Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2321 posts
1053 upvotes
machoman wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:29 pm
I didn't ask but she sounded like she was from Canada and spoke perfect English. I'm at work so I didn't have time to fight for it. Very disappointed, I'm in need of a new mattress so I might fight for 1 like others did last time around.
I am not answering my phone unitl my delivery date roflmao

On a more serious note, I am hoping for few $25 gift cards. If they refuse, I will go the Quebec's Consumer Protection office way that says that they should replace the item with a comparable one :mad:
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10126 posts
1557 upvotes
The Sealy looks like a continuous coil system with 736 coils. nice found but I only accept pocketed coil. The best deal is the $200 Simmons Backcare queen with 800 coils but it has the 5 zone system that I don't like. I had a Backcare and found it felt weird to me.
maximem wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 11:59 am
Had a hard time choosing a firm Queen mattress with pocket coils. I honestly have no idea what makes one better over the other.

Ended up buying this one: http://www.sears.ca/product/simmons-bac ... 7068-57068
200$ pocket coil, with a boxspring. 14 inch deep mattress. Arbitrarily chose because it wasn't a Sears brand, no clue if that's a legitimate factor.

http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7366-57366
300$ pocket coil, with mismatched boxspring. 10 inch deep. No clue how the foam stuff compares across these first two choices. I just didn't like that it was Sears brand?

http://www.sears.ca/product/sealy-postu ... 7719-57719
Firm 250$. I don't like pillow top normally, but since the firm option existed, I was intrigued by it. Problem is you don't know what kind of coils it has since there is no detailed description. Seemed risky based on that.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1154 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:40 pm
Don't you worry about your CC INFO with such an Inferior system?
I posted in another thread to warn everyone regards this
Nope. Happy?
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
eeto wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:46 pm
Nope. Happy?
lol, good luck then

check this out.
"Staples Hacked, 1.6 Million Credit Cards Stolen" DEC, 2014
Dec 4, 2013
210 posts
78 upvotes
Canada
tcjsqls wrote:
Not at all. After all, I have a playstation and am on the PSN.
My computer is an Apple, But my Bank is a Tangerine!
Oct 24, 2014
170 posts
64 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Well thought about it for like 8 hours, decided to take a chance on a Queen, with the $50 coupon and home delivery final price came out to $247. Pretty good price, hopefully it'll come through, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2321 posts
1053 upvotes
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:47 pm
lol, good luck then

check this out.
http://www.androidorigin.com/staples-ha ... ds-stolen/
So? Same happened to Target, HD and many others ... My cc got cloned twice during the HD breach; just called the company, they reversed the charges and sent out a new card.
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14359 posts
3542 upvotes
tcjsqls wrote:
Target hacked, Sony hacked. There's risk everywhere.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
May 15, 2013
248 posts
34 upvotes
Seriously, these csr's are incompetent. Last night my Girlfriend was given a 1-800 number for a phone sex line by a CSR. Supposedly there isn't a direct number for the department she was trying to contact. No one seems to care, we finally asked for a supervisor and we will recieve a call in 72 hours.

No one has any idea what it is we are going to receive, and if these are price errors I completely understand why sears is failing. We were already charged, but if you look at there terms of service they covered there asses in every shape and form.

http://www.sears.ca/content/customer-se ... conditions

[QUOTE]"Errors, Inaccuracies or Omissions"
Sears makes every effort to ensure that the Content on this Internet Site is complete and current. However, Sears does not guarantee that the information contained on this Internet Site will not contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to price or to product description or availability. Sears reserves the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission or to change or update the Content without prior notice to you. Further, Sears reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders containing any error, inaccuracy or omission, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Sears shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Sears. Please also see our Returns Policy.[/QUOTE]
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:51 pm
So? Same happened to Target, HD and many others ... My cc got cloned twice during the HD breach; just called the company, they reversed the charges and sent out a new card.
you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you in a long run.

P.S if they got your billing address and personal information to apply a credit card, you will never know until the next day some collection companies called you.
Nov 29, 2006
900 posts
258 upvotes
Eug9n9 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:20 pm
I ordered the same one. So you actually talked to CSR. Was it before or after the order was placed?
I'm just wondering if a placed order still shows up as 2 correct items, not just foundation.
My confirmation looks like this: 013657366 TWN LP FDN,SPLE

I pick up on Jan 17 so we'll see...
I just talked to the CSR and she said if it says FDN, that means you are only getting the foundation, not the mattress eventhou the website says 10" mattress and 9" foundation. It is confusing and I cancelled the order.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1847 posts
775 upvotes
Ontario
Last thing Sears needs is a PR nightmare, this may be the final nail on their coffin...
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
djredhat wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:51 pm
you guys really have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (especially when you own the money) affect your credit.

Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you in a long run.

P.S if they got your billing address and personal information to apply a credit card, you will never know until the next day some collection companies called you.
Nov 12, 2013
95 posts
24 upvotes
Prince George
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:57 pm

Why are you even here?
Dec 4, 2013
210 posts
78 upvotes
Canada
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:57 pm

That would completely depend on the situation... For example if I Just call in and claim that an expense on my card id due to my card being stolen physically 3 times a month then sure. But if you are part of a larger collective of people having the same issue due to a specific service it has little to no impact example : psn, target, staples. Especially if you are in the 800+ range like most RFD's here.
My computer is an Apple, But my Bank is a Tangerine!