Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears.ca

SUNBEAM® Luxury 'ChoiceTouch' Premium Heated Mattress Pad, King = 101.70$, Double = 72.83$, w/ coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2016 12:23 am
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
148 upvotes

SUNBEAM® Luxury 'ChoiceTouch' Premium Heated Mattress Pad, King = 101.70$, Double = 72.83$, w/ coupon

Deal Link:
Price:
101.70$
Savings:
64%
Expiry:
November 2, 2016
Retailer:
Sears.ca
This was a one-day deal on Friday, but it's available again starting today. I'm guessing it's part of their current 3-day sale, so valid until Wednesday, Nov. 2.

This model is the one with the "ChoiceTouch" controller, where it has a clock and you can program the time at which to turn on/off the mattress heater. Prices are even better than the the "SelectTouch" models currently on sale at Costco.ca. There is coupon 941612345 WISH10 that can be applied for 10% off.

Sale price is 113.00$ for King and with 10% off comes to 101.70$ + taxes, which qualifies for free shipping.

Double size is also available at 80.92$ - 10% = 72.83$ + taxes and you can have shipped to store or other pick-up location for free.

Features include:

• 250 thread count cotton cover, 9 oz. polyester fibrefill per square yard
  • Undetectable Thermofine Microwires provide even heat distribution and automatically sense and adjust to provide more heat where needed
  • ThermoFine microwire system helps distribute heat evenly, thereby helping to prevent cold spots, 10 heating settings
  • Elastic corners help hold the mattress snugly in place, skirt fits mattresses up to 21" thick
  • Digital controller, queen and king pads have 2 controllers for individual use
  • 2, 6 or 10-hour. automatic off, backlight LCD digital controller with dimmer and preheat function, queen and king size have 2 separate controllers
  • Machine wash
Last edited by faberge on Nov 1st, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Anyone knows if this is safe? Can't imagine having electric wires running all over the place. Anyone has used this one before?
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
148 upvotes
I haven't used this specific one (yet), but I have used a lower model one from Sunbeam for the past several years. I've had no issues except for the fact that it seems to diminish in performance over the years. I've machine-washed it numerous time and no problem there.

I've been eyeing the ChoiceTouch model for an upgrade because of the programmable feature. My current one doesn't have it so if I want a toasty bed by bedtime, I have to remember to switch it on some time before. Needless to say that I've forgotten to do so many, many times.
Jul 10, 2002
500 posts
234 upvotes
We've had one for a few years now, it looks like this particular model (the controller is identical). I cannot emphasis enough on how much my girlfriend loves it. I do enjoy it as well, but I usually keep mine on the lowest setting.

But make sure you buy a model (like this one) with a variable timer. I set my side to two hours, otherwise I wake up all sweaty. Once I'm sleeping, I don't need the heat anyway.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Don't relay on Sunbeam's website description and pictures, I ordered one and it came with the wrong controller, received a StyleSmart II with 10 heat settings while the picture and description features a SelectTouch with 20 heat settings and additional features. They are only suggesting I follow through with a return.

Everytime I email/reply to their CSR, it takes 3 days before they answer back

Tried to give them a call, waited for while then got their voicemail...
I ordered http://www.sunbeam.ca/en_CA/heated-bedd ... 12A50.html

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
The S should come with the SelectTouch controller, B is the StyleSmart II controller
Last edited by Daijoubu on Nov 1st, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 8, 2015
52 posts
102 upvotes
Alberta
Daijoubu wrote: Don't relay on Sunbeam's website description and pictures, I ordered one and it came with the wrong controller, received a StyleSmart II with 10 heat settings while the picture and description features a SelectTouch with 20 heat settings and additional features. They are only suggesting I follow through with a return.

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
The S should come with the SelectTouch controller, B is the StyleSmart II controller
I ordered two queen mattress pads on sunbeam.ca as well. They were sent to two different addresses (one as a gift). I also ordered the queen 50% polyester, 50% cotton, 20 setting pad. Both orders, I received 100 % polyester and 10 settings with a very old controller that looked like an old alarm clock. I called in the day of delivery, expecting it to be a very easy process. I assumed, wrong order, they would have me send back the ones they sent in error and send me the correct one. Well, I assumed wrong. I spoke to a Jarden Rep (Jarden handles Sunbeam inquiries) who told me that they couldnt guarantee the controllers or the pad are the same as the description. (They changed the product code since our orders). I asked to speak to a supervisor, who also told me the same thing. They could not guarantee the item matches the description. I'd have to reorder at regular price. They couldn't give me the same discount. They'd send me two return labels, etc. I asked about getting new controllers after reading this thread. They said it wasn't compatible. Well, that was October 26th. After 5 calls (and speaking with two supervisors), 12 emails. I finally received two return shipping labels. I got notification they received one item, and it'll take 'one to two billing cycles' to credit my credit card. I'm still waiting for the other confirmation about my return. I will never order from Sunbeam.ca again, I will definitely purchase elsewhere. I purchase online all the time and this has to be the most frustrating and worst customer service I have experienced.
Apr 13, 2005
560 posts
256 upvotes
Can anyone get the promo code to work? Always says can't be applied.
May 26, 2003
465 posts
22 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Don't relay on Sunbeam's website description and pictures, I ordered one and it came with the wrong controller, received a StyleSmart II with 10 heat settings while the picture and description features a SelectTouch with 20 heat settings and additional features. They are only suggesting I follow through with a return.

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
How do you find out S stands for SelectTouch and B for StyleSmart? Do you notice they change the part number to be MSU2S-CAD-MASTER after the last promotion expired on Oct 17? What kind of suggestion ask you to follow, ship it back with the return shipping label and full refund? I received mine on Oct 26 and got the same controller as you do. I will let you know what I am going to do in next few days.
Last edited by microserf on Nov 1st, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
148 upvotes
aaa111 wrote: Can anyone get the promo code to work? Always says can't be applied.
Try WISH10 instead.

Looks like the one I included in my original post no longer works...
Feb 11, 2016
55 posts
95 upvotes
microserf wrote:

I ordered two of the queen 50% polyester, 50% cotton 20 heat settings on the last promo based on the RFD postings. I placed two separate orders and relied on the description to ensure that I ordered the 20 settings. Like other RFDers, they sent me an old controller that looks like an alarm clock, 100% polyester and only 10 settings. I talked to a rep and the supervisor. They acted like it was a favor to let me return both. I'm still waiting for the return labels. They did change the item numbers for the mattress pads after the last promo. I will never order from Sunbeam.ca again. The worst customer service ever. Most other companies would offer to replace with the correct item at the same cost. I was told I had to order at the current price or wait for a sale. I ordered two of the pads in separate orders to separate addresses. Poor customer service.

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
How do you find out S stands for SelectTouch and B for StyleSmart? Do you notice they change the part number to be MSU2S-CAD-MASTER after the last promotion expired on Oct 17?
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
microserf wrote:

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
How do you find out S stands for SelectTouch and B for StyleSmart? Do you notice they change the part number to be MSU2S-CAD-MASTER after the last promotion expired on Oct 17? What kind of suggestion ask you to follow, ship it back with the return shipping label and full refund? I received mine on Oct 26 and got the same controller as you do. I will let you know what I am going to do in next few days.
The URL still shows the old part #
I've looked at all the different listings and M stands for the ChoiceTouch IIRC
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
microserf wrote:

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
Sorry for OP for thread crapping.
I've opened a dispute with Paypal as they've only asked me to return the item at my cost.
I may accept to keep the item if they issue a partial refund for the cost of return shipping ($20), if they don't answer in 2-3 days, I'll escalate to PayPal, should be eligible for Purchase Protection

And keep a printed copy/PDF of the item's webpage in case they change it as proof
May 26, 2003
465 posts
22 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
microserf wrote:

MSU2SQS-V000-12A50
I've opened a dispute with Paypal as they've only asked me to return the item at my cost.
I may accept to keep the item if they issue a partial refund for the cost of return shipping ($20), if they don't answer in 2-3 days, I'll escalate to PayPal, should be eligible for Purchase Protection

And keep a printed copy/PDF of the item's webpage in case they change it as proof
OP, sorry to hi-jacking. Next day after received the order, I made a call Sunbeam and one of CSR answered my call. She was wondering around for asking me lot of questions. Almost an hour later she agreed to send me the SelectTouch controller. That order just received last night and put it on. There is not much differences with Stylesmart II. The backlight is too dim and the heat settings divide into half with Ambient Temperature Compensation. If you want to claim the SelectTouch controller you get in touch with CSR Elouise. Good luck.
By the way, where is the original Costco thread ? It disappeared and why.
Feb 7, 2011
479 posts
129 upvotes
OP what is model number? Link is not working for me
Feb 27, 2007
124 posts
148 upvotes
sanjuo wrote: OP what is model number? Link is not working for me
I don't have the model on hand as I still haven't received mine yet (backordered; expected delivery on Nov. 15).

The Sears item number is 964242506, if that helps... I can still access the item via the link, but it is listed as unavailable/out of stock.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
microserf wrote:
Daijoubu wrote:
microserf wrote:

OP, sorry to hi-jacking. Next day after received the order, I made a call Sunbeam and one of CSR answered my call. She was wondering around for asking me lot of questions. Almost an hour later she agreed to send me the SelectTouch controller. That order just received last night and put it on. There is not much differences with Stylesmart II. The backlight is too dim and the heat settings divide into half with Ambient Temperature Compensation. If you want to claim the SelectTouch controller you get in touch with CSR Elouise. Good luck.
After opening a case with Paypal, they just asked me to call them on Friday, the CSR who answered wasn't very helpful, says that they may sustitute with whichever controller they have at the time of packaging...
Had to argue with her that's misleading/false advertising and she had to speak to a supervisor to allow a prepaid return label of which I'm still waiting.

She also suggested I leave a note with my return so that the warehouse can check whether or not they have the controller and if they do, they'll ship it back to me...
May 26, 2003
465 posts
22 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
microserf wrote:
Daijoubu wrote:

After opening a case with Paypal, they just asked me to call them on Friday, the CSR who answered wasn't very helpful, says that they may sustitute with whichever controller they have at the time of packaging...
Had to argue with her that's misleading/false advertising and she had to speak to a supervisor to allow a prepaid return label of which I'm still waiting.

She also suggested I leave a note with my return so that the warehouse can check whether or not they have the controller and if they do, they'll ship it back to me...
They asked you whether send the controllers or the completed set back. Can you check the model part number of the mattress which can be read on the ironed label ? Thanks
Last edited by microserf on Nov 7th, 2016 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.