• Feb 13th, 2017 2:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1039 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto

Sears car seat return policy?

I'm about to order a car seat at Sears online but I wonder if somebody has ever returned a car seat to their stores. It will be a gift so it will be returned unopened and with all tags still on.
Read through their return policy and don't see car seats under the exclusion list but thought I'll check on here to see if somebody had first hand experience with returning this kind of item. TIA.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
2057 posts
1475 upvotes
NOT centre of Univer…
I don't about Sears but pretty much EVERY ohter place I checked the had a no return policy on seats. Apparently, once they leave the store or are shipped, then cannot be resold.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1039 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Macx2mommy wrote: I don't about Sears but pretty much EVERY ohter place I checked the had a no return policy on seats. Apparently, once they leave the store or are shipped, then cannot be resold.
Yeah. Most stores have a final sale policy in car seats. I did return one at Costco before without any hassle. This time I'd like to know if any other parents returned at Sears before.
Sep 3, 2013
948 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
I'm pretty sure, other than costco, it'll be final sale for car seats. It cannot be resold.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1039 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
So, called 3 Sears department stores to verify their return policy on car seats and all confirmed that I can return the seat within 30 days of delivery.
I checked their online policy several times (yes, call me paranoid) and nothing stated about car seat returns in their exclusion list. But I was hoping to hear of someone on RFD who had actually returned a car seat there before.
Will update this thread in case I have to return the seat.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
5140 posts
2087 upvotes
didn't have an issue returning a car seat to walmart, this was early last year.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1039 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Since we are talking about other stores now: I went to Babies R Us over the weekend and they advised that you can return car seats within 45 days of purchase if the box is unopened. That surprised me but it's great that they take them back as long as
unused/unopened. :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7726 posts
1607 upvotes
You can understand why some stores has this policy in the first place, the likelihood of the seat getting soiled just after the first few uses is pretty high and who wants a returned dirty car seat for their kid ??

However, I want to caution that a car seat is pretty personal thing, there are just too many factors involved, the shape, weight, size, ergonomics, how it fits into and out of the car, etc.... If you are thinking about buying as a gift, then you better make sure your friend isn't that picky and they are looking for just a seat and not a system with the stroller as well or vice versa. I wouldn't recommend getting one as a gift but if you are going to get it for yourself then is hard to gauge all that, without opening the box and trying it out a few times... So, very important about where you are buying it as well as the price.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted: