Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Sears

sears Canterbury II" Euro Top Mattress $379 queen regular $1999

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2017 7:45 am
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
828 coils for Queen is borderline. Ok for 300$ matress, but the $2000 price is bs
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1187 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Cheapowill wrote: i really don't want to complain about sears but I wasted more than an hour of my time on this so I am bitter....here goes

THe website really suck! First I made a mistake which i admit, I placed the order for the plush because I was rushing AND their checkout does not allow you to see what you are purchasing before checkout. On the review screen it does not list the item(s) you are purchasing, only the total and shipping address.

So I screwed up, my fault. I had to call them to cancel. The CSR girl was super friendly and cancelled for me no problem. I tried to order again while she was on the phone and at the last step it wouldn't accept my cc. Strange because I literally just used to same CC to place the mistake order. She offered to help me place the order on her end and it took her 15 minutes before she said she will keep trying and call me back later.

45 mins later she did call and said on her system there is no stock available so she couldn't place the order, and that I should try again on Wednesday. I did not get upset at her because she was super nice but i did opine that the Sears website and inventory system really suck

Just for kicks I decided to try one more time and this time even picking up at store is not free. They want to charge $66. Earlier they did not charge for this. obviously i did not proceed further to see if the order was going to go through as I do not want to be charged for picking up the mattress at store myself. IT doesn't make any sense to charge the customer to pick up the goods themselves.

What the heck is going on at SEARS! Unbelievable! Honestly I have had a number of bad experience with their online store before and despite that I wasted an hour of my time today trying to buy from them again because I need a mattress for my kid.

I am kind of upset, both at myself for making the first mistake and for wasting so much time today. Thanks for reading my rant. I will digress and stop complaining now and wasting any more energy even thinking about SEARS.
Judging by your rant, they couldn't get their sh!t together. FYI: don't shoot the messenger but Sears is set to close another 10 stores including Fairview and STC.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
10 more stores going down. Pickering Sears has turned into a warehouse after spending loads of $s on renovations.

Sears is running on fumes.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3097 posts
2399 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: 10 more stores going down. Pickering Sears has turned into a warehouse after spending loads of $s on renovations.

Sears is running on fumes.
The irony is that they actually made more money on their liquidation sale. Most of the stuff (e.g. Appliances) was gone at 20-30% of their inflated MSRP prices, so actually people were paying the same price they would pay elsewhere. They just never adapted their strategy to the evolved reality of the Cyber world.

Same thing happened to Blackberry - the result from arrogant management
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes
cardguy wrote: after shopping mattresses for a while for myself...this deal is MEH at best...then factor in dealing with sears 700 pocket coil is about $800 full retail at most and could be had for about $500 with delivery and negotiating.
I bought an 1800 coil from Brick (seely beautirest hotel grade ) for just over $800 (after grinding them) ..more than twice the pocket coils.
Coil count is not a good way to judge or compare a mattress. The mattress is a fixed size and a higher coil count just means more coils crammed into the same mattress. Does that mean mattresses with a higher coil count are using small / thinner coils? Most likely yes - there is only so much space. Does that mean these coils are weaker? Definite possibility - they are clear smaller. For 1800 coils I suspect you have a layer of very small coils in addition to regular size coils. Not really fair to compare 1000 small coils + 800 regular coils at "1800 coil count".

This mattress is a great deal for someone that wants a pocket coil mattress.

Sleep like the Dead is a great unbiased resource on mattresses and a good read for anyone considering a mattress purchase: http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattres ... oil.html#6
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1850 upvotes
North Vancouver
TrevorK wrote: Coil count is not a good way to judge or compare a mattress. The mattress is a fixed size and a higher coil count just means more coils crammed into the same mattress. Does that mean mattresses with a higher coil count are using small / thinner coils? Most likely yes - there is only so much space. Does that mean these coils are weaker? Definite possibility - they are clear smaller. For 1800 coils I suspect you have a layer of very small coils in addition to regular size coils. Not really fair to compare 1000 small coils + 800 regular coils at "1800 coil count".

This mattress is a great deal for someone that wants a pocket coil mattress.

Sleep like the Dead is a great unbiased resource on mattresses and a good read for anyone considering a mattress purchase: http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattres ... oil.html#6
Great reference site, thanks TrevorK!
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Jan 17, 2004
111 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria, BC
FYI I went to a Sears Home store tried it out and paid for it. No delivery fee to the store. That was in Ottawa.
Stupid forum costing me too much money...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
The sherwood model is the exact same but has an extra inch of foam in the pillow top and costs $50 more. Clearly a better mattress yet the "compare at" is drastically less than the Canterbury...just further proof that those "compare at" prices are BS.

That said, I might buy this sherwood in a king size... Tough call
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1396 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
anyone having issue with their site?

I'm trying to buy the Sherwood but i can' get past the shipping method page after entering my address
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
djredhat wrote: The irony is that they actually made more money on their liquidation sale. Most of the stuff (e.g. Appliances) was gone at 20-30% of their inflated MSRP prices, so actually people were paying the same price they would pay elsewhere. They just never adapted their strategy to the evolved reality of the Cyber world.

Same thing happened to Blackberry - the result from arrogant management
I feel thats how Canadian Tire and Best Buy operate too.........just like Sears. I actually like it when Sears has sales in store, the deals are decent. Canadian Tire on the other hand has "sales" that just make it "regular price". These stores have to learn from Home Depot and Costco. Everyday "fair prices" with amazing customer service.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Oct 5, 2008
270 posts
108 upvotes
North York
dannyphones wrote: The 10 year warranty will be useless once they go bankrupt, too bad it isn't sealy or serta so you could go to manufacturer.
So because it's "Sears" it can only be warranties under Sears? Booooo.
Jun 26, 2009
228 posts
287 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: Orders cancelled in.....
Like everyone said with the $70 mattress at the start of the year....Typed while laying in mine. Doesn't hurt to try albeit this deal isn't as hot.
Jan 22, 2006
185 posts
64 upvotes
It was advertised on RFD in March as a set for $699 with box spring. ("Compare at $1169" then for set; vs "compare at $1999" now for mattress only.) , but since normal box spring is usually around $90?-$150? mattress only might be decent deal at $379
https://www.redflagdeals.com/deal/furni ... sleep-set/
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Frankdood wrote: Like everyone said with the $70 mattress at the start of the year....Typed while laying in mine. Doesn't hurt to try albeit this deal isn't as hot.
Still bummed I missed that deal. I got in on the cast iron pans that never got canceled or delivered but was too late on the mattress.
Nov 11, 2006
586 posts
108 upvotes
Anyone's getting a credit card error while placing the order? I tried with several cards it gives the same error... same error when i tried placing the order over the phone
Sep 8, 2016
56 posts
22 upvotes
I went directly to the store (Sears Promenade). Was told shipping is free under $500 and was able to test out the "Serenity" and "Canterbury II" for firm versus plush. $379 for either mattress with $110 more for the "Perfect Sleeper" Box Spring. Personally went with the Serenity because the Canterbury look like a cheaper built and even on firm it felt very soft.
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18714 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Krime1k wrote: It's Sears though, so no surprise here. Even if you get something shipped to Sears it's a frustrating experience. I got a jacket shipped last month, never received any online updates aside from the order confirmation – even after 3 weeks. I tried calling the store it was supposed to be shipped too to see if it had arrived and no one would answered the phone (on any line) for the 3 days. I finally had to call Sears head office to confirm that the package was shipped to the store 2 weeks prior. Absolute nightmare dealing with this company.
Same experience ordering boots shipped to store. No updates or tracking #, aside from payment confirmation. But it was shipped next (same) business day. I guess you have to check it online yourself.

LOCATION DATE LOCAL TIME ACTIVITY
WILLOWDALE, CA 09/20/2017 17:47 Delivered
Concord, ON, Canada 09/20/2017 6:00 Out for Delivery
Concord, ON, Canada 09/19/2017 19:25 Destination Scan
09/19/2017 19:24 Origin Scan
Canada 09/18/2017 17:14 (ET) Order Processed: Ready for UPS
For Sale:

HEATWARE
Aug 30, 2013
824 posts
999 upvotes
clikit wrote: I went directly to the store (Sears Promenade). Was told shipping is free under $500 and was able to test out the "Serenity" and "Canterbury II" for firm versus plush. $379 for either mattress with $110 more for the "Perfect Sleeper" Box Spring. Personally went with the Serenity because the Canterbury look like a cheaper built and even on firm it felt very soft.
I ended up doing the same thing. I cancelled my Lancaster from 6 weeks ago, tried the Serta Serenity and my local Sears and purchased the Serenity Firm. Got free shipping to my house when I purchased at the store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)