Home & Garden

Sears mattress liquidation at Mattress Mart

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 9:15 pm
Apr 21, 2008
87 posts
12 upvotes

Sears mattress liquidation at Mattress Mart

Beds destined for Sears are now being liquidated by Mattress Mart. Pricing comparisons in-store claim beds that cost $2000-2500 are now in the $1000 range. Should I consider them or avoid? MM is supposed to handle warranty, so Sears disappearing shouldn't be an issue (although the warranties seem to be pro-rated, which IS an issue).

Once piece of evidence it's at least a legit discounting is an RFD price alert post from earlier this year on an exact match with a bed in question, where the liquidation price is about the same as what's shown in the RFD post. Are there any other gotcha's to be aware of though?
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
6381 posts
1740 upvotes
I always avoid buying large ticket item from liquidator. Where are you going to get your warranty and/or return if the thing doesn't work out?

Sears liquidation is no exception.

Especially when news say the liquidator put the price back to MSRP and discounted it, rendering no discount or even higher.

I say forget about it
Apr 21, 2008
87 posts
12 upvotes
If it were Sears itself is absolutely agree with you. Here though it's a 3rd party retailer that has taken on warranty and exchanges of remaining Sears-labeled mattresses that are sitting ready from the factory, not Sears itself (so they say). So if I buy from Sears store liquidators yes I'm SOL on exchange and warranty, but buying through Mattress Mart they're saying I'm covered.