Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 19, 2005
617 posts
78 upvotes
Midland

sell gold at Oren ?

Any body have experience to sell gold at Oren? I have a thick 14k gold necklace want to get rid of. It is new and modern style with few diamonds on it. Do they offer crappy price for your gold? any tricks to get top dollars?
4 replies
Oct 25, 2006
558 posts
52 upvotes
COCAPOO wrote: Any body have experience to sell gold at Oren? I have a thick 14k gold necklace want to get rid of. It is new and modern style with few diamonds on it. Do they offer crappy price for your gold? any tricks to get top dollars?

most places only offer .10c on the dollar or basically 10% of what they consider retail value, not appraised. better off trying to sell it in an ad
Perfect eBay Feedback
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
going into one of those places you have to expect that they will offer the lowest possible price. they are out to make a profit and in some cases take advantage of you in the worst way.

take what you paid and cut that price in half, then take another 1/4 off and that's roughly in the ball park of what they will start to offer... if their business has not been doing so well then take another 1/4 off and that's what they will offer you. so expect to get anywhere from a quarter to just under half of what of what you paid.

my brother took some of his stuff in to one of these places and i believe oren was one of them and that's how it broke down if you want a guess-timation. as the poster above stated, you are way better to place a private ad and sell it that way.

NEVER leave your jewellery with anyone even for 3 mins, especially if they say "give me a few mins to appraise things, can you come back in 5 mins ?".
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
271 upvotes
its 58 percent gold and and gold is $1400 oz. i would not sell it for less than 80 percent of its gold value.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
2619 posts
271 upvotes
the stig wrote: going into one of those places you have to expect that they will offer the lowest possible price. they are out to make a profit and in some cases take advantage of you in the worst way.

take what you paid and cut that price in half, then take another 1/4 off and that's roughly in the ball park of what they will start to offer... if their business has not been doing so well then take another 1/4 off and that's what they will offer you. so expect to get anywhere from a quarter to just under half of what of what you paid.

my brother took some of his stuff in to one of these places and i believe oren was one of them and that's how it broke down if you want a guess-timation. as the poster above stated, you are way better to place a private ad and sell it that way.

NEVER leave your jewellery with anyone even for 3 mins, especially if they say "give me a few mins to appraise things, can you come back in 5 mins ?".
they are competing with each other so they will offer the highest price they can afford.