• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 10:42 am
[OP]
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
169 upvotes

Seiko 5 SNK789 Automatic Watch - $66 - White/Black/Blue

Last edited by LeReRe on Nov 19th, 2017 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Watch Enthusiast
36 replies
Nov 12, 2015
521 posts
649 upvotes
I would have considered if it came with a leather strap.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
7341 posts
928 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Highly doubt it's leather at that price lol, PU perhaps, even genuine leather is reconstituted leather
[OP]
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
169 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 11:24 am
Highly doubt it's leather at that price lol, PU perhaps, even genuine leather is reconstituted leather
Sometimes don't be surprised that you get what you pay for. Some of the listings even state that it is PU leather so there is no reason to be surprised. But for $1 shipped halfway around the world I will accept it, these eBay straps aren't much different than the low priced straps you pay $10 for at a department store. So I say cut out the middleman and buy them directly from the source by eBay.
Watch Enthusiast
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
7341 posts
928 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I will spend a wee bit more for top grain or even full grain leather strap if buying on ebay Smiling Face With Sunglasses
[OP]
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
169 upvotes
DRC wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 6:54 pm
Solid watch for the price. It is a 36mm which is considered on the small side these days.

http://www.watchsleuth.com/seiko5finder ... MOD=SNK789
This big watch trend just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. Soon people will be wearing clocks on their wrists. I much prefer the 36mm size, it is proportional to the wrist and looks good and that was how it was in the near past.
Watch Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2009
769 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto and points e…
LeReRe wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 7:19 pm
This big watch trend just keeps on getting bigger and bigger. Soon people will be wearing clocks on their wrists. I much prefer the 36mm size, it is proportional to the wrist and looks good and that was how it was in the near past.
I agree however wrist sizes vary and what is proportional to you may look like a child's watch on someone else.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
169 upvotes
DRC wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 7:26 pm
I agree however wrist sizes vary and what is proportional to you may look like a child's watch on someone else.
In my opinion you are overreacting, for example here is a "small" vintage Rolex on an average sized wrist and it looks excellent. My advice is don't let a slighter "smaller" size than what is trendy today (and even note that large watches might not even be trendy tomorrow) prevent you from buying a watch if you like how it looks.

Watch Enthusiast
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
8131 posts
1301 upvotes
Can you adjust these or do you need as jeweler?
[OP]
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
84 posts
169 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2017 7:36 pm
Can you adjust these or do you need as jeweler?
Usually for entry level watches the metal bracelet links are held together by friction pins. All you need a push pin, you run it along the concrete ground to blunt the tip and use that end to push out the pins in the metal bracelet joint and remove the links as needed to size for your wrist. There should be instructions on how to shorten the bracelet, they come with the watch.
Watch Enthusiast

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)