Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4467 posts
945 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dgmorr wrote: Just got a call to cancel my order from their Pilipino line. No sense in arguing, oh well. It was entertaining

I'm looking for a king mattress either way. Any legit deals out there now?
Gave myself a good laugh, glanced and read Philipino...
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4467 posts
945 upvotes
Richmond Hill
QTheNukes wrote: Futureshop/Bestbuy got cornered into giving out free new releases not that long back because the media was all over the story. That is what we need, we need it on the 6pm news to force Sears into making good on this.
I dunno. That tactic didn't work with Lenovo...
Aug 16, 2014
267 posts
236 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
I keep finding myself refreshing this thread... this is too entertaining
Nov 12, 2013
104 posts
28 upvotes
Prince George
nyik wrote: I dunno. That tactic didn't work with Lenovo...
Or The Brick.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2655 posts
2134 upvotes
Winnipeg
There are some people on this thread who are actually discussing about the quality of the mattresses! Hilarious :D
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Feb 2, 2012
318 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
There are currently 702 users browsing this thread. (239 members and 463 guests),
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3452 posts
801 upvotes
Canada
who cares about the quality when you already have the comfort of knowing how hell of a deal you got on the mattress. that should put you to sleep right away...
Apr 14, 2010
158 posts
59 upvotes
Surrey
I haven't even received a single email for the 2 orders I put last night. Anyone know if theirs way to check order history.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
eljay wrote: I'm still confused about all the mattress business: if I want a firm support mattress, but softer feel, what should I select?
I assume that I should look for Euro-top and under type select "Firm" support. Am I correct?
Such as this one? http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7679-57679

And this one would be firm as well, but have less cushioning due to being a "pillow top"?
http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7566-57566

Thanks again.
Go with a pocket coil mattress for that firm feel. Also movement on one side does not affect the other side. More coils the better, but even the cheapest ones are good.
Choose whatever kind of top you want. I personally choose the tight top (no extra cushion top).
Sep 11, 2012
93 posts
41 upvotes
couldn't imagine sears didn't correct the price if this is a price error.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10570 posts
1760 upvotes
The amount of padding is in this order: Eurotop > Pillowtop > tight-top
Two most common Coil Technology: continuous or pocket-coil. Pocketed Coil has superior isolation of body movement but requires more coils and seaming -> higher cost.
Coil also can be created in different fi*****ess and height, lower the gauge the stiffer.

If you prefer firm mattress, get a bed with at 800 coils for pocketed, 700 for continuous with firm gauge. Eurotop is the trend now but I would avoid them, I prefer tighttop with 3rd party mattress pad. Any padding will sag over time. If it is built-in, you cannot replace it.
eljay wrote: I'm still confused about all the mattress business: if I want a firm support mattress, but softer feel, what should I select?
I assume that I should look for Euro-top and under type select "Firm" support. Am I correct?
Such as this one? http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7679-57679

And this one would be firm as well, but have less cushioning due to being a "pillow top"?
http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... 7566-57566

Thanks again.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2005
1695 posts
48 upvotes
Feelings wrote: I haven't even received a single email for the 2 orders I put last night. Anyone know if theirs way to check order history.
you can check order history only if you have the order number already. hilarious.
Sep 15, 2012
647 posts
292 upvotes
Mississauga
QTheNukes wrote: Futureshop/Bestbuy got cornered into giving out free new releases not that long back because the media was all over the story. That is what we need, we need it on the 6pm news to force Sears into making good on this.
Just got off the phone with CP24. They will be doing a special report on this tonight at 6pm.

Ya right. I hope everyone ordered to the store for pick up, in which case if its just the foundation only, you do a quick refund and come home (minus the $3.95 shipping charge vs the $69.99 shipping charge for home delivery, both of which won't be refunded I think).
Sep 8, 2014
37 posts
6 upvotes
NL
Feelings wrote: I haven't even received a single email for the 2 orders I put last night. Anyone know if theirs way to check order history.
I haven't received a confirmation from my order earlier today either.