Expired Hot Deals

Sears

Sears - Citizen Eco-Drive watches $ 99.99. Regular $ 250.00 , Dec 7 - 9, 2012 ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2012 2:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3739 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA North

[Sears] Sears - Citizen Eco-Drive watches $ 99.99. Regular $ 250.00 , Dec 7 - 9, 2012 ONLY

This weeks flyers shows the model I saw in the store a few days ago but I had just bought the Casio Edifice ones that were sale at Costco so I didn't bite but this was actually quite nice. There were mens and women versions.

The stores may have more styles . Flyers doesn't mention which models , just states Citizen Eco-drive watches, regulare $ 250.00, Sale $ 99.88

Webcode on the flyer shows W-0421001 but it didn't show up on the search.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
44 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1343 posts
151 upvotes
Thanks. Missed out on the blackEco Drive watch from Amazon last week so will drop by tomorrow morning before work to see what Sears has to offer.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1304 posts
146 upvotes
Kingston ON
darksoul wrote: is this in store only
According to the flyer it is available only in-store.
FYI,
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12969 posts
1423 upvotes
^i guess with a 250 reg price, we cant expect much since those are the lower end ecodrive watches
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1960 posts
373 upvotes
Aurora
Siefer999 wrote: ^i guess with a 250 reg price, we cant expect much since those are the lower end ecodrive watches
I have the exact same one (mens). Been working flawlessly for 8 years. Waterproof to 3m I believe. Maybe it is lower end but I have no clue what the higher end ones offer that make them worth more.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5845 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa
They may look better, have chronos or date, better accuracy.

Sure if you are just looking for a watch that displays time and nothing else, the lower end ones are fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1960 posts
373 upvotes
Aurora
TripleHelix wrote: They may look better, have chronos or date, better accuracy.

Sure if you are just looking for a watch that displays time and nothing else, the lower end ones are fine.
Looks is subjective - I like it because of the simplistic layout.
Date could be useful. What's chronos?
I think a $5 watch is accurate enough for 99.9% of users. Plus it gets manually "calibrated" twice a year during the time change.

For sure some expensive watches offer very specialized features, but for telling time you can't go wrong with any low end name brand as long as you like the style.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Well, the thing is, watches (especially for guys) are no longer so much for telling time. They are jewellery, a fashion accessory. That's why guys who are into watches will keep buying them. Let's face it, if you needed something just to tell time and date, a $29 Casio would be the smartest choice.

By the way, while we're on the subject of Sears and Casio, this is your best deal:

http://www.sears.ca/product/casio-pro-t ... PRG550-1A1

I was so tempted, except I already have 2 atomic G-shock watches, and this would be too similar in use and function.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Well, the thing is, watches (especially for guys) are no longer so much for telling time. They are jewellery, a fashion accessory. That's why guys who are into watches will keep buying them. Let's face it, if you needed something just to tell time and date, a $29 Casio would be the smartest choice.

By the way, while we're on the subject of Sears and Casio, this is your best deal:

http://www.sears.ca/product/casio-pro-t ... PRG550-1A1

I was so tempted, except I already have 2 atomic G-shock watches, and this would be too similar in use and function.
I tried to order the protrek watch, but it was on "backorder (till Jan 31 2013)." Will I get charged for backorder items? If so, I will probably get the Mudman instead. Is Protrek (PRG500) better than Mudman (G-9000)?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chev4x4 wrote: I tried to order the protrek watch, but it was on "backorder (till Jan 31 2013)." Will I get charged for backorder items? If so, I will probably get the Mudman instead. Is Protrek (PRG500) better than Mudman (G-9000)?
I wouldn't think they would charge you ahead of time if the item is on backorder. The Mudman has different functions/features even though they are both outdoors watches. The Protrek is more of a mountaineering/expedition type watch. But an important difference, if I'm not mistaken, is that the Mudman is not Solar-powered. Casio G-shocks are a little more finicky re battery changes because of the seals they use.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chev4x4 wrote: I tried to order the protrek watch, but it was on "backorder (till Jan 31 2013)." Will I get charged for backorder items? If so, I will probably get the Mudman instead. Is Protrek (PRG500) better than Mudman (G-9000)?
Are you sure it's on Backorder? I just tried, and I could add it to Cart and then to Secured Checkout. (I didn't proceed beyond that I wasn't going to buy).
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
2226 posts
779 upvotes
GTA
I would never buy a Casio. I had one that broke after a couple of weeks. It was a cheapo, but I still expected more than that. The strap broke, and the dumb design of the watch didn't have replaceable straps with pins. It was all molded together. From that date on, I've been telling everybody to stay away from Casio.

Since this thread is about Citizens, I highly recommend the brand. I have 3 eco-drive chronos (different styles and colours) but the best of all is the perpetual calendar chrono A-T. Whether you like it simple or technogically advanced, Citizen eco-drives won't disappoint.
Rogido wrote: Let's face it, if you needed something just to tell time and date, a $29 Casio would be the smartest choice.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Are you sure it's on Backorder? I just tried, and I could add it to Cart and then to Secured Checkout. (I didn't proceed beyond that I wasn't going to buy).
Thanks for your info. What would be life span for the solar power? 5-yrs, 10-yrs or even longer? I tried to check it out again, but I got no go.

[IMG]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/58/protrek.png[/IMG]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3739 posts
1047 upvotes
GTA North
Riddick wrote: I would never buy a Casio. I had one that broke after a couple of weeks. It was a cheapo, but I still expected more than that. The strap broke, and the dumb design of the watch didn't have replaceable straps with pins. It was all molded together. From that date on, I've been telling everybody to stay away from Casio.

Since this thread is about Citizens, I highly recommend the brand. I have 3 eco-drive chronos (different styles and colours) but the best of all is the perpetual calendar chrono A-T. Whether you like it simple or technogically advanced, Citizen eco-drives won't disappoint.
My Casio tough solar has taken my daily careless abuse that my Seikos couldn't handle which was why I bought another Casio. My Citizen eco drive is nice but it doesn't feel like it can take a hit the way my Casio can. Both eco drive and tough solar are decent imho.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Feb 19, 2004
217 posts
7 upvotes
Gweedz wrote: Looks is subjective - I like it because of the simplistic layout.
Date could be useful. What's chronos?
I think a $5 watch is accurate enough for 99.9% of users. Plus it gets manually "calibrated" twice a year during the time change.

For sure some expensive watches offer very specialized features, but for telling time you can't go wrong with any low end name brand as long as you like the style.
Yeah, it's true. I think that watches are to men as shoes are to women ... groan ... ;-)
For those of you who like to buy something a bit different or high-end go here and take a boo: http://www.watchismo.com/
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chev4x4 wrote: Thanks for your info. What would be life span for the solar power? 5-yrs, 10-yrs or even longer? I tried to check it out again, but I got no go.

[IMG]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/58/protrek.png[/IMG]
I think life span for the solar battery varies. Like any rechargeble battery, life span depends on pattern of use and # of recharge cycles. My guess is, under "normal" use, probably close to 10 years.

So for the Protrek, that's what it shows when you tried to checkout? That's weird. Maybe I just didn't proceed far enough into the process to get that screen. But does it mean you're going to get the watch at the sale price, once they get new supply?