• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 1:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
7385 posts
822 upvotes
michaelthebear wrote: How are these compared to a refurbished herman miller for the same price?
I have a refurb Herman Miller Aeron, they're supposed to be the best office chairs for sitting comfortably for long periods of time, hands down...but when I was buying, Secret Labs was the other one I was eyeing up.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
Apr 16, 2008
605 posts
61 upvotes
Etobicoke
Cannot recommend these chairs enough. I'm 6'3" and have the Titan, great fit! Also have the SoftWeave fabric which has been great for long periods of sitting - can't speak to either of the leathers, but I'm sure they're great too.

It almost feels like sitting in a car seat to me. A really comfortable one...
Jun 17, 2010
75 posts
53 upvotes
Barrie, ON
renegadeavenger wrote: Being honestly here.. it is very hard to seek 'true' feedback of users for this chair. Their marketing gimmick basically gets everyone to post photo/positive review of their chair. I don't entirely know what to trust out there in regards to this brand.

But chairs are one of those personal items, if you get an opportunity to try it yourself, it will be easier to get a chair that suits you. Going by glowing reviews, etc, it is really hard to find a good chair except by trial/error.
I don't think its that bad, they ask you to post a picture of the chair but you don't have to give it a positive review. Its only to get the chair out there for others to see as that is their only way of advertising it.
i have one, I work from home so i sit in it for 8 hours or more a day since covid. I would have to say with the amount of use i am getting from it it was worth the money, i didn't want to get a cheap chair if i was going to use it this much a day. Before I was getting sore aches in the backside and middle back, it has made a difference.
Word of warning though, like someone else posted, it took about 2 months to ship the chair, so you do have a waiting period to get the one you want.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3911 posts
479 upvotes
Pickering, ON
How is lumbar support on these? Adjustable?
[OP]
Jun 19, 2009
134 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
BD006 wrote: How is lumbar support on these? Adjustable?
Omega chairs don't have adjustable lumbar, but the bigger Titan and TitanXL will have adjustable lumbar support
Dec 22, 2008
99 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
kevinc999 wrote: $400 for a chair. Wow!
i want to see your reaction on Herman Millers than. 2000 CAD :D
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1570 posts
577 upvotes
Calgary
BD006 wrote: How is lumbar support on these? Adjustable?
Like OP said, adjustable on the Titan line. Be warned that there's no up/down adjustment though.
Personally I ruled out the Omega line purely because it only had a pillow for lumbar support which I don't consider adequate.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2601 posts
2442 upvotes
blind56 wrote: Like OP said, adjustable on the Titan line. Be warned that there's no up/down adjustment though.
Personally I ruled out the Omega line purely because it only had a pillow for lumbar support which I don't consider adequate.
on the other side, the titan chair is sort of designed for tall people.. I read some comments that are 5,9 in height needed a foot rest to comfortable rest their legs.

Really hard to buy a chair sometimes, and I wouldn't really say that a 'cheap chair' in dollar terms is not comfortable versus like a herman miller chair at 1k. I had also read some people that spent 1k+ on miller chairs that actually find them too hard and uncomfortable. some people buy the ikea chair, or the costco Tempurpedic chair and find it very good.

Definitely hard to judge without physically sitting on one. But if chair can be returned or what not, I guess during this pandemic our only choice is trial/error but go through hassle of returning.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13689 posts
8699 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Chair is comfy, I got $70 bucks off. Don't ask me how.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 24, 2020
26 posts
47 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Chair is comfy, I got $70 bucks off. Please ask me how.
Sorry I just had this little question--- how did you get $70 off?
Mar 6, 2011
78 posts
26 upvotes
deveritt wrote: Cannot recommend these chairs enough. I'm 6'3" and have the Titan, great fit! Also have the SoftWeave fabric which has been great for long periods of sitting - can't speak to either of the leathers, but I'm sure they're great too.

It almost feels like sitting in a car seat to me. A really comfortable one...
How tall/big are you? I read a few reviews saying the seat cushion is so firm it hurts the "butt" muscle, sciatica and lower back.
Apr 16, 2008
605 posts
61 upvotes
Etobicoke
rrafig wrote: How tall/big are you? I read a few reviews saying the seat cushion is so firm it hurts the "butt" muscle, sciatica and lower back.
6'3" 190 lbs
It is definitely firm, but in a positive way (at least for me).
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2269 posts
1409 upvotes
I’ve had my charcoal blue Titan since the end of July.

I really like it. It is a firm but supportive chair. I’m happy with my purchase and I would recommend it to anyone who has to sit in it for many hours (I’m using mine in my home office and I work about 9-10 hours a day).
Nov 23, 2010
380 posts
183 upvotes
Montreal
wcheng wrote: Secret Labs is having their Black Friday Sale this week.

Decent discounts on all their 2020 line up

I bought 2 Omega Chairs last week, and they both dropped $80 in price.

Secret labs was friendly enough to do a quick price adjustment.

Check them out

Got mine and it's AWSOME! Probably one of the best investments during COVID-19
Dec 1, 2013
61 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Took the plunge and getting the Omega cloth in black.

Hope it's better than the $40 pleather chair I've been using these past 8 months.
Nov 27, 2008
186 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
Bought one the other day cause my work is paying for it. Got the Titan fabric version, would've got a pleather one but it's just be pissed if it started flaking in a year. Was supposed to get it today by FedEx but it changed from delivery by 8pm to schedule delivery :pending. .

Same thing with a tablet from Microsoft.
Dec 1, 2013
61 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Greign wrote: Bought one the other day cause my work is paying for it. Got the Titan fabric version, would've got a pleather one but it's just be pissed if it started flaking in a year. Was supposed to get it today by FedEx but it changed from delivery by 8pm to schedule delivery :pending. .

Same thing with a tablet from Microsoft.
Curious, when did you place the order, get the shipping notification, and expected delivery?

Emails are going out that shipping is delayed and my buddy told me he got his in 3 weeks after ordering.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
9167 posts
3993 upvotes
Toronto
j_lainis71449 wrote: Sorry I just had this little question--- how did you get $70 off?
ya i want to know also

it's either this or an autonomous one for me