Expired Hot Deals

Second Cup

Second Cup - Chiller Happy Hour - 1-3pm today only (May 11, 2010)

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2010 3:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11152 posts
5539 upvotes
Vaughan

[Second Cup] Second Cup - Chiller Happy Hour - 1-3pm today only (May 11, 2010)

More offers from Second Cup
Saw this on page 31 of today's Metro newspaper:

At Second Cup - today only (May 11, 2010)

Chiller Happy Hour
Any Small Chiller for $2.75 plus taxes
1-3pm only

To see what kind of flavours they have check out their website:
http://www.secondcup.com/eng/iced.php
25 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3142 posts
688 upvotes
Funny thing is, i looked at the menu, and all of the small chiller drinks are $2.75 anyway :P
Aug 24, 2009
164 posts
11 upvotes
Canada
I guess they aren't enjoying Starbucks promotion?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
Jayhoo wrote: Funny thing is, i looked at the menu, and all of the small chiller drinks are $2.75 anyway :P
+1
I was wondering about the same thing... so what's the deal here? Is this the joke of the day? :lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
lol. I would rather go to starbucks today. Venti frap for around $2.63 including tax
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11152 posts
5539 upvotes
Vaughan
Jayhoo wrote: Funny thing is, i looked at the menu, and all of the small chiller drinks are $2.75 anyway :P
Are they really?!?! Damn, this is a cold deal indeed. Booooo to the OP. Oh that's me. :eek:

I'm not a regular at Second Cup, so didn't know. *shrugz*
Feb 27, 2007
28 posts
7 upvotes
I work at a Second Cup. We started this promotion on Sunday. It is not a one-day only deal, it will be around for the whole season. A small drink is regularly $3.75, so it's a fair discount.

That being said, when the promotion started, we also changed our cup sizes. Small/Medium/Large were previously 16/20/24 oz. Corporate says they got a lot of complaints about 16 oz. being too large and there was no child size, so their solution was to eliminate the 20 oz. cup and make a 12 oz. cup, so from 1-3 pm every day you can get any new 12 oz. chiller drink for $2.75 plus tax (I think $2.89 all in).

There's a whole new cold drink menu as well, the fruit chillers are annoyingly popular (our blender has been going non-stop since Sunday).

Whether you think this is a good deal is up to you (I'll leave my opinion out for fairness to my employer), but this is the correct information about the promotion.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11386 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
So a small is 12oz and is usually $3.75, but a little while ago you got 16oz for $3.75 ? And the promotion means that you get 12oz for $2.75, for a few hours a day?

Um, yeah. How nice.

Muckworm wrote: I work at a Second Cup. We started this promotion on Sunday. It is not a one-day only deal, it will be around for the whole season. A small drink is regularly $3.75, so it's a fair discount.

That being said, when the promotion started, we also changed our cup sizes. Small/Medium/Large were previously 16/20/24 oz. Corporate says they got a lot of complaints about 16 oz. being too large and there was no child size, so their solution was to eliminate the 20 oz. cup and make a 12 oz. cup, so from 1-3 pm every day you can get any new 12 oz. chiller drink for $2.75 plus tax (I think $2.89 all in).

There's a whole new cold drink menu as well, the fruit chillers are annoyingly popular (our blender has been going non-stop since Sunday).

Whether you think this is a good deal is up to you (I'll leave my opinion out for fairness to my employer), but this is the correct information about the promotion.
Oct 22, 2006
442 posts
28 upvotes
Gloucester
I saw this in yesterday's Metro newspaper as well - "Today Only" :!:

Not according to Muckworm - it will be all season, great for the credibility points.
Apr 16, 2007
267 posts
2 upvotes
uhhh.... Even if it was free, its just too damn cold to drink this.....

on a side note...... when is second cup bringing back the damn fruizzis?????
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2005
2288 posts
316 upvotes
I guess they are doing their part to compete with Starbucks... but aren't the Starbucks ones a lot better?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1184 posts
54 upvotes
Tried the Green Tea Chiller yesterday, absoluted HATED it. Didn't really have any flavour to it. Very miniscule flavour plus TONS of ice. Left it sitting on my desk, took 5 hours are so before it all melted. That's some slow melting ice.

Would've have prefered a timmies ice cap over it, plus it would've been cheaper.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10527 posts
647 upvotes
Mississauga
I think this is on all week.

Because I saw it in one of Monday's newspapers (either 24 or metro) and it said "today 1-3" as well, which would make that yesterday 1-3. It's competing against Starbuck's Happy hour 3-5.
Jun 1, 2002
567 posts
90 upvotes
I'm all for smaller portion sizes (drinks like Chillers are just empty calories anyway) but it does sound a little disingenuous (on Second Cup's part) to advertise a "lower price" without making it clear that the size of the drink has also been reduced by 4 oz.

Anyway, Muckworm, thanks for the inside info. Can't picture myself going for this deal at any rate.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
HowEver wrote: So a small is 12oz and is usually $3.75, but a little while ago you got 16oz for $3.75 ? And the promotion means that you get 12oz for $2.75, for a few hours a day?

Um, yeah. How nice.
Great info! This just gave SC another definition, where it's NOT the drinks that's good where you gonna have a second, BUT it's the way the pricing are which makes it only good for SECOND choice(maybe not even)! :lol:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
11152 posts
5539 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks for the clarification Muckworm. With respect to the "Today only", I was just quoting it like I saw it on the ad in the Metro, which others have confirmed was in there yesterday as well. *shrugz*

Anyways, I also went into a Second Cup to check the price and it is $3.75 normally, unlike what Jayhoo noted earlier, and checks with what Muckworm has informed us of.
Aug 1, 2006
503 posts
52 upvotes
go pay $2.89 and try the new mango chiller or their regular frozen hot choc.
u will not regret it.
other than those 2, go to SB or timmys.
Full-Time Full Service Realtor - GTA West
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
For some reason, this makes me think of Zellers (2nd cup) going up against Walmart (Starbucks). And we all know that Zellers Losses every time.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10527 posts
647 upvotes
Mississauga
charoo wrote: I saw this in yesterday's Metro newspaper as well - "Today Only" :!:

Not according to Muckworm - it will be all season, great for the credibility points.
You mind is playing tricks on you. It says "Today", not "Today only". Your mind inserts the word "only" automatically. Perhaps intentional on their part, but perhaps not. When I read the ad I too thought "Today only" but then read it again looking for the words "only" and realized there was none. So assumed for at least as long as Starbucks is having their happy hour sale.

[IMG]http://dmdsoftware.net/todayonly.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4306 posts
424 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
rchun044 wrote: uhhh.... Even if it was free, its just too damn cold to drink this.....
It's never too cold for a hot deal.