Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Snowblower Snowfest 2014-15

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2015 6:41 pm
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes

Snowblower Snowfest 2014-15

Every year, Sears has a promotion called "SNOWFEST" where prices for snow blowers/throwers tend to be the lowest for the season. I'll be editing this thread periodically with deals I think are worth posting (hopefully well in advance before the sale starts). I'll also be posting coupon codes (if available) for online purchases.

Things to consider before purchasing:

How much snow do you get?
Dual stage snow blowers: Recommended for moderate (6-16") to heavy (16"+) snowfall areas that require quick and easy removal of large snow amounts.
Single stage snow throwers: Designed for light snow (up to 6"). They are lightweight, maneuverable and easy to use.

What type of snow do you get?
Dual stage snow blowers are built to perform in conditions ranging from moderate to extremely wet snow.
Single stage snow throwers are intended for light duty applications.

What is the difference between a snow blower and a snow thrower?
Snow thrower (single stage): These units have one point of contact with the snow. Snow is gathered and thrown directly through the chute in one revolution.
Snow blower (dual stage): These units have two points of contact with the snow. Snow is metered inward by slow turning augers where it hits a high speed impeller, blowing it out of the chute.

Who makes the OHV "Craftsman" branded engines?
Craftsman branded engines are manufactured by MTD, the same company that makes the no-name engines for Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet, Ariens, and some Toro snow blowers.

What type of engine should I be looking for?
Briggs & Stratton engines are usually the consumer's choice in outdoor power equipment. Some engines are made in the USA (look for the "MADE IN USA" sticker) while most engines are made in China. Snow blowers/throwers with B&S engines come at a premium price point. Replacement parts tend to be more expensive although by not much.
MTD engines (basically, the house branded engines) are made in China. They are seen in many different brands and tend to cheaper in price. Reliability wise, they are just as good as B&S engines. Replacement parts tend to be cheaper, and more universal across many brands.

In the end, it's based on how YOU maintain your snow blower. Make sure you have the oil changed after the first use (or after 20 minutes) and use gas with low/no ethanol such as Shell V-Power.

What else should I keep in mind?
  • Make sure you have a method to transport the snow blower/thrower home unless you're willing to pay a $70 delivery fee.
  • Most customers purchase large snow blowers without measuring the size of their gate. Make sure your snow blower/thrower can pass through your gate unless you have other options to go around.
  • Electric start
  • Assisted turning (especially on larger models)
[/B]

Valid Coupon Codes & Discounts:
  • $10 Off $50 With Sears Newsletter Sign Up
  • 5% cash back using Ebates
[/B]

Deals valid from Oct 31 - Nov 1; most deals are currently valid as of now.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/10poxn6.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/152c6x5.png[/IMG]

Deals valid from now to Oct 30; listed from best to warm:[/size]

CRAFTSMAN 27'' 250cc Dual Stage Snow Thrower
Regular Price: $1499.99
Sale Price: $999.99
[IMG]http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/image/searsca ... 95&hei=400[/IMG]
Overview:
  • 27" 250 cc Briggs & Stratton engine
  • Electric start
  • Assisted steering
  • Metal chute, 2-year limited warranty
  • Better console/control layout
  • Heated handle grips
[/B]

CRAFTSMAN 208cc 24'' Steerable Snowblower

Regular Price: $1199.99
Sale Price: $899.99
Overview:
  • 24" 208cc Craftsman engine
  • Electric start
  • Joy-stick chute control
  • Lifetime chute warranty; 2-year limited warranty
  • Heated hand grips;15""x 5"" X-TRAC tires
[/B]

CRAFTSMAN 357cc 28'' Steerable Snowblower
Regular Price: $1649.99
Sale Price: $1299.99
Overview:
  • 28" 357cc Craftsman engine
  • Electric start
  • Electric thumb chute control
  • Lifetime chute warranty; 2-year limited warranty
  • Heated hand grips;16""x 4.8"" X-TRAC tires
[/B]

CRAFTSMAN PROFESSIONAL 30'' 420 cc Dual Stage Snow blower
Regular Price: $1999.99
Sale Price: $1399.99
Overview:
  • 27" 420 cc Briggs & Stratton engine?? *Might be an error on the website. Pretty sure its 305 cc and not 420 cc*
  • Electric start
  • Electric chute control
  • Heated hand grips, Drift Cutters, Headlight, Storage Cover
[/B]

CRAFTSMAN 24'' 208cc Dual Stage Snow Thrower
Regular Price: $1199.99
Sale Price: $899.99
Overview:
  • 24" 208 cc Briggs & Stratton engine
  • Electric start
  • NO ASSISTED STEERING
  • Better console/control layout
[/B][/FONT]
16 replies
Sep 25, 2011
146 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
Wow. This is great. Hoping to land one with 28" or higher and at least 350cc for less than $1,000.
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes
Updated with next week deals.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2012
3267 posts
1436 upvotes
OP needs a hobbie, girlfriend or a life. Or he is paid by Sears. Either way it's a sad scene for anybody to put that much effort into a mediocre deal.
If I have answered your question, Hit the Ol' THUMBS UP❗
Jan 17, 2007
188 posts
65 upvotes
Who cares, I say thanks OP for putting the time and effort to look into it. If he's knowledgeable and wants to share with us, all the power to him.
Unless he does work for Sears, in which case he needs to be banned!!
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Answers wrote: OP needs a hobbie, girlfriend or a life. Or he is paid by Sears. Either way it's a sad scene for anybody to put that much effort into a mediocre deal.
I would normally just hand out an infraction and be on my way, but I feel the need to comment on this. People like the OP are the reason this site exists. People spend their time sharing deals with others and without them, this site wouldn't be what it is. When others come into the threads and personally attack those who share deals, it will cause them not to bother in the future. If you don't think it's a good deal, simply move on to something that you feel is a good deal. These types of posts will not be tolerated on this site. If it happens again, you will lose your posting privileges for a very long time.
Mar 5, 2006
835 posts
59 upvotes
Answers wrote: OP needs a hobbie, girlfriend or a life. Or he is paid by Sears. Either way it's a sad scene for anybody to put that much effort into a mediocre deal.
Shouldn't you be under a bridge somewhere? Stupid troll.
Dec 10, 2006
31 posts
17 upvotes
Well thanks to the OP, I bought the 27" 250cc Briggs & Stratton for 999$, and IMO these are pretty good deals (esp the one I bought :) ). Back when he made the post, this info wasn't easy to find (actually I searched to confirm but couldn't), so it helped a lot. To be a good deal, it doesn't have to be cheap, it depends on the quality vs price. I hope the troll won't stop him from posting again in the future...
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
I can feel the butt kick...hehee.
Jul 23, 2005
700 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
how heavy are the snowblowers? wondering if I need to get it delivered... rather than trying to lift everything myself
Mar 26, 2006
433 posts
89 upvotes
hwoarang wrote: how heavy are the snowblowers? wondering if I need to get it delivered... rather than trying to lift everything myself
single stage, around 100lbs, dual stage 185lbs+
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
^^ For someone who did 295 posts only since 2006, you must be in a good mood today responding.

I would have said, "get off your basement..." somezing like that.
Jul 23, 2005
700 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
looks like all the sears sales are over?
Jul 15, 2011
368 posts
451 upvotes
Yup. Deals are expired. I'll start a new thread or add on to this one once I get hold of the next sales.
Dec 10, 2008
231 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
OP, waiting for this years sale. I am looking for a single stage thrower. Please do post if you get the details. TIA.