[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2027 posts
2563 upvotes
Canada

Sears Clearance Return Policy

Did you know?

Sears recently changed their return policy on clearance merchandise. This applies to items that marked down with a red sticker. Clearance items are now a final sale. This means that you cannot return or exchange the items regardless if it doesn't fit or there is a flaw.

Just a warning when you purchase clearance items at Sears. I was almost tricked until I asked a cashier about the return policy.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1775 posts
299 upvotes
yeah, I saw this on my receipt when I got home the other day. Not impressed as the person at the cash didn't mention any change to the policy and I have a pair of pants I wanted to try with something at home before deciding whether or not to keep them.

Laura
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
xansmommy wrote: yeah, I saw this on my receipt when I got home the other day. Not impressed as the person at the cash didn't mention any change to the policy and I have a pair of pants I wanted to try with something at home before deciding whether or not to keep them.

Laura
Why not just take whatever it is you want to try it with, to the store?
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1775 posts
299 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Why not just take whatever it is you want to try it with, to the store?
because I was in New Brunswick and an 1100 km drive to grab a couple of my dress shirts and nice boots didn't appeal to me. :)

Laura
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
xansmommy wrote: because I was in New Brunswick and an 1100 km drive to grab a couple of my dress shirts and nice boots didn't appeal to me. :)

Laura
Geez...you're not a very dedicated fashionista, are you? :cheesygri
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!