• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2017 8:38 am
175 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20785 posts
6259 upvotes
GTA
Oh boy, I just got a call back from an interview at their HQ. I guess I'll wait and see.
Jun 12, 2017
0 posts
1 upvote
I'm likely a cause of them out of $400.00 due to Sears Portrait Studio closing without notifing consumers who bought expensive photo packages that included a members card.

I told them that if the portrait studio said Photos unlimited then thats a different story but since the studio holds the sears name then that makes sears liable if any court action was to take place. So they sent me a $400 cheque just last week thank got we cashed it when we got it lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2941 posts
5029 upvotes
Atlantic
No surprise here. Years of decline along with losses every quarter = bankruptcy.

Surprised they even lasted the last 5-7 years with all those losses.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5170 posts
6962 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The location near me actually began renovating in the past month. I guess it's to make it "look" better for potential sale?
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10706 posts
3367 upvotes
they really messed up last years black friday/xmas season with online orders, they were blasted hard on social media for all the missed deadlines. we ordered a dishwasher on black friday that said it would be delivered the next day, it never came, no one called, we waited 6+ weeks for a refund, kept being told it was on backorder. while a few days later we bought it at lowes, they called within 1 hour, verified delivery time and they showed up on time, same exact dishwasher. that was the last chance sears had at our money.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
2941 posts
5029 upvotes
Atlantic
rocking23nf wrote: they really messed up last years black friday/xmas season with online orders, they were blasted hard on social media for all the missed deadlines. we ordered a dishwasher on black friday that said it would be delivered the next day, it never came, no one called, we waited 6+ weeks for a refund, kept being told it was on backorder. while a few days later we bought it at lowes, they called within 1 hour, verified delivery time and they showed up on time, same exact dishwasher. that was the last chance sears had at our money.
Had a similar experience with a stove. Sears kept arranging delivery windows week after week but no one would show up. Called in a few times and they would say it was backordered and they would try delivering again next week.

Thinking back, this is a sign of supply chain failure. Sears simply does not have the liquidity to maintain their contracts with suppliers and hence there are no products available in their warehouse for movement down the supply chain. Effectively Sears cannot fulfill its orders as it doesn't even have the money to buy from its suppliers in the first place.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18050 posts
10850 upvotes
Ottawa
Sears has been spiraling down for so long it was just a question of when. The stores are absolutely pitiful and it would take a major miracle to pull off a recovery. There is so much broken with shopping at Sears.

It''s too bad, buying a Kenmore appliance was the way to go back in the heydays. They worked with OEM manufacturers and had stringent quality standards for the Kenmore stuff.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25154 posts
2330 upvotes
Markham, ON
heads up...you guys better use those giftcards asap.

(I guess that's the reason why the online store does not accept giftcards...they want you to use the funds at the B&M to clear out the inventory.
Last edited by thelefteyeguy on Jun 13th, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25154 posts
2330 upvotes
Markham, ON
er34er34 wrote: The location near me actually began renovating in the past month. I guess it's to make it "look" better for potential sale?
you mean STC?....when I read the article, I was like...how they get money to renovate that POS space at STC?
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5170 posts
6962 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thelefteyeguy wrote: you mean STC?....when I read the article, I was like...how they get money to renovate that POS space at STC?
No, this was Mississauga.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23552 posts
22508 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Dealt with Sears Home just this last week. Overall was a good experience (as always) they do seem to have that end of their business right (at least in the B&M format). Hoping they'll actually keep that part of the company if they go belly-up / sell / restructure. Would make sense as they've already spun them off as separate stores in many locales.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3478 posts
678 upvotes
Allenford
I looked to see what they had for wallets the other day and they have like 3 purses available online. Very sad :(
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25154 posts
2330 upvotes
Markham, ON
er34er34 wrote: No, this was Mississauga.
well...in STC...they are renovating...they deserve to go kaput
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1510 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
This doesn't surprise me one bit. Their business from an operations standpoint is a disaster. Even good retailers are facing challenges, and I wouldn't call Sears good....
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2177 posts
2094 upvotes
Goof ... eh.. good luck, Sears Canada.
Rarely visit or buy from either online or at the store due to bad/worst customer services and poor choices of high pricesd merchandise.
Life is full of twists.
Stay flexible.
Jan 4, 2013
563 posts
199 upvotes
Just need them to have an appliance blowout so I can do my kitchen cheaper
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5170 posts
6962 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rocking23nf wrote: they really messed up last years black friday/xmas season with online orders, they were blasted hard on social media for all the missed deadlines. we ordered a dishwasher on black friday that said it would be delivered the next day, it never came, no one called, we waited 6+ weeks for a refund, kept being told it was on backorder. while a few days later we bought it at lowes, they called within 1 hour, verified delivery time and they showed up on time, same exact dishwasher. that was the last chance sears had at our money.
EasyCompany251 wrote: Had a similar experience with a stove. Sears kept arranging delivery windows week after week but no one would show up. Called in a few times and they would say it was backordered and they would try delivering again next week.

Thinking back, this is a sign of supply chain failure. Sears simply does not have the liquidity to maintain their contracts with suppliers and hence there are no products available in their warehouse for movement down the supply chain. Effectively Sears cannot fulfill its orders as it doesn't even have the money to buy from its suppliers in the first place.
To be fair, most big box stores(Home depot) for example, don't stock appliances in their own warehouses. They place orders to the manufacturers/distributor directly and deliveries are arranged by them, although it could be that Sears credibility has gone down the toilet and distributors delay processing Sears orders due to fear of bankruptcy, but hey, maybe they are smart to sell now instead of waiting for Wynn's $15 min wage to kick in.

Seriously, for all the hate that Sears gets on RFD, they've always delivered on price errors for me. This year alone, I got 2 cheap mattresses(many other RFDers got them free...), the $10 off $10 email code error recently(4 orders of stuff, I paid <$5 total).... really, haters gonna hate... we as consumers are the only ones that are going to feel the pain when Sears goes and there is less competition.

lava-hot-king-koil-pocketed-coil-double ... r-2072119/
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/sears-e ... g-2102907/
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1008 posts
1667 upvotes
GTA
er34er34 wrote: To be fair, most big box stores(Home depot) for example, don't stock appliances in their own warehouses. They place orders to the manufacturers/distributor directly and deliveries are arranged by them, although it could be that Sears credibility has gone down the toilet and distributors delay processing Sears orders due to fear of bankruptcy, but hey, maybe they are smart to sell now instead of waiting for Wynn's $15 min wage to kick in.

Seriously, for all the hate that Sears gets on RFD, they've always delivered on price errors for me. This year alone, I got 2 cheap mattresses(many other RFDers got them free...), the $10 off $10 email code error recently(4 orders of stuff, I paid <$5 total).... really, haters gonna hate... we as consumers are the only ones that are going to feel the pain when Sears goes and there is less competition.

lava-hot-king-koil-pocketed-coil-double ... r-2072119/
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/sears-e ... g-2102907/
Those aren't reasons to praise them. Those are signs of how incompetent they are and one of the reasons they are unsuccessful.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4576 posts
1588 upvotes
Mississauga
I ordered 2 jackets on their website, picked up in store and returned both in wrapped condition within a week.
That was back in Feb and by end of May, I still didn't get a refund so I had to write them an email and ask.
They called me back and asked if I truly returned it, because they don't see it was returned in the system. :facepalm:
I almost had to call CC to do a chargeback.

Do I need to record a video of the return next time? Probably not. I don't plan to order anything from their website again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)