• Jul 13th, 2015 9:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes

Seller -TAL- ignoring messages, not shipping

On April 21st I agreed to buy a graphics card from -TAL- members/-tal--34071/ for $120. I paid him promptly through EMT, and since then I haven't heard anything from him. I've sent him 3 messages over the past 2 weeks and an email asking about shipping but he seems to be ignoring them; he has been active on the site but he hasn't replied to anything. I have not received the item I paid for. I know it was stupid to use EMT, here was my stupid reasoning: I first asked for Paypal, but he said he wanted EMT because he had been scammed by a buyer using Paypal, and since I have no feedback, it seemed fair for me to take all the risk. Is this the correct page for contacting mods/admins sendmessage.php or is there a particular mod/admin I could PM? (I doubt they will be able or willing to do much, but it's worth a try...) Also, if anybody has bought from him and has his contact info, could you PM me?

May 11 update:
-TAL- wrote: I have apologized to buyer for the delay in shipping his card. Life happens. I have never scammed anyone nor will I.

All the best
I think we can consider this resolved, I will update the thread again when the item arrives.

May 13 update:
Definitely NOT resolved!

June 2 update:
He has been banned from RFD. If you encounter him, Tyler Lang [email protected], (outside RFD perhaps) do not deal with him!
19 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3203 posts
883 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
This should be posted on scammers section.

You may want to contact JAC for the scammers info.
For wars they come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.- Tupac
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
matt2566 wrote: On April 21st I agreed to buy a graphics card from -TAL- members/-tal--34071/ for $120. I paid him promptly through EMT, and since then I haven't heard anything from him. I've sent him 3 messages over the past 2 weeks and an email asking about shipping but he seems to be ignoring them; he has been active on the site but he hasn't replied to anything. I have not received the item I paid for. I know it was stupid to use EMT, here was my stupid reasoning: I first asked for Paypal, but he said he wanted EMT because he had been scammed by a buyer using Paypal, and since I have no feedback, it seemed fair for me to take all the risk. Is this the correct page for contacting mods/admins sendmessage.php or is there a particular mod/admin I could PM? (I doubt they will be able or willing to do much, but it's worth a try...) Also, if anybody has bought from him and has his contact info, could you PM me?
I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you.

Definitely EMT is a no no. But glad to see you've quickly identified that.

I hope some people can step up and help. 120 is a quite small sum to scam for!

You may want to msg Jac. He's reallllllly good at this sort of thing
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2010
4469 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
That's interesting. He has 100% bst reputation but I guess it means nothing. Sorry op. Hope this gets resolved.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3203 posts
883 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
Bump for the lean scammer
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes
He responded to one text, confirming that the posted number is his, then he proceeded to ignore me. Two calls went to voicemail, I probably should have tried calling first. I found this thread amusing bad-seller-superman-01-brian-386633/
Banned
Nov 20, 2005
196 posts
I have apologized to buyer for the delay in shipping his card. Life happens. I have never scammed anyone nor will I.

All the best
Apr 21, 2015
6 posts
4 upvotes
Quebec
Is there any reason you stopped to answer me ? Sent you 85$ 3 weeks ago for the Asus 7870 Direct CUII top 2gb and you ignored my private messages and texts.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes
He assured me he would ship on the 11th, but I don't know if he did and he has stopped responding again. At least one other buyer is having the same problem so clearly the problem is not resolved, perhaps I was a bit too optimistic. I accepted his explanation and apology but now have reason to question it.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
3203 posts
883 upvotes
Northern Hemisphere
-TAL- wrote: I have apologized to buyer for the delay in shipping his card. Life happens. I have never scammed anyone nor will I.

All the best
Yea and Karmas a b****. Hope you get what's coming to you.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes
Still no word nor package nor money back from him since the "apology."
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
4211 posts
384 upvotes
Canada
twoplustwo wrote: Stopped reading here.
Don't quite agree with this comment. I don't get why there is so much hate for EMT on these forums. Sure it has it's flaws, but so do other payment methods.

Honestly I almost always exclusively use EMT for payment both as a seller and a buyer. I've sold tons of stuff here and never really had an issue.

It mostly comes down to doing your homework, evaluating the other party, etc.

You can never totally eliminate all the risk. You just need to mitigate as well as possible and feel comfortable moving forward.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
24 posts
3 upvotes
Good points. For me, this particular decision to use EMT was a bad one. I wasn't really in a position to take the risk and had I been more patient I probably could have found a legitimate seller.

TAL signed in last week and marked all my PM's as read. Not sure what to make of it.

He has now been banned.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1736 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
Hi All, had a very similar experience. Paid on a tuesday, did NOT hear back from him until the next thursday.

Sent him a few PM's, he was logging in and reading them but NO replies. I did receive the PC part though. I also contacted several buyers he had dealt with and they all got their parts. The part itself was in excellent condition with all boxes and everything packed properly (was a PSU)

This was in April 2015. Something was definitely wrong with this guy... said he was really 'busy' but was still logging in and not replying.

I'm very glad I got my part but it was such a headache and the WORST experience on RFD I've had since 2007.
Nintendo Switch vibes
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2008
1122 posts
112 upvotes
twoplustwo wrote: Stopped reading here.
direct-x wrote: Don't quite agree with this comment. I don't get why there is so much hate for EMT on these forums.
Because it's very well known that scammers request their victim use an EMT, and there is no recourse.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2986 posts
939 upvotes
twoplustwo wrote: Because it's very well known that scammers request their victim use an EMT, and there is no recourse.
But as a seller, you have no recourse when the buyer claims scam using paypal.... I got scammed as a seller on eBay. Said item not as described (total BS - was a brand new in box intel i5 processor). Paypal refunded and I never got the processor back

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)