Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

Sears - Citizen Eco-Drive watches $ 99.99. Regular $ 250.00 , Dec 7 - 9, 2012 ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2012 2:13 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Riddick wrote: I would never buy a Casio. I had one that broke after a couple of weeks. It was a cheapo, but I still expected more than that. The strap broke, and the dumb design of the watch didn't have replaceable straps with pins. It was all molded together. From that date on, I've been telling everybody to stay away from Casio.

Since this thread is about Citizens, I highly recommend the brand. I have 3 eco-drive chronos (different styles and colours) but the best of all is the perpetual calendar chrono A-T. Whether you like it simple or technogically advanced, Citizen eco-drives won't disappoint.
I agree the straps on lower-end Casios are not the best. But the watch itself is rock-solid, and very accurate, even without the atomic clock sync feature. There are youtubes video of people driving over G-shocks with their cars. Try that with your Eco-drive.

(By the way, I own both Eco-drive and Casio G-shocks. I like them both).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3786 posts
1101 upvotes
GTA North
Newfie wrote: Yeah, it's true. I think that watches are to men as shoes are to women ... groan ... ;-)
For those of you who like to buy something a bit different or high-end go here and take a boo: http://www.watchismo.com/
Wow, really nice design on a lot of them, BF, Tondonco.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
"Save $10 on purchases of $100+ at Sears.ca with bonus code 941612151"

It works on the Protrek. For the Eco-drive, it may need a cheap filter.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Good riddance, Sears' checkout system is a pain in the a--. I've never seen such a stupid system.

Every time I add my address and get to the confirmation page, it automatically changes my address to a different street type.
For example, I live on a street "Lane/LN"; Sears' checkout keeps changing it to "Circle/CIR".

What

The

F---.

How am I supposed to order? Also, the PRG550 is back ordered until Jan. 21st, 2013.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
That's it, I give up. I keep editing my address street to the proper "Lane" street; Sears keeps auto changing Lane to "Circle", and even changes my postal code to a completely different one.

So dumb. That's why Sears is going out of business.
Sep 8, 2011
170 posts
104 upvotes
Quebec
Hwy, i think this watch is a warm deal !...with the 20 $ off 200 $ coupon, i got it at 190 $. (coupon code 941612152)

Fine Eco Drive Military watch model CA0255-01E

[IMG]http://catalog.sears.ca/wcsstore/Master ... 2114_P.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.sears.ca/product/citizen-eco ... CA0255-01E

after a bit of research i find it enjoys good reviews, see amazon.com

And at 190 $...could not find any better price anywhere...

love my eco-drives....
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fingwerk wrote: That's it, I give up. I keep editing my address street to the proper "Lane" street; Sears keeps auto changing Lane to "Circle", and even changes my postal code to a completely different one.

So dumb. That's why Sears is going out of business.
I guess Sears had to layoff their e-commerce tech support! :lol:
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Rogido wrote: I guess Sears had to layoff their e-commerce tech support! :lol:
Seriously, I literally cannot order because of this. I'm also not going to bother calling them to make an order.

Sears is too stupid. I wonder how many potential customers are changing their mind after not being able to enter their proper addresses in?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fingwerk wrote: Seriously, I literally cannot order because of this. I'm also not going to bother calling them to make an order.

Sears is too stupid. I wonder how many potential customers are changing their mind after not being able to enter their proper addresses in?
What if you let them use the wrong street type. With the correct street name and number, they should be able to deliver it to you. Unless the order gets rejected because the address does not match the address on your credit card.
Aug 28, 2011
294 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Rogido wrote: What if you let them use the wrong street type. With the correct street name and number, they should be able to deliver it to you. Unless the order gets rejected because the address does not match the address on your credit card.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the charge won't go through because the credit address will not match.

Also, even if they did try to deliver using the wrong address, I'd be screwed with having to follow up after them for weeks to get my watch. It will probably end up as "WRONG ADDRESS/INCOMPLETE. UNABLE TO DELIVER" on their tracking site. Not worth the hassle.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15156 posts
4968 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fingwerk wrote: Yeah, I'm pretty sure the charge won't go through because the credit address will not match.

Also, even if they did try to deliver using the wrong address, I'd be screwed with having to follow up after them for weeks to get my watch. It will probably end up as "WRONG ADDRESS/INCOMPLETE. UNABLE TO DELIVER" on their tracking site. Not worth the hassle.
Yeah, you're right.
Feb 1, 2008
80 posts
9 upvotes
Saint-Lazare
Picked up one for the wife. Thanks for the heads up.. I never look through Sears catalogs. Item is indeed the one in post #7.
Nov 27, 2009
933 posts
279 upvotes
Rogido wrote: So for the Protrek, that's what it shows when you tried to checkout? That's weird. Maybe I just didn't proceed far enough into the process to get that screen. But does it mean you're going to get the watch at the sale price, once they get new supply?
I think Sears will charge me upfront for this watch and ship it out in Jan 2013. I will cancel my order if I can get a better deal during the Christmas season.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
3786 posts
1101 upvotes
GTA North
tonershop wrote: Would it be worth it to pay $50 more for ESQ by Movado?
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003V2L ... 2267721011
To me, it's a completely different type of watch. I like the Eco-drive, Kinetic, Solar type watches because I hate battery changes.
Heatware 3-0
Homer Simpson - Marge, don't discourage the boy! Weaseling out of things is what separates us from animals - except for the weasel.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1206 posts
1566 upvotes
Toronto
tkl wrote: To me, it's a completely different type of watch. I like the Eco-drive, Kinetic, Solar type watches because I hate battery changes.
That's true, and the ESQ watch is too big for my gf's wrist.. I will try to pick up this Citizen watch tomorrow.

Is it just me or I cant seem to find this model on citizenwatch.com or anywhere??? I cant even do any research on it..
May 30, 2007
398 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
So is it only the one that is seen in post 7? Or are there different styles in-store?
May 29, 2006
673 posts
202 upvotes
The watch is post 7 looks like my grandpas watch.....ugly
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1304 posts
146 upvotes
Kingston ON
imak wrote: So is it only the one that is seen in post 7? Or are there different styles in-store?
I stopped in this morning and the 2 shown in post #7 were the only ones that were regular $250 on for $99. That's Kingston & maybe other stores have different models on sale?
FYI,
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3296 posts
433 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
Riddick wrote: I would never buy a Casio. I had one that broke after a couple of weeks. It was a cheapo, but I still expected more than that. The strap broke, and the dumb design of the watch didn't have replaceable straps with pins. It was all molded together. From that date on, I've been telling everybody to stay away from Casio.
Was it a Casio F-91w or F-105w by any chance? They're known for frequent strap breakage when worn too tight (as in skin-bulging-out-from strap tight) but they're otherwise durable when worn a little loosely. I got the F-91w for $10 about 10 years ago and it's still been going strong without a strap change. It's so durable that even this guy wore it until his final days, lol:
[IMG]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Compo ... .widec.jpg[/IMG]