• May 16th, 2021 1:53 am
[OP]
Jul 17, 2017
43 posts
2 upvotes
BC, Canada

Seeking advice on working from FT->PT->retirement

Hi,

I am looking for advices/sharing of your experiences towards retirement planning.
At 50+ and working in a managerial role in the manufacturing industry for 20+ years, I am beginning to think/plan towards retirement.
I do not mind exiting the industry and move towards a part time role but like to hear successful stories of others and their "second career" choices.
I am already settled with having a family and kids, we are stable financially but probably still need some level of income for the next 3-5 years before declaring F.I. (financially independent)

Appreciate any feedback.
2 replies
Aug 25, 2006
451 posts
40 upvotes
It's hard to find corporate part time jobs, would you consider doing contractor roles that short term, so give you the breaks and burst of income?
[OP]
Jul 17, 2017
43 posts
2 upvotes
BC, Canada
Thanks for the comment Pai.

I am not expecting to go back to the corporate world, but something lighter that I can transfer my skill in manufacturing operations/engineering with less stress and hopefully only part time commitment. One possible option could be tutoring/teaching as I have some experience mentoring/helping kids with their learning but I never pursued a formal teaching degree/certificate. Just wonder whether anyone has gone through such a path and can offer some advices.