
So? Same happened to Target, HD and many others ... My cc got cloned twice during the HD breach; just called the company, they reversed the charges and sent out a new card.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14828 posts
4306 upvotes
tcjsqls wrote: Don't you worry about your CC INFO with such an Inferior system?
I posted in another thread to warn everyone regards this
Target hacked, Sony hacked. There's risk everywhere.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
May 15, 2013
248 posts
34 upvotes
Seriously, these csr's are incompetent. Last night my Girlfriend was given a 1-800 number for a phone sex line by a CSR. Supposedly there isn't a direct number for the department she was trying to contact. No one seems to care, we finally asked for a supervisor and we will recieve a call in 72 hours.

No one has any idea what it is we are going to receive, and if these are price errors I completely understand why sears is failing. We were already charged, but if you look at there terms of service they covered there asses in every shape and form.

http://www.sears.ca/content/customer-se ... conditions

[QUOTE]"Errors, Inaccuracies or Omissions"
Sears makes every effort to ensure that the Content on this Internet Site is complete and current. However, Sears does not guarantee that the information contained on this Internet Site will not contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to price or to product description or availability. Sears reserves the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission or to change or update the Content without prior notice to you. Further, Sears reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders containing any error, inaccuracy or omission, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Sears shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Sears. Please also see our Returns Policy.[/QUOTE]
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
djredhat wrote: So? Same happened to Target, HD and many others ... My cc got cloned twice during the HD breach; just called the company, they reversed the charges and sent out a new card.
you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you in a long run.

P.S if they got your billing address and personal information to apply a credit card, you will never know until the next day some collection companies called you.
Nov 29, 2006
988 posts
300 upvotes
Eug9n9 wrote: I ordered the same one. So you actually talked to CSR. Was it before or after the order was placed?
I'm just wondering if a placed order still shows up as 2 correct items, not just foundation.
My confirmation looks like this: 013657366 TWN LP FDN,SPLE

I pick up on Jan 17 so we'll see...
I just talked to the CSR and she said if it says FDN, that means you are only getting the foundation, not the mattress eventhou the website says 10" mattress and 9" foundation. It is confusing and I cancelled the order.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2092 posts
970 upvotes
Ontario
Last thing Sears needs is a PR nightmare, this may be the final nail on their coffin...
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
djredhat wrote: So? Same happened to Target, HD and many others ... My cc got cloned twice during the HD breach; just called the company, they reversed the charges and sent out a new card.
you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you in a long run.

P.S if they got your billing address and personal information to apply a credit card, you will never know until the next day some collection companies called you.
Nov 12, 2013
104 posts
28 upvotes
Prince George
tcjsqls wrote: you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

Why are you even here?
Dec 4, 2013
271 posts
133 upvotes
Canada
tcjsqls wrote: you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

That would completely depend on the situation... For example if I Just call in and claim that an expense on my card id due to my card being stolen physically 3 times a month then sure. But if you are part of a larger collective of people having the same issue due to a specific service it has little to no impact example : psn, target, staples. Especially if you are in the 800+ range like most RFD's here.
My best active deals:
Two Rogers Lines - Both 45$ a month, 12 gigs each.
Oct 16, 2008
84 posts
15 upvotes

Grandma is that you?
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1414 upvotes
Toronto
If Sears wants to compromise my credit card, they can do so with the information I gave them the last time I ordered from them online before Christmas. Not worried, not rushing to throw out my mattress and if it doesn't get cancelled within the next few days, I'll go to the store to pick it up. If its what I ordered, great. If not, then I get a refund.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2092 posts
970 upvotes
Ontario
I have ordered two sets but I don't even care if I get them anymore, the entertainment factor from reading all the posts is priceless. I will suffer a serious withdrawal if someone took away my internet or shut down RFD completely :lol: .
Apr 12, 2011
41 posts
10 upvotes
pcbc168 wrote: I just talked to the CSR and she said if it says FDN, that means you are only getting the foundation, not the mattress eventhou the website says 10" mattress and 9" foundation. It is confusing and I cancelled the order.
Thanks for letting me know.
Well, I will wait until Saturday..
Sep 23, 2007
138 posts
45 upvotes
Is anyone still able to purchase these mattresses? When I go to checkout it says "We're sorry, the item(s) selected are not available." Even though they show in stock
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2715 posts
2364 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bought a mattress and box spring set last month from Sears. It has 10 years warranty, but I highly doubt Sears will be in business after today's debacle :facepalm:
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Feb 14, 2005
825 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still confused about all the mattress business: if I want a firm support mattress, but softer feel, what should I select?
I assume that I should look for Euro-top and under type select "Firm" support. Am I correct?
Such as this one? http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7679-57679

And this one would be firm as well, but have less cushioning due to being a "pillow top"?
http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7566-57566

Thanks again.
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
armadylan wrote: That would completely depend on the situation... For example if I Just call in and claim that an expense on my card id due to my card being stolen physically 3 times a month then sure. But if you are part of a larger collective of people having the same issue due to a specific service it has little to no impact example : psn, target, staples. Especially if you are in the 800+ range like most RFD's here.

you never know, the expiration date for the credit card last 3 - 5 years.
How can you say you are a victim from sears.ca hacking.

What if they use your credit card two years later?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
61 upvotes
Ontario
Just got a call to cancel my order from their Pilipino line. No sense in arguing, oh well. It was entertaining

I'm looking for a king mattress either way. Any legit deals out there now?