Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1229 posts
414 upvotes
There are currently 722 users browsing this thread. (242 members and 480 guests).

The ship is sinking at a moderate rate but more people are getting on this wreck.....
Dec 4, 2013
240 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
Hojo99 wrote: I was told by CSR that my item number indicated I was getting a mattress and a boxspring contrary to the description in my order description (QN LP FDN,MM SP). She told me she is going to check with an online sales representative as well so on hold now.... I called because I wanted to cancel now if I wasn't getting mattress rather then having to deal with a return when it arrives next week.
That was my experience..... incorrect description, but item number referred to correct number (make sure you screen shot before its taken off website).
My best active deals:
Two Rogers Lines - Both 45$ a month, 12 gigs each.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
Hojo99 wrote: I was told by CSR that my item number indicated I was getting a mattress and a boxspring contrary to the description in my order description (QN LP FDN,MM SP). She told me she is going to check with an online sales representative as well so on hold now.... I called because I wanted to cancel now if I wasn't getting mattress rather then having to deal with a return when it arrives next week.
same thing i was told, so i think the best bet is for everyone to just chill out, stop stressing the indian CS reps, and wait for this ***** to hit the fan. The back office must have word as stated by many reps, and im sure something will be done (ie. fulfilment, giftcards, maybe sub a diff mattress offer, straight cancellations). I was going to cancel the order i had to avoid the hassles but at this point it makes sense to wait it out in the hopes of something.

i got the sealy posturepedic sandy lane pillow top king firm set . i have about 10 diff screenshots of the order pages and product pages / search pages with it and other matresses listed. i can fight this pretty good.
Dec 4, 2013
240 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
saladtoss wrote: There are currently 722 users browsing this thread. (242 members and 480 guests).

The ship is sinking at a moderate rate but more people are getting on this wreck.....
I'll go down with this ship if the ocean floor is littered with King sized mattresses.
My best active deals:
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1170 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
tcjsqls wrote: lol, I have my own reasons to stay with this post. I guess it is not waste of time for me :lol:
I'm sure a majority of us know VERY well the complications and kinda holdings our breaths. The complications are known, everyone has read it.... like few dozen times, over and over again. So stop it cause the message is received. Then again, if it does happen to be mass cancellation, or mass box springs and such, it will be much appreciated if you can kindly skip the "see told you so.... ", cause we are very well aware of the worst case scenario as well.
Aug 10, 2006
358 posts
81 upvotes
St. John's
kesleaf wrote: Maybe you missed this but when you place an order for this set, on the confirmation page, at the very bottom it says: 2 items. You only get 1 Foundation box for a Queen mattress, so by logic the other item has to be the mattress. (Only a King size mattress comes with two foundation box springs).

Even on the description page it says "Includes mattress and foundation with mis-matched fabric patterns. sorry, no choice of pattern 13 1/2'' mattress height continuous coil innerspring technology with 14.5 gauge coils 6 gauge mattress border wire and foam-encased edge guards"

So when a consumer orders the item on this page, the consumer is paying for both the mattress AND the foundation. It even says "2 items" on their confirmation page when you finish placing the order. Hopefully Sears honors this.
I certainly hope you're right. When I purchased the set everything looked normal for it to be both pieces, but I got concerned when I read the other persons post. So I phoned and was told Foundation only. I was offered $20 for their price error if I cancelled but rejected it. I'll take my chances, go for the pickup later this month and see what happens.
That's if it actually goes through in the first place.
Dec 4, 2013
240 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
RFD effect is real....
My best active deals:
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5333 posts
1984 upvotes
Winnipeg
karlsberg wrote: RFD just put this deal on the main page....this is gonna be fun
Its not only 1 deal...its several mattress deal
Sears left the mattress making machine on
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2008
1016 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
phillipsj89 wrote: ARe you being racist? saying that an "Indian CSR" isn't a "true" csr?
They're like stunt doubles for the real CSRs.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
3372 posts
815 upvotes
Tuesday entertainment :) )
Will Sleep Country price match Sears??
Oct 21, 2013
223 posts
83 upvotes
Ottawa
I was cancelled and given a $20 gift certificate via email. Not much I can do I guess. The rep told me they were going to cancel everyone's orders when I asked her about confirmed shipments. I probably shouldn't have called and just seen if it went through.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2270 posts
693 upvotes
Can anyone recommend me a double or queen size I should get? I'm not sure which one is better from the pictures. a full set would be nice.
PSN: Sakaban
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
eeto wrote: I'm sure a majority of us know VERY well the complications and kinda holdings our breaths. The complications are known, everyone has read it.... like few dozen times, over and over again. So stop it cause the message is received. Then again, if it does happen to be mass cancellation, or mass box springs and such, it will be much appreciated if you can kindly skip the "see told you so.... ", cause we are very well aware of the worst case scenario as well.
Don't you worry about your CC INFO with such an Inferior system?
I posted in another thread to warn everyone regards this
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4578 posts
3014 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Just got a call from a call center saying my order is canceled. She even said box spring, no mattress. And the manufacturer said they aren't going to honor anything. I asked to talk to a manager, she said sorrywe are just a call center for Leon's, I mean sears. Yes she said exactly that. I'm calling sears now
It's sears' responsibility to honor the orders, not the manufacturer.
Dec 4, 2013
240 posts
117 upvotes
Canada
romsan04 wrote: Tuesday entertainment :) )
Will Sleep Country price match Sears??
Every mattress company makes different models for each store :( Mattresses are the biggest racket ever. Here's a funny little note for those of you who are actually in a store and looking at mattresses. The little number that you see on the top left or right corner of the tag (At least at leon's where I used to work) Is how much bonus commission the sales person gets. These numbers range from 25-300$.
My best active deals: