Students

Selling textbooks which uni no longer uses

[OP]
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
245 upvotes

Selling textbooks which uni no longer uses

I have quite a few books now which are no longer used for any course at my school. I'm wondering what the best way is to sell them...amazon, ebay, or some other more specialized textbook sale site.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1970 posts
85 upvotes
You can try the student union bookstore first. If that fails, you can try selling it to a used bookstore. If you're in Toronto, try BMV books near Ryerson (east of the World's Biggest Bookstore, on Edward Street, north of Dundas).

Otherwise, you can try donating it to book rental sites.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
62 upvotes
Burlington
mr_toast wrote: You can try the student union bookstore first. If that fails, you can try selling it to a used bookstore. If you're in Toronto, try BMV books near Ryerson (east of the World's Biggest Bookstore, on Edward Street, north of Dundas).

Otherwise, you can try donating it to book rental sites.

My experience is that on-campus used textbook stores will not take old editions or textbooks that are not expected to be used for any course within the next year.

Similarly charities and regular used bookstores have little to no use for used textbooks because there is generally no demand or interest from the general public.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2007
4891 posts
1052 upvotes
London
I use Amazon.ca for any older editions or books that are no longer used. I sell them pretty quickly and get a decent return, but I've never really tried anywhere else.