Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6442 posts
2825 upvotes
alpha2omega wrote: Then you get stuck on the phone with CSR Frank from Delhi for 45 minutes...
I made 4 different (fruitless and frustrating) calls to their call centre and got the Philippines every time....

I tried calling Sears Canada head office - the customer service number routes to an IVR and depending on what numeric choice I made - I either got the same call centre in the Philippines or "You have made an incorrect menu choice" or a fast busy signal.

I work in downtown Toronto so I tried to walk to 290 Yonge Street (Sears Head Office) on my lunch hour - for the life of me I can't figure out how to get to 290 Yonge Street - the north end of the Eaton Centre is under construction and I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to get to 290 Yonge through all the construction and gave up.

I can't believe that Sears Canada's Canadian office is totally unreachable by phone... horrible customer service
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2597 posts
2433 upvotes
Weird I cannot check my order status online anymore. Is my order cancelled ? I wasn't told about it at all.. no email received as well
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
njvr wrote: TWNXL,KNG FDN,M
What is this mean?
I hope it comes with king size bed and foundation box
it means you just got on board with the rest of us. It's a different story if its sinking but hey we go down together in this
Jr. Member
Nov 12, 2013
104 posts
28 upvotes
Prince George
alpha2omega wrote: Oh absolutely. I don't think they go on sale for that price very often. It's still somewhat of an illusion though because of over inflated price on mattresses. The $2500 set for $400 I was looking at was $689 4 years ago (from a quick google search). So that's a $289 savings. Depreciate that over 4 years and consider other mitigating factors and suddenly this deal is like $100 and not $2100. Then you get stuck on the phone with CSR Frank from Delhi for 45 minutes...
Good point. Realistically, I am expecting a refund at the store. If instead I get what I ordered, then that is okay too.
Newbie
Nov 14, 2014
22 posts
20 upvotes
London, ON
Ordered a king mattress, then wife emailed me saying daughter could use a new twin mattress. Ordered that, then realized I just paid for delivery twice on same day (not enough caffeine yet, and no vehicle large enough to deal with ship-to-Sears). Spoke to a CS rep (country unknown), who managed to cancel my two orders, send me a cancellation confirmation email for each, while I then placed a new order for both together. Only charged delivery once now ($70), which reduced to $20 with discount code. Overall an awesome deal, and really impressed with the agent's energy in getting this worked out. Try to get a guy named Schane if you have to call in!
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1199 posts
347 upvotes
Ottawa
amy2421 wrote: I had one of their offshore reps give me terrible attitude and get into a huge argument with me, and after 30 minutes on the call I still didn't have the information I called for! (just wanted confirmation of an order I'd placed.) I was baffled at how terrible the customer service was, and have had a similar experience on multiple occasions.

It used to work pressing the option for French, but the last time I tried that the Canada-based French rep refused to deal with me in English (even though he spoke English) and transferred me to the Phillipines.
yeah, gotta love that.... :facepalm: That should be a way bigger deal than most people make it out to be
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2008
2697 posts
2324 upvotes
Winnipeg
Stillspringly wrote: Ordered a king mattress, then wife emailed me saying daughter could use a new twin mattress. Ordered that, then realized I just paid for delivery twice on same day (not enough caffeine yet, and no vehicle large enough to deal with ship-to-Sears). Spoke to a CS rep (country unknown), who managed to cancel my two orders, send me a cancellation confirmation email for each, while I then placed a new order for both together. Only charged delivery once now ($70), which reduced to $20 with discount code. Overall an awesome deal, and really impressed with the agent's energy in getting this worked out. Try to get a guy named Schane if you have to call in!
His name is probably "Sachin" and he should be from India :lol:
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
we don't have anyone here who is/are planning on going to Sears home office to get a mattress or do we???
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
phillipsj89 wrote: "complete hassle"

I have spent 5 mins ordering a product... maybe 15 mins in the store either getting my bed or my refund. Thats not too bad lol
And 10hrs reading this thread, plus popcorn and coke and $4 nonrefundable store shipment.
Newbie
Feb 27, 2012
64 posts
27 upvotes
WEST VANCOUVER
Just took a look at my confirmation orders
QN FDN,MM SPLEN
and
TWN MAT,MM OXFO

both times ordered queen firm mattress and foundation....hopefully one of them turns out right
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
KMKM wrote: And 10hrs reading this thread, plus popcorn and coke and $4 nonrefundable store shipment.
that's some serious analysis right there
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 16, 2009
2116 posts
474 upvotes
Kelowna
badsha wrote: that's some serious analysis right there
This thread has been entertaining to say the least. My bed is new enough that I don't need another, so i'm just here for the possible excitement/heartache.
Newbie
Nov 14, 2014
22 posts
20 upvotes
London, ON
Cheezoos1 wrote: Just took a look at my confirmation orders
QN FDN,MM SPLEN
and
TWN MAT,MM OXFO

both times ordered queen firm mattress and foundation....hopefully one of them turns out right

I thought the email Sears sent me said URAN IDI OT, but realized that one came from elsewhere.
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2007
596 posts
364 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Weird I cannot check my order status online anymore. Is my order cancelled ? I wasn't told about it at all.. no email received as well
I had the same issue
Member
Aug 19, 2011
254 posts
105 upvotes
Called in to cancel my order this morning. Asked CSR rep to verify what I had ordered. He stated it was a 'boxspring' only....I thought I had ordered a mattress/boxspring set. So those who placed order for delivery might want to call up and verify that they'll actually be receiving the item they ordered.

FYI - takes 7-10 business days for funds to be credited back according to CSR
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1146 posts
367 upvotes
Hamilton
plymouthhater wrote: I made 4 different (fruitless and frustrating) calls to their call centre and got the Philippines every time....
That's probably the same office I got. The CSR I got was actually Fransisco. He spoke English well enough to carry a conversation but not well enough to really "trouble shoot" a problem like this. I find that happens way too often. Mind you his English is way better than my French, but I'm not a CSR.
Banned
Jul 26, 2009
4315 posts
663 upvotes
Toronto
No single beds....
i5-3570K 3.4GHz | ASUS DCII 7850 2Gb
8Gb DDR3 1333MHz | 128GB HyperX SSD + 1Tb HDD
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | Ultra 650W PSU | Dell 22" 1920x1080 LED
The proud owner of a brand new ASUS T100!!!
Newbie
Feb 27, 2012
64 posts
27 upvotes
WEST VANCOUVER
Stillspringly wrote: I thought the email Sears sent me said URAN IDI OT, but realized that one came from elsewhere.
LoL

Top