Automotive

Selling car in USA (Car was imported from USA to Canada)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2015 11:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 2, 2007
209 posts
38 upvotes
Regina

Selling car in USA (Car was imported from USA to Canada)

I imported from the USA that has been plated in Saskatchewan for a couple years, what would be the process to sell the car on the USA market - any restrictions or things I should be aware of? I live near the border and I'd like to take advantage of selling it in USA while there dollar is much stronger than ours plus a USA car may be an easier sell in USA than Canada. Thanks in advance.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1353 posts
15 upvotes
colezy9 wrote: I imported from the USA that has been plated in Saskatchewan for a couple years, what would be the process to sell the car on the USA market - any restrictions or things I should be aware of? I live near the border and I'd like to take advantage of selling it in USA while there dollar is much stronger than ours plus a USA car may be an easier sell in USA than Canada. Thanks in advance.
I have bought 2 Subarus in the US. I contacted the dealer and asked if this was possible and his reply was yes and that they would look after (most) of the paperwork as they had prepared it for export. This was before the new regs of last Oct that applies to exporting vehicles not sure if it also governs imports.

Edit: Please don't cross post. You are now on my ignore list.