Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Sears Connect] Double minutes/data cell promo is back on

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2016 2:36 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia

[Sears Connect] Double minutes/data cell promo is back on

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 31, 2016
For those who missed the Zoomer $36 deal, their sister site Sears Connect is offering 50% off for the first four months on their plans.

This works out to $36.67/month over 24 months on their very popular 1 GB data plan. This deal expires on March 31st and their CSR warned me, "I would suggest doing it as soon as possible because they aren't going to allow any extensions on the promotions."

The standout plan is the $40/month offer, with gives you 400 daytime minutes, unlimited international text and 1 GB of data with free Canadian calls after 6pm. Your "free" phone choices include the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and Galaxy Core LTE (which you can sell for $120-$180 if you already have a handset). Their $60 plan (800 Canada-wide minutes, 2 GB data, unlimited international text, free calls after 6pm) allows you to choose the still-respectable Samsung Galaxy S4 or an LG G3.

You need to sign up on a 2-year term to receive the double minutes/data, which requires selecting one of their phones. If you wish to cancel before the end of 2 years, you'll have to pay off the remaining device subsidy.

You can get a $25 referral credit from an existing Sears Connect customer, but you have to have the referral information *before* starting the signup process (and it doesn't seem like they're accepting cross-referrals from the other Cityfone brands such as Zoomer or RBC Talk & Save anymore). It was a painless process when I signed up.

As far as service and coverage goes, Cityfone is owned by Rogers. You're receive an LTE SIM and your service is on the Rogers network. My experience with customer service via online chat and voice calls has been excellent. They're Vancouver-based and extremely well trained. When I ported from Koodo, the process took less than an hour.
Images
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
I've been with Zoomer Wireless (another company that operates through Cityfone) for over a year. Like many people who already have a phone, I sold the Samsung Galaxy Core LTE that came with the plan to further decrease my overall costs. IMHO the double data / minutes promo makes this one of the better cell phone deals out there as long as you don't need more than the available data. Their customer service is great as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
bvit6667 wrote: IMHO the double data / minutes promo makes this one of the better cell phone deals out there as long as you don't need more than the available data. Their customer service is great as well.
The only gotcha I've discovered so far is that US long distance is billed at 35 cents/minute. I guess I'll just have to remember to use Google Voice when calling the USA (which isn't something I do often, anyway).
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3116 posts
2251 upvotes
Canadia
FYI, the Sears Connect double minutes/data promo is back with 50% off for the first four months, which works out to only $16 more than the popular $36 Zoomer deal over a 24 month term. The promo runs until March 31.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)