• Feb 21st, 2014 5:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes

Seasoned seaweed

I have been buying this stuff from a variety of suppliers and now I just can not get enough of it. I add it to all my food; from eggs to salads to fish and even chicken.
Anyone else?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
chinese or korean?
i don't like the sugary chinese stuff. koreans add them to sweet rice crackers sometimes and i do not like that at all.
i like my seaweed sheets salty.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
ippon wrote: chinese or korean?
i don't like the sugary chinese stuff. koreans add them to sweet rice crackers sometimes and i do not like that at all.
i like my seaweed sheets salty.
There's so much variety... not sure what OP is referring to. For the dry roasted seaweed, I'm still working my way through the Costco 10 pack for roughly $8-9.

I like non roasted kind too. Had some recently, PAT (Mississauga) was selling tubs of Miyuk gook for $2.99 last weekend.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
joeyjoejoe wrote: There's so much variety... not sure what OP is referring to. For the dry roasted seaweed, I'm still working my way through the Costco 10 pack for roughly $8-9.

I like non roasted kind too. Had some recently, PAT (Mississauga) was selling tubs of Miyuk gook for $2.99 last weekend.
i presumed he meant, 'nori', because he mentioned 'seasoned'.

OP, are you talking about 'nori' or 'wakake'? or even 'kombu'?
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
I came back from korea with about 2 cases of korean seaweed sheets. I had to pay for an extra suitcase to bring it all with me because they were gifts I didn't want to refuse!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
slowtyper wrote: I came back from korea with about 2 cases of korean seaweed sheets. I had to pay for an extra suitcase to bring it all with me because they were gifts I didn't want to refuse!
the kind wrapped in newspaper is the best.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2007
15169 posts
2743 upvotes
ippon wrote: i presumed he meant, 'nori', because he mentioned 'seasoned'.

OP, are you talking about 'nori' or 'wakake'? or even 'kombu'?

Yes, it was 'nori'. But I am developing a flavour for Wakakle also. Recently purchased several Wakake servings and I love the stuff.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
What's the best option that's available in Toronto supermarkets?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: What's the best option that's available in Toronto supermarkets?
T&T brand.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)