Seeking Computer Repair Shop to replace Samsung laptop keyboard

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 4:07 pm
Nov 10, 2014
172 posts
94 upvotes
Windsor, ON

Seeking Computer Repair Shop to replace Samsung laptop keyboard

I bought a replacement keyboard for my Samsung laptop, but the computer repair places I called so far do not work on Samsung laptops. Does anyone know of a good computer store near GTA that will assist me. It's very difficult to replace this keyboard apparently. SAMSUNG 300E5A model
Last edited by truepatriotlove on Nov 30th, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
What model is the laptop?
truepatriotlove wrote: I bought a replacement keyboard for my Samsung laptop, but the computer repair places I called so far do not work on Samsung laptops. Does anyone know of a good computer store near GTA that will assist me. It's very difficult to replace this keyboard apparently.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
2356 posts
1558 upvotes
Toronto
Here's an iFixit guide on this:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Se ... ent/121594
It doesn't look so bad.
Take your time, lay out the screws so you can track where they came from.
Follow the instructions in reverse to put it back together.

Be careful with ribbon cables. It's very easy to have a cable slip out just enough, when closing the lock, that it's not making contact.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
Riffer wrote: Just looked at a youtube video. That's nasty:

I think i'll stick with thinkpads :)
I was about to say. GG that's a whole teardown just to lift the keyboard out. Even an old HP laptop I fixed up had a fairly simple process to get the keyboard out, though did involve messing with the bezel which was clipped in. Touchpad was a PITA! I forgot to plug in the touchpad ribbon cable after I had put everything back together again, raged hard and 2 almost 2 hours of my life gone right there.

Meanwhile on Thinkpad T430... 2 screws on the bottom, push keyboard back towards screen, lift it out, pull ribbon cable out. Plug new one in, slide it forward, put 2 screws in. Done.
The new T14/p14 are a little more involved, need to take off the bottom cover and the two trackpoint buttons.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)