Home & Garden

Securing pegboard between two shelving units?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 3:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10949 posts
1111 upvotes
Squamish

Securing pegboard between two shelving units?

Building out some shelving in my garage, and I want to make it at least somewhat modular/easy to access behind.

I have my first shelving unit, and between that and the other, I want to put up my pegboard. It will be against the wall, but not anchored to the wall (anchored between the two shelves instead).

The pegboard+frame is already assembled. The "easiest" I can think of is to pull everything out from the wall a bit, get behind the pegboard, and screw the pegboard frame to my 2x4 vertical supports of shelf on each side. Is there an alternative?

I was thinking of some sort of "eye and hook" type of fastener, whereas maybe the slots are on each 2x4 then the pegboard frame can just drop in to the space? I saw something to what I was thinking like these connecting brackets, but I have no clue what they're even called/what is the "Style of fastening":
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_b1FS0cvwRo/maxresdefault.jpg

Is that a good solution? Is there a better one? Open to suggestions :)

(The units will have some 2x4 spanning across the units, so they will be "attached" but these will be easy to access+remove, separate, etc. The main reason I don't want the 3 attached together is because it will just be so unwieldy to manage as I still plan to poly coat it, may need to move things for cleaning, etc... the 3-piece unit all as a single thing would be borderline impossible for me to manage)
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4616 posts
1624 upvotes
Gorilla Glue
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9686 posts
5061 upvotes
Paris
Cut a french cleat, attach to both shelving units, hang pegboard on that
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10949 posts
1111 upvotes
Squamish
Jerico wrote: Cut a french cleat, attach to both shelving units, hang pegboard on that
Hmm, I suppose that could actually work quite well! That still makes the whole pegboard removeable, and removing a single french cleat between the two units sure is easy

Hmm! Thanks :)