Real Estate

Selling a condo in Vancouver - Realtor fee?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2021 1:41 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2006
221 posts
100 upvotes
Vancouver

Selling a condo in Vancouver - Realtor fee?

Hi, all. I'm planning to sell my apartment unit which might be over 600k. I've already talked to couple of realtors and one of them told me that his fee's r 2.5% of selling price. From that, half of the fee goes to an agent for buyers. It's been a decade since I sold a property, I was wondering if that's normal these days. Is it possible to negotiate realtor's fee? Do ppl ever do that?
2 replies
Dec 20, 2017
49 posts
13 upvotes
Fraser Valley
Yes, possible to negotiate. But also find out what they will be providing as a service. Are they just going to list on MLS? Professional photos? Videos? Floorplan? Virtual tour? Will they be hosting open houses?
Feb 27, 2017
94 posts
125 upvotes
styner_ca wrote: Hi, all. I'm planning to sell my apartment unit which might be over 600k. I've already talked to couple of realtors and one of them told me that his fee's r 2.5% of selling price. From that, half of the fee goes to an agent for buyers. It's been a decade since I sold a property, I was wondering if that's normal these days. Is it possible to negotiate realtor's fee? Do ppl ever do that?
everything is negotiable
just 2.5% for Vancouver is pretty unusual, are you sure it's not 7% on first 100k and 2.5% on balance? which is most common
Gradatim Ferociter