Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

May 11, 2008
7 posts
I ordered last night and my order actually miraculously disappeared. Didn't even get a chance to get cancelled. I told them I had a screen capture. They didn't care.
Oct 2, 2011
106 posts
46 upvotes
vancouver bc
I ordered a SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Bellanie' Independent Coil Series Eurotop queen size mattress and confirmed twice with the Sears Catalog department staff before and after placing the order. But I received just now an email confirmation of a Double foundation. Called the CSD, the staff told me that they have experienced system glitches and what I ordered was only a Double foundation and cancelled the order for me. I didn't even hear a word of apology.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
The mattress industry is a total racket. Do some internet searching, you'll realize it costs them ~$100-$150 to make a $2000 mattress, but everybody gets their fat cut down the line before they stiff the consumer with the bill.
Nov 3, 2014
47 posts
24 upvotes
Stratford, PE
Woah! wrote: I decided to grab this one (hopefully).
http://www.sears.ca/product/sears-o-ped ... eid=749547

Being a Sears branded lower to mid grade set, and still showing available, I figured they may honor it.
Didn't even bother with the Sealy or other brands, as those will definitely be the ones which will be automatically cancelled due to "supplier issues".
Worst case scenario is they cancel it.
Plus side, I'll get to replace a 20 year old set for less than $250 all in.
I ordered a Sears brand too and so far no cancellation. If it turns out to be only the box spring, I'll leave it at the store when I go pick it up. I'll be out $4 but willing to chance it.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1475 posts
556 upvotes
thelefteyeguy wrote: i had a terrible experience with Sears online orders....their Offshore reps know nothing....so called CSR are just lying to you.
frico wrote: +1 x 1000
I had one of their offshore reps give me terrible attitude and get into a huge argument with me, and after 30 minutes on the call I still didn't have the information I called for! (just wanted confirmation of an order I'd placed.) I was baffled at how terrible the customer service was, and have had a similar experience on multiple occasions.

It used to work pressing the option for French, but the last time I tried that the Canada-based French rep refused to deal with me in English (even though he spoke English) and transferred me to the Phillipines.
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Jul 20, 2014
860 posts
178 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Keep on trying to call the corperate office buts its busy wtf.

Whats the CEO's name ima email him.
Jun 30, 2014
253 posts
65 upvotes
YVR
I Just got the order confirmation emails for both of my orders and it said that the product was back ordered till February 21. :(
So, called in and had to cancel both of the orders... such a headache...
Jun 20, 2005
105 posts
9 upvotes
sears.ca has the worst worst worst online shopping system. You cannot check the status, cannot check previous orders, someday they can cancel your order without any communication.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1475 posts
556 upvotes
wmahmud wrote: spoke to a rep who said the TWN MAT, MM FANS is just code for them internally, the item in fact ordered is king (as i placed) and not to worry
This is Sears-speak for "I'm about to go on my lunch break... yeah, yeah, that's what you ordered, don't worry..." LOL!
Apr 12, 2011
38 posts
7 upvotes
82 wrote: Those who ordered the "SEARS-O-PEDIC ®/MD 'Genevieve'Mix and Match Independent Coil Series Tight Top Firm Support Queen Sleep Set". Does your confirmation show "TWN LP FDN, SPLE"?
Yes, mine shows that exactly.
Mar 7, 2011
45 posts
22 upvotes
Cambridge
Tlc1979 wrote: I ordered a Sears brand too and so far no cancellation. If it turns out to be only the box spring, I'll leave it at the store when I go pick it up. I'll be out $4 but willing to chance it.
Same here. They can pay some hard working local people to push these things around in store and drive them from here to there. Worth $4 to me. And who knows, maybe there will be a pile in the clearance center in a week.
Feb 4, 2007
585 posts
361 upvotes
checked online to see the status of my order and it disappeared. The item I ordered also disappered from their web site. Do have both the confirmation and print screen of the order.
I will wait a few days to see what will happen and then have my wife call them. she is good at getting a resolution.
Aug 22, 2010
42 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa
I called a 3rd time to learn my orders (Sealy Sandy Lane) had been automatically cancelled. I did not receive any other kind of notification whatsoever.

Am I mad? Nope. I knew what I was getting into and accepted the risk. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If I wanted to avoid all frustration, I wouldn't bother trying to save money on deals.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1475 posts
556 upvotes
wilhelmthe1st wrote: Woke up and had the confirmation email in my in box. But it says "QNSP LP FDN,MM" so not sure what that means. I ordered a King.
FDN = Foundation
MM = Mix & Match