• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 1:57 pm
Feb 18, 2018
650 posts
785 upvotes
desolatioN wrote: This promotion makes no sense - back when COVID lockdowns started in April, I ordered the Secret Lab Titan Darkknight edition for $559.00 CAD because I needed a better chair for WFH.

They said it would take almost 2 months to ship so I cancelled my order. I just looked at the site and the same chair is $549.00 CAD.

Not a Black Friday deal at all - just cheap marking tricks from what I can see.
Oct 1st they bumped up there prices https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretLabChair ... ase_today/ was about to order one back then but bailed when it went up in price
Sep 5, 2010
815 posts
219 upvotes

$1000 my ass. I sit on these chairs at work. Overrated af. I have a secret labs at home and give me that anyday. Manz trying to drop mad loot on chairs 50 other people farted on
Last edited by MrDisco on Nov 28th, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thread cleanup
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49433 posts
5849 upvotes
Toronto
sony17 wrote: $1000 my ass. I sit on these chairs at work. Overrated af. I have a secret labs at home and give me that anyday. Manz trying to drop mad loot on chairs 50 other people farted on
I looked up "secret labs chair reddit" on google and it didn't look too pretty. Different strokes for different folks, if it feels good for you then that's all that matters but when you can get 5 years extended warranty for posting a picture on social media and submitting proof to them makes me chuckle. All these gaming chairs don't have ergonomic support unless you're okay with that and they're all made in China. For almost $550 to $600 i'd expect some kind of ergonomic design (pillows on the chair don't count as ergonomic design), my DX Racer was about $450 taxes included tops so not as bad. The big boy chairs run you $700 before taxes.

Common issue i see is that the chair is very firm, plywood like.. If you're a heavier dude that can break through the firm padding then that probably makes sense.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3571 posts
3576 upvotes
Alberta
I'm pretty happy with my black PU Noblechairs Hero with matching footrest. Still looks like new after two years. The footrest is why I decided to go with Noblechairs over Secret Lab. Both are nice, my friend has the Titan.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49433 posts
5849 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: I'm pretty happy with my black PU Noblechairs Hero with matching footrest. Still looks like new after two years. The footrest is why I decided to go with Noblechairs over Secret Lab. Both are nice, my friend has the Titan.
It's actually crazy how many companies there are for these bucket seat chairs now. I remember DXRacer was the OG and exclusive now we have so many different kinds lol. DXRacer, AKRacing, Noblechairs, Secret Labs, Vertagear, Arozzi, Razer Iskur to name a few..
Dec 21, 2007
756 posts
219 upvotes
Scarborough
Jimboski wrote: It's actually crazy how many companies there are for these bucket seat chairs now. I remember DXRacer was the OG and exclusive now we have so many different kinds lol. DXRacer, AKRacing, Noblechairs, Secret Labs, Vertagear, Arozzi, Razer Iskur to name a few..
The Hero isn't really a bucket....it's more like the SecretLabs Titan than the Omega, so the bottom is flat. The Hero and Titan also have both pillows and a lumbar dial to adjust the chair itself.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Jan 9, 2010
66 posts
26 upvotes
When does Secret Labs charge your credit card on a preorder chair expected to ship in January? At time of order (now) or time of shipment (later)?

I couldn’t find any details on their website so appreciate anyone’s feedback on this. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1560 posts
567 upvotes
Calgary
wheel n deal wrote: When does Secret Labs charge your credit card on a preorder chair expected to ship in January? At time of order (now) or time of shipment (later)?

I couldn’t find any details on their website so appreciate anyone’s feedback on this. Thanks!
According to my CC statement, they charged me right when I placed the order. I mentioned it up thread but in my experience their preorder dates are kind of worst case scenarios, there’s a few people here including myself that have gotten their chairs before the date on the website.
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
181 posts
124 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I can't believe how expensive these chairs are. I'm sitting on an old wooden chair and I have no complaints. These "gaming chairs" are such a fad. I sit on a Herman Miller at work and it's no more comfortable than this wooden chair, although the casters and ability to rock back are nice to have.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1436 posts
1277 upvotes
Finally pulled the trigger on the XL. Signed up for the paypal return thing so that they cover 30 if I dont like it.

Also got 25 dollars off, which was nice
Jan 28, 2008
325 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
be aware, when you return their chair, you need to pay for the return shipping. They won't pay for it, if you have a size problem or change your mind.
And the return shipping will cost you more than $100. I am 5'7 and Titan was too big for me.
BTW the chair itself is very nice and sturdy.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2010
1340 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
Delivery date said Dec 15th. Chair arrived yesterday.
Very easy to assemble.

I got the omega, and I do have to say not a fan of a pillow being a lumbar support. But still all in all it's a comfy chair. Better than my old one from Staples for sure
I love Witcher 3!!
Jul 27, 2014
579 posts
390 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ccomkim wrote: be aware, when you return their chair, you need to pay for the return shipping. They won't pay for it, if you have a size problem or change your mind.
And the return shipping will cost you more than $100. I am 5'7 and Titan was too big for me.
BTW the chair itself is very nice and sturdy.
Should have used their sizing guide. Pretty obvious you should have gone for the Omega
secretlabbb.png
Mar 26, 2012
52 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
I got an Andaseat Dark Knight chair for 399$ at visions (the guy threw in a double din head unit floor model and a bunch of random clearance crap, the headunit is good and installed it in my inlaws car and he loves it) and overall I am satisfied with the chair. I wanted the Cyberpunk chair, but it didn't come out until just after I got my current seat and I couldn't be bothered to disassemble and try to return it. The leather on this chair feels great, apparently it's the same leather in BMW but I don't drive one so no way for me to tell if that's true.
Aug 2, 2014
33 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Omega, Titan, Titan XL, are all the chairs the same other the the model and the logo decoration?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1436 posts
1277 upvotes
604danny wrote: Omega, Titan, Titan XL, are all the chairs the same other the the model and the logo decoration?
No
Oct 11, 2018
7 posts
5 upvotes
the titan is the only chair that is fabric for tall and slim people? all others chairs i've seen are tall & big and PU
i don't have money now but need a good chair! 6'4 190lbs and crappy back
Dec 6, 2012
152 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
illogique wrote: the titan is the only chair that is fabric for tall and slim people? all others chairs i've seen are tall & big and PU
i don't have money now but need a good chair! 6'4 190lbs and crappy back
noblechairs is coming with HERO ST ANTHRACITE Fabric Limited Edition on December 4. You just missed the sale for $419.99 that ended today.
More here: noblechairs Hero ST Gaming Chair - Fabric - Limited Edition - Anthracite - $419.99
It's basically the same chair as Secretlab Titan.

There is also Corsair CF-9010030-WW T3 RUSH Gaming Chair that has fabric cover and it is currently at sale on Newegg for $359.99
Last edited by torwizard on Dec 1st, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.