• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 8:18 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
5646 posts
1552 upvotes

[Sears] YMMV Men's Alpinetek Down Bombers & Parkas $50

The Sears store at the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket ON has a rack of men's Alpinetek down bombers and full length parkas in grey, charcoal and black on clearance at $50 - which is 50% off the lowest marked price of $99. (They are located on the1st floor in the men's wear area).
It may be worth stopping at your local Sears bankruptcy liquidation store to see if there are any.
Though not quite the lowest price these parkas were ever sold at (last year they got down as low as $36 on a one day sale), they are an excellent buy at $50.
This is probably the last chance to pick up a great deal on what one RFD member called "The poor man's Canada Goose" on last year's thread.
They are decent quality and quite warm we purchased several last year at $36 for various family members. I wore one today in line for Boxing Day bargains and I was quite comfortable in -13C cold.

Here's last year's RFD thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sears-al ... 7-2054300/
Last edited by plymouthhater on Dec 26th, 2017 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
131 replies
Sep 17, 2016
155 posts
186 upvotes
Normal brain Sears: "$36!"
Galaxy brain Sears: "Liquidation! Only $50!"

They wouldn't still have these to liquidate if they had actually figured out how to fulfill any of their orders last year.
Sep 6, 2017
315 posts
164 upvotes
plymouthhater wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 8:00 am
The Sears store at the Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket ON has a rack of men's Alpinetek down bombers and full length parkas in grey, charcoal and black on clearance at $50 - which is 50% off the lowest marked price of $99. (They are located on the1st floor in the men's wear area).
It may be worth stopping at your local Sears bankruptcy liquidation store to see if there are any.
Though not quite the lowest price these parkas were ever sold at (last year they got down as low as $36 on a one day sale), they are an excellent buy at $50.
This is probably the last chance to pick up a great deal on what one RFD member called "The poor man's Canada Goose" on last year's thread.
They are decent quality and quite warm we purchased several last year at $36 for various family members. I wore one today in line for Boxing Day bargains and I was quite comfortable in -13C cold.

Here's last year's RFD thread:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sears-al ... 7-2054300/
Searing hot deal at 36, but at 50 I find it warm even for a poor man's canada goose.
Oct 24, 2009
174 posts
152 upvotes
Brighton, Ontario
Picked one of the parkas up last year for $99. Excellent quality. Zippers, buttons top notch. Down filled. Kept me toasty down into the minus 20's last year. If you can find one at $50, grab it.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4026 posts
514 upvotes
Montreal
It's the Best down parka I ever had even though I bought it for 100 2 years ago.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3657 posts
792 upvotes
Charlottetown
i also got one on sale last year, very warm coat, i'd grab one if available but was just through local Sears a few days ago and didn't notice any.
Jul 30, 2013
432 posts
195 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Additional 20% off at Upper Canada, not sure about other locations. Came out to $40 + tax, great deal! Thanks OP.
Tech Arsenal ASUS N56VM | OnePlus 3T | Nikon D5200 | Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7359 posts
899 upvotes
Toronto
Marklxndr wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 8:20 am
Normal brain Sears: "$36!"
Galaxy brain Sears: "Liquidation! Only $50!"

They wouldn't still have these to liquidate if they had actually figured out how to fulfill any of their orders last year.
A quick bus ride on the TTC Finch East toward STC and you'll notice many did actually manage to snag at least one color.;)
Dec 21, 2013
704 posts
365 upvotes
GTA
cristianosham wrote:
Dec 26th, 2017 8:24 am
Searing hot deal at 36, but at 50 I find it warm even for a poor man's canada goose.
The only deal better than this is to fight a bear with your hands and wear its fur.

I have the parka for 2 years now that I bought @$100. Worth every penny.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
2097 posts
960 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the memories. Remember winter jacket shopping at Islington Sears outlet store. 20 years ago :-)
Mar 21, 2010
344 posts
50 upvotes
It's a great jacket for a great price. Due to a Sears website mix-up, they never charged me for mine....one of the reasons why they are going out of business.
Nov 21, 2011
67 posts
44 upvotes
Any idea what kind of sizes are left at Upper Canada Mall?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2332 posts
300 upvotes
Burlington
Nothing in Burlington. There's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).