• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 1:57 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2009
134 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg

Secret Lab Black Friday Sale

Deal Link:
Secret Labs is having their Black Friday Sale this week.

Decent discounts on all their 2020 line up

I bought 2 Omega Chairs last week, and they both dropped $80 in price.

Secret labs was friendly enough to do a quick price adjustment.

Check them out
Last edited by wcheng on Nov 23rd, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 replies
Newbie
Dec 20, 2012
16 posts
70 upvotes
Milton
I just received my chair last week, picked it specifically because I'm quite tall and the Titan model is well reviewed for tall people. So far so good!

Hoping they'll make things right on the price for me as well. I specifically asked them before ordering if there would be a BF sale I should wait for and they said no. I suspect they'll refund the difference.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1570 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, just received my Titan Black3 on Friday. Will contact SecretLab for a price adjustment. Didn’t think it would go on sale since it was a preorder item.
Newbie
Mar 6, 2011
78 posts
26 upvotes
Are these chairs that good to justify the price tag?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2009
134 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
rrafig wrote: Are these chairs that good to justify the price tag?
I heard they are, therefore I bought 2.

I'm upgrading my current primecable ones these some fabric Omegas
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1570 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
rrafig wrote: Are these chairs that good to justify the price tag?
I use a Steelcase Leap v2 at the office, have the DPS 3D from Costco, previously had some random no-name Hyken-esque chair and just got the SecretLab Titan set-up over the weekend.

I will say that the SecretLab is ALOT firmer than the rest of them. I think they could've used softer foam in the backrest, but I actually like the firm foam in the seat and find that it actually softens the longer that you sit in it. 4D armrests are pretty close but still aren't quite the level that the Leap has. Titan is also more for tall people, I'm 5'9" and had to get a footrest even with the chair at its minimum height since I couldn't get my feet flat on the ground. I actually liked the DPS 3D from Costco, my only problem with it was that it's more of a 1-2 hour gaming session chair, not a WFH or long gaming session chair.
For me it was between getting a used Steelcase Leap or a new Titan for very similar pricing. I've found that the Leaps tend to mould to your butt after a couple of years and I didn't want to dig through dozens of chairs in a warehouse so I opted for the Titan instead.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jun 19, 2009
134 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks for the quick review. I heard the Secretlab foams are a bit on the firmer side at first. But it will get a bit softer with use.
Jr. Member
Oct 6, 2020
149 posts
144 upvotes
Man...if only there was an option to remove the tacky logos
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1570 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
wcheng wrote: Thanks for the quick review. I heard the Secretlab foams are a bit on the firmer side at first. But it will get a bit softer with use.
NP! IMO I would skip the Omega series purely because it comes with no lumbar support apart from a pillow, whereas the Titan comes with integrated lumbar support.
HotDeals20 wrote: Man...if only there was an option to remove the tacky logos
That's why I got the Black3 Softweave, the logos are basically invisible.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 12, 2006
772 posts
313 upvotes
This promotion makes no sense - back when COVID lockdowns started in April, I ordered the Secret Lab Titan Darkknight edition for $559.00 CAD because I needed a better chair for WFH.

They said it would take almost 2 months to ship so I cancelled my order. I just looked at the site and the same chair is $549.00 CAD.

Not a Black Friday deal at all - just cheap marking tricks from what I can see.
Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2015
456 posts
288 upvotes
North York, ON
desolatioN wrote: This promotion makes no sense - back when COVID lockdowns started in April, I ordered the Secret Lab Titan Darkknight edition for $559.00 CAD because I needed a better chair for WFH.

They said it would take almost 2 months to ship so I cancelled my order. I just looked at the site and the same chair is $549.00 CAD.

Not a Black Friday deal at all - just cheap marking tricks from what I can see.
Their price has increased a bit Since pandemic.

I asked them. Since My titan 2.5years ago was just 499

Now it is 600+

The respond i got was

“ We have tried to keep the reduced prices of our chairs for as long as possible. However, due to the recent global supply shortage coupled with the demand outpacing supply, our chairs are now less discounted than before.”

But other than the price increase, their chair is indeed quite good.

Still strong as day1 for my titan, so i ordered another omega for my wife.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1331 posts
1685 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I was debating going Secret Labs (been looking at Autonomous, and even Steelcase despite the $$$) but man I can't stand all that gaudy branding.

Fabric doesn't look too bad though as it almost blends in and is similar colours.
kevinc999 wrote: $400 for a chair. Wow!
Sky's the limit with ergo office stuff...take a look and see what Herman Miller and Steelcase are asking, shit is wild. Never used a Steelcase, but all our chairs in the office (haven't been since last March, so maybe someone swiped them all lol) are Aeron and Embodys...for 3000+ employees...just an obscene amount of money spent on just the chairs! And don't get me started on the dividers!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2601 posts
2442 upvotes
Being honestly here.. it is very hard to seek 'true' feedback of users for this chair. Their marketing gimmick basically gets everyone to post photo/positive review of their chair. I don't entirely know what to trust out there in regards to this brand.

But chairs are one of those personal items, if you get an opportunity to try it yourself, it will be easier to get a chair that suits you. Going by glowing reviews, etc, it is really hard to find a good chair except by trial/error.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 20, 2009
3698 posts
118 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: Being honestly here.. it is very hard to seek 'true' feedback of users for this chair. Their marketing gimmick basically gets everyone to post photo/positive review of their chair. I don't entirely know what to trust out there in regards to this brand.

But chairs are one of those personal items, if you get an opportunity to try it yourself, it will be easier to get a chair that suits you. Going by glowing reviews, etc, it is really hard to find a good chair except by trial/error.
ive had my titan for 2 years, its still as firm as the day i got it. if you like a firm chair, i recommend. if you want to sink into a plush chair, bad choice here.
Newbie
Aug 30, 2016
40 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
How long before these chairs show signs of wear e.g. deteriorating fabric?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2007
1436 posts
1277 upvotes
I was hoping to get one of these but sadly the XL isn't on sale
Member
Jan 2, 2019
362 posts
53 upvotes
I've heard the seat cushion on these chairs are firm. Is that true?

I prefer a soft cushion.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)