• Dec 25th, 2017 7:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 24, 2017
109 posts
16 upvotes

It seems e-ink readers aren't affected by Black Friday very much

Only the baseline versions seem to have sales during this time, but anything better than that haven't changed price for a while now. Are the baseline models really worth getting with just 6 inch screens? I have never used an e-ink reader before, always used tablets to read stuff, but it just doesn't feel good reading things for long period of time with tablets.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8043 posts
2017 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
I used to use an iPad or iPad Mini to read Kindle books, but I found it impractical (impossible) in the sunlight.

I’m happy I bought a Kindle Paperwhite.

I was hoping the new (‘way too expensive) waterproof Kindle would have gone on sale this weekend, but I’m not surprised that it didn't.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Apr 18, 2017
348 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
Kobos rarely go on sale. Aura H20 Was on sale for 1 day from $159 ($199) usually. Kobo Aura now at $99

Was really hoping for the Aura One to go on sale :( Hopefully they have something for Boxing Day
Penalty Box
Jan 6, 2017
158 posts
340 upvotes
This isn't new, Kobos never go on sale. Only way to get a discount is when Staples or Bestbuy has Visacheckout or Masterpass promo, or Staples coupon that works on e-readers (rare). If you need an e-reader, pay full price or be prepared to wait for a long time (only to get a small discount).
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13259 posts
4355 upvotes
Ottawa
yes, it doesn't seem like the readers go on good advertised sales. I bought our Aura One with a 20% off sitewide coupon making it $200 from Chapters/Indigo, and that price is better than any "sale" they've had before.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)