Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Mar 31, 2010
75 posts
35 upvotes
Lower Mainland BC
akovacs wrote: Received mine today Thanks Sears for the great service and cheap Simmons Mattress!
Congratulations! Hope I get mine too.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6664 posts
3683 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
rfdn00bie wrote: I would be careful everyone.... they are saying its just for a foundation and no mattress ... if you don't cancel your order you will only receive a foundation and I am not sure how much trouble you want to go through to argue and fight for your money back, etc. This is clearly an error in the system that could be considered as some bait and switch because as customers, we purchased thinking it was a mattress, but the item code that is generated is for a foundation 013657710, QN FDN,FANSHAWE

Judging by this description, it clearly sounds like a mis-matched set to me, especially line #1.
They even state that it would be possible to purchase each item separately if desired.
There'd be no need to mention that fact if it were being sold as one or the other.

Many, many errors in these descriptions if it is truly a foundation only.

CATALOGUE/ONLINE EXCLUSIVE
• includes mattress and foundation with mismatched fabric patterns, sorry, no choice of pattern
•10" mattress height
•open coil innerspring technology with 5 turn, 14.5 gauge tempered steel coils
•6 gauge steel border wire and double edge guard
•2 layer quilting with polyester and firm foam layers, 3 comfort layers: 1/2" foam, Tri-visco foam and fibre pad
•coils: queen 720, king 920
•6" posture foundation
•made in Canada of domestic and imported components
•10-year non pro-rated warranty on sleep sets (mattress and foundation); details with purchase
•Components can be purchased individually. Additional sizes are also available
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
2809 posts
839 upvotes
Montreal
Idiot question here even after 500+posts. Is foundation the box spring?
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13728 posts
5328 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mcklain wrote: Idiot question here even after 500+posts. Is foundation the box spring?
Yes it is.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1199 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
tcjsqls wrote: Don't you worry about your CC INFO with such an Inferior system?
I posted in another thread to warn everyone regards this
That's putting it nicely.. Aside from the fact that they either immediately charge your whole order to your CC or a certain amount is put on "hold" is just downright insane.. They then charge EXTRA and wait a week after to REFUND the extra amount they charge.. And all this charging is done BEFORE you even know if or when you're getting the damn thing you bought! Bought online from them twice, had problems twice, and I didn't even partake in this fiasco. :lol:
Apr 22, 2012
148 posts
27 upvotes
Quebec
Ordered a queen set this afternoon, confirmation email shows: QN LP FDN, MM AU

Am I getting a box spring only? Or should I just wait for the cancellation email?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2765 posts
280 upvotes
got a phone call that at least one of mine was canceled. i made 2 separate orders.
Sep 15, 2012
650 posts
295 upvotes
Mississauga
I don't understand why everyone is making this a big deal - for those that ordered to the store.

On your pickup date, you go to the store, if your mattress is there, great you got a great deal. If foundation only, who cares, get a refund at the store, and come home short of $3.95 (if they don't refund shipping that is). Literally no risk involved.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1146 posts
367 upvotes
Hamilton
phillipsj89 wrote: "complete hassle"

I have spent 5 mins ordering a product... maybe 15 mins in the store either getting my bed or my refund. Thats not too bad lol
Luck of the draw I suppose. I tried to order one, the coupon wasn't applied and there was no confirmation. I tried to re-order it, but it was gone, so I looked for another and almost the same thing happened. So I went back to sleep, there was no confirmation on one but the one without the coupon was confirmed. As a preemptive strike I ordered another, different again and the coupon code was applied but it wasn't the one I really wanted. That's when I called customer service which was a complete waste of time. Now even if the ship the right one, despite their sketchy "description" codes, it's not going to be the right one because I tried to get the coupon code applied to the right one and it takes 24 hours.

Seriously, I could have completed the Iron Man triathlon in less time. Well maybe not ME per se :D
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
kesleaf wrote: I don't understand why everyone is making this a big deal - for those that ordered to the store.

On your pickup date, you go to the store, if your mattress is there, great you got a great deal. If foundation only, who cares, get a refund at the store, and come home short of $3.95 (if they don't refund shipping that is). Literally no risk involved.
well the delivery fee for me was $15 each, and i ordered two mattresses so $30. i haven't called customer support yet but waiting for later when the popularity dies down a bit first.
Nov 12, 2013
104 posts
28 upvotes
Prince George
alpha2omega wrote: Luck of the draw I suppose. I tried to order one, the coupon wasn't applied and there was no confirmation. I tried to re-order it, but it was gone, so I looked for another and almost the same thing happened. So I went back to sleep, there was no confirmation on one but the one without the coupon was confirmed. As a preemptive strike I ordered another, different again and the coupon code was applied but it wasn't the one I really wanted. That's when I called customer service which was a complete waste of time. Now even if the ship the right one, despite their sketchy "description" codes, it's not going to be the right one because I tried to get the coupon code applied to the right one and it takes 24 hours.

Seriously, I could have completed the Iron Man triathlon in less time. Well maybe not ME per se :D
You are right, I did have some trouble with the website, forgot to mention that. So maybe 30 mins on the website. If I can somehow get a 2800$ set for 400$ (taxes in) I'll take it.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1146 posts
367 upvotes
Hamilton
kesleaf wrote: I don't understand why everyone is making this a big deal - for those that ordered to the store.

Um, literally, you risked time spent, gas, $3.95, possible car accident and freezing to death if it doesn't show. :D
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13728 posts
5328 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If it's an error on Sears part (and if they only sell you the foundation when their website says both... it's considered an error), then you'll get a full refund including the shipping charge. It's in the refund policy.
Nov 12, 2013
104 posts
28 upvotes
Prince George
alpha2omega wrote: Um, literally, you risked time spent, gas, $3.95, possible car accident and freezing to death if it doesn't show. :D
lol, this is pushing it.
Apr 12, 2011
25 posts
5 upvotes
As much as I know this deal won't be honoured, this is so bs that Sears gets away with this nonsense every month or so...
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
my pick up date is in 2 days so I'll report back as soon as I hoard my mattresses. meanwhile, you guys sit tight!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2007
1397 posts
178 upvotes
Western Montreal
links for all the King mattresses seem to be dead...
Oct 7, 2012
80 posts
88 upvotes
alpha2omega wrote: Um, literally, you risked time spent, gas, $3.95, possible car accident and freezing to death if it doesn't show. :D

+1
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1146 posts
367 upvotes
Hamilton
phillipsj89 wrote: You are right, I did have some trouble with the website, forgot to mention that. So maybe 30 mins on the website. If I can somehow get a 2800$ set for 400$ (taxes in) I'll take it.
Oh absolutely. I don't think they go on sale for that price very often. It's still somewhat of an illusion though because of over inflated price on mattresses. The $2500 set for $400 I was looking at was $689 4 years ago (from a quick google search). So that's a $289 savings. Depreciate that over 4 years and consider other mitigating factors and suddenly this deal is like $100 and not $2100. Then you get stuck on the phone with CSR Frank from Delhi for 45 minutes...
May 3, 2009
120 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
TWNXL,KNG FDN,M
What is this mean?
I hope it comes with king size bed and foundation box