Selling a house privately some questions...
1) Is it a good idea to put in the ad, mls or kiji "buy this house without an agent and save 2.5%" I was planning to set the price say for example 200k+2.5% so 205k.
2) Once it is on the mls do you have to put the little combo box with a key inside? Do the agents just show the place when ever they like?
3) I was thinking to let the place stew for some, this market is very slow. So i was thinking to list but not show it for a couple of months to build interest, truth is i might take an extend vacation.
4) If you don't like an agent or buyer, can you just tell them to get lost?
5) If you accept an offer with a home survey and they discover issues are you required to sell it an discount or fix it?
6) If you warrant the house as in good condition and they discover some minor problems down the road will i get sued?
7) Are some pro buyers more of a predator? Should i avoid them and sell to simple janes and joes?
8) I was thinking to hire a local uni student to open the door and show it people if i am not around and tell them to just keep their mouth shut. Good idea? I assume there will a lot of tire kickers.