Expired Hot Deals

[Sears] Mattress Sale: $200 Simmons Backcare Salma Sleep Set + More (Price Error?)

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1368 posts
387 upvotes
Brampton
vorthex wrote: Anyone else order this? Also, what does DBL FDN, MM ROSE mean? I'm pretty sure I ordered a King set, the one on page 5-6 that someone said is the best price for ratio coils/king

To the best of my knowledge my first order was canceled but this one hasnt been as of yet, and I paid for shipping..
I have ordered the same set as you and have the same description. I called once yesterday to confirm and they said it was indeed a king set. Looking at what is happening around, I am not having high hopes that order will be delivered. Haven't got any cancellation mail or call as yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
2765 posts
280 upvotes
dealerguy wrote: I have ordered the same set as you and have the same description. I called once yesterday to confirm and they said it was indeed a king set. Looking at what is happening around, I am not having high hopes that order will be delivered. Haven't got any cancellation mail or call as yet.
I havent gotten cancellation for this one either, yet. But it says DBL, not KING?? or KN or whatever it is.. FDN is foundation, whats MM and ROSE? I'm telling you, I'll be furious if they deliver a box spring or something and then say we cant refund the shipping. If its a price error then they can fix it themselves, but if you're going to outright deliver an item that I paid for that to the best of my knowledge is a set, and its the companies mistake, there is no way in hell I'll take the hit for their mistake.
Mar 28, 2008
20 posts
2 upvotes
I just received a call from Sears.
They cancelled my order. :(
Dec 16, 2009
553 posts
134 upvotes
Durham
I had not received any calls/emails to cancel the order but was curious.
A search of the item numbers on their website brings up nothing for any of my orders.
I called in for fun and the CSR said they are still waiting for confirmation from the warehouse if these items are available so we know where that's going.

I asked if my credit card has been charged and of course it has and when asked how long will it take to process the refund, as others posters here have indicated, 7 - 10 days.

Now I am not saying this kind of thing was intentionally orchestrated but I have been around the management table long enough to know that when faced with a problem the ones that cause the most direct or indirect financial pain get priority.

In this case me through my c/c has loaned them $1,000 interest free for that period. One big factor that brings down companies, like Sears that are hanging on by their fingernails, is insufficient cash flow. So if I was in the management meeting I would bet there is a concern to rectify these occurrences but not a super urgent one. Purchases are processed immediately, understandable, refunds 7 - 10 days? Yea, sure.

I really am indifferent here - didn't need a bed immediately but the prices were good. If it doesn't happen I am not overly concerned.
Just another case study of what seems to be the symptoms around the death-watch of another retailer.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
Vikram19 wrote: Finish your video fast! Eagerly waiting!
tcjsqls wrote: will like your video for sure. lol
Finished and posted.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Nov 9, 2014
299 posts
80 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Syne thank you for the video. Sears Canada is appalling..there seemed to be no communication whatsoever between their online shopping / call center / cust service. Let us know if you had any progress with the star.

This thread is so entertaining lol A+
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
If the video demonstrates nothing else, it's that offshoring your customer service results in a more disconnected customer service.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3579 posts
809 upvotes
-
Add me to the cancel phone call list. The 'manufacturer advise us they were out of stock'.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
2061 posts
944 upvotes
Ontario
djredhat wrote: I'd be surprised if a truck shows up ... I hope you are not taking a day off from work :razz:
or throwing away that crappy mattress that you want to replace because you will need it. ;)
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2666 posts
1835 upvotes
Syne wrote: As promised

thanked ;)

Now this should go somehow to the media. CBC?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
Good call. I contacted Cory Black and submitted it to Marketplace

Mar 6, 2008
456 posts
197 upvotes
Ottawa
Got a call that my order was cancelled due to "warehousing issues". I ordered a king and queen shapelle from the original OP.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6442 posts
2825 upvotes
Syne wrote: I've already contacted The Star. I hope they will pick up my story.
I received this reply yesterday from Ellen Roseman at the Star after I sent her a link to this thread and a description of my interaction with their call centre, failed attempt to reach someone at Sears Canadian Corp office and 3 attempted on line orders:

To: xxxxx@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:36:34 -0500
Subject: RE: Sears.ca Mattress Fiasco

Hi, thanks for the info. Red Flag Deals people are great at spotting problems I can write about.
I sent this to my Sears contact, since he does like to get involved and try to help people struggling to be heard. Can I just get your phone number?

Thanks,

Ellen
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1505 posts
577 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote: I received this reply yesterday from Ellen Roseman at the Star after I sent her a link to this thread and a description of my interaction with their call centre, failed attempt to reach someone at Sears Canadian Corp office and 3 attempted on line orders:

To: xxxxx@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:36:34 -0500
Subject: RE: Sears.ca Mattress Fiasco

Hi, thanks for the info. Red Flag Deals people are great at spotting problems I can write about.
I sent this to my Sears contact, since he does like to get involved and try to help people struggling to be heard. Can I just get your phone number?

Thanks,

Ellen
Good work! Lets hope for some action now!!
Jan 12, 2005
243 posts
14 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote:
Wonder if her contact is Shanye from the Pilipines?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3471 posts
836 upvotes
Canada
This won't end very well for Sears...as long as I get my mattress I don't really care even if they offshore their management team too LOL
Jun 8, 2007
816 posts
192 upvotes
Oshawa
Just got a voicemail.. Cancelled as well due "to a problem with the manufacturer"... Not sure why they need to lie about it..
Sep 3, 2014
793 posts
793 upvotes
Maple Ridge, BC
Sears always lie about the reason for cancellation.

I have been stringing them along for weeks about one of the orders from my $12 Levis 501 thread, which they cancelled due to 'lack of stock' (which was probably true at the time!) and had promised a Raincheck at the mis-price.

I knew this would probably never materialise, but they eventually emailed me to say that the Raincheck could not be honoured because 'The product is no longer manufactured'.

Really?

Levi 501s, probably the best selling jeans in the western world....

LOL