Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1099 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto

Self serve printing stations

Hi there, does anyone know of any places that have self serve printing stations currently open? Does Walmart or even Shoppers have these?

Somewhere that you can plug in a usb drive and print in various sizes off it. I need to print a good few passport photos, and I know Shoppers will take your photo but it's only for a couple and quite expensive.
2 replies
Apr 10, 2020
258 posts
982 upvotes
EananC641158 wrote: Hi there, does anyone know of any places that have self serve printing stations currently open? Does Walmart or even Shoppers have these?

Somewhere that you can plug in a usb drive and print in various sizes off it. I need to print a good few passport photos, and I know Shoppers will take your photo but it's only for a couple and quite expensive.
Are you actually looking to get official passport photos or are you only looking for prints? I highly doubt you'll be able to find many places offering passport photo services. At this point, you can check out Shoppers Drug Mart to see if they can still do it. It's unlikely that the Walmart Photo Centre is open. Even the ones at Costco are closed.

If you are looking for the latter, Costco Photo Centre is still available. You can upload your photos to the site and they will send the prints to you in 2 weeks. https://www.costcophotocentre.ca/Home
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15037 posts
12135 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
EananC641158 wrote: Hi there, does anyone know of any places that have self serve printing stations currently open? Does Walmart or even Shoppers have these?

Gonna be tough to find any places with self serve equipment still out / exposed to Customers

As for SDM Passport Photos ... as I recall it’s under $ 20
And their photos are GUARANTEED to meet Passport Canada Requirements

Requirements that are very strict / rigid
So much so that most places that now take Passport Photos
Have an onscreen template they use to make sure the person photographed image FITS within the parameters / outline

The days of DIY are pretty much over now

As for the “only for a couple” comment
As I recall when you submit your Passport Application / Renewal
You must submit 2 prints
One goes in your passport
And the other they keep for their records

There are indeed cheaper options that SDM in NORMAL TIMES
But a lot of these places are CLOSED Now
(Nothing says that SDM Passport Services are open either ... and as a side note, Passport Canada Offices are CLOSED too right now ...only processing URGENT REQUESTS. As their website says ... best to wait to apply until they reopen for full services
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-re ... ports.html )