[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2718 posts
3454 upvotes
Toronto

[Second Cup] Second Cup launches online ordering w/25% discount offer

More offers from Second Cup
Coffees, teas, gifts, etc. Use "beans25" to get 25% off. Note the shipping charges will have a big impact on whether or not this is worth it. I faux-ordered 2 pounds of coffee beans and delivery to Toronto was $7.70 - almost 25% of the $35 price of the beans. Then I added a gift set selling for about $45 and shipping went up only $2, so I'd have netted about $10 after the $20 discount. See it here: http://www.secondcup.com/shop
16 replies
Dec 8, 2002
330 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm surprised their launching an online store with such a limited selection. And being out West, shipping kills the deal -- $14 shipping on a $20 hot chocolate gift set. :(

It's not a bad deal for those out East who love Second Cup, but beyond that.....
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20173 posts
8226 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
"Exclusive to Second Cup our Certified Organic and Fair Trade Cuzco™ coffee from Peru is beautifully packages with a 16 oz Silverado stainless steel oackaged with travel tumbler. with handle. "

Wow at the professionalism displayed here.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2007
3668 posts
807 upvotes
Can it be used to buy the cafe card? If so, it will be cheap for postage.
Aug 29, 2007
666 posts
233 upvotes
Montreal
binaryjay wrote: "exclusive to second cup our certified organic and fair trade cuzco™ coffee from peru is beautifully packages with a 16 oz silverado stainless steel oackaged with travel tumbler. With handle. "

wow at the professionalism displayed here.

l o l
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9102 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: "Exclusive to Second Cup our Certified Organic and Fair Trade Cuzco™ coffee from Peru is beautifully packages with a 16 oz Silverado stainless steel oackaged with travel tumbler. with handle. "

Wow at the professionalism displayed here.
Brettimus wrote: l o l

lol

here's the link

I love the extra period right before 'with handle.'
Koodo Mobile | $30 20gb plan

what's your plan?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20173 posts
8226 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
warlandsboy wrote: LMAO~! That's pretty noobish, looks like someone's outsourced their website... :facepalm:

Outsourced the web site to a typical poster on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9823 posts
1299 upvotes
GTA
Am I the only one that thought they launched an online site for ordering brewed coffee online. Like "order you cafe late on your smartphone and come and pick it up in 2 minutes"....

Now, THAT would be interesting... It would interested to see if people would use it. I could see people leaving from their office, hitting a button on their smartphone which auto-orders their favourite drink and processes a payment, and then the drink is ready for them to pick up.....
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
1667 posts
385 upvotes
Oakville
The deal I found on Reunion Island Coffee's website is better IMO. Free shipping on orders over $19 and 15% off your order (total has to be $19 after 15% discount) Use coupon codes "shoppingcart" and "coffee15".
Banned
Aug 9, 2004
475 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton
YLSF wrote: Am I the only one that thought they launched an online site for ordering brewed coffee online. Like "order you cafe late on your smartphone and come and pick it up in 2 minutes"....

Now, THAT would be interesting... It would interested to see if people would use it. I could see people leaving from their office, hitting a button on their smartphone which auto-orders their favourite drink and processes a payment, and then the drink is ready for them to pick up.....

Exactly what I thought you meant. That would be epic..
300 d/t | 6pm Eve/Wknd | 100 LD | VISUAL Voicemail | WhoCalled | Call Display | 2500 Txt | Unlim. Incoming | 6GB Data = 35.50$
Wins:

2010 - Pentax Digital Camera, Matrix & Supply Diamond Headphones, $10 iTunes Gift Card, 2x 4 Passes to Movie Priemere, RFD Back2School Day 2 Bucket of Crap, Kick-Ass Blu Ray, $50 Visa
“If you sit on, sleep on, stare at, or touch something for more than an hour a day, spend whatever it takes to get the best.”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9102 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
trevorb wrote: Exactly what I thought you meant. That would be epic..

+1

what's your plan?
Dec 8, 2002
972 posts
219 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Am I the only one that thought they launched an online site for ordering brewed coffee online. Like "order you cafe late on your smartphone and come and pick it up in 2 minutes"....

trevorb wrote: Exactly what I thought you meant. That would be epic..
CHINAdeals wrote: +1

+1

I work for a company that's implementing a service that will do this and thought that Second Cup was doing it on their own all of sudden! lol
Apr 16, 2007
828 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Leave it to RFDers to take discussion of a hot deal and turn it into a b*tch-fest tearing a company to shreds.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2010
2021 posts
15 upvotes
thanks for the post... i love my coffee :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
9102 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto
mark2000 wrote: Leave it to RFDers to take discussion of a hot deal and turn it into a b*tch-fest tearing a company to shreds.

Sorry oh mighty thread monitor, let's stay on topic here and have no fun at all.

And back to the deal...

what's your plan?
Apr 16, 2007
828 posts
164 upvotes
Toronto
Someone should start a sticky in the anything goes discussion forum... "RFD's b*tchiest threads of all-time". Like seriously. Once someone starts railing against a deal, it just spins out of control!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
I though they were starting a delivery services online... I would like to order 2 double double, 1 black...etc and the locations is DT TO, and yes I'm too lazy to get out of my office chair to get coffee! :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)