Automotive

Selling used car with 315k km - Need advice

  • Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2019 12:10 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 7, 2019
0 posts

Selling used car with 315k km - Need advice

I'm planning to sell used car 2004 camry v6 with 315k km and a minor accident and dent on side.
The car is running smooth except that the brake pads need to be replaced

Do you think I can sell the car on autotrader? Can u tell me the rough price I should put
or I should sell it for scrap?
23 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2316 posts
1894 upvotes
Markham
Autotrader seems to be selling this from $2,500 to $6,000 so there is some value to your car. However, because of the dent and 315k KM, you’re going to be on the lower end.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
I would try Kijiji or Facebook marketplace. That's where the "cheaper" buyers hang out. I'd say you'd get between 1500-1000 depending on what it needs for safety.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11470 posts
3731 upvotes
Toronto
Autotraders are more for used car dealerships IMO.
Private sell, list them on Kijiji or Facebook marketplace.

There is a buyer for everything. Just price accordingly
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15725 posts
13472 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ramjamazon wrote: I'm planning to sell used car 2004 camry v6 with 315k km and a minor accident and dent on side.
The car is running smooth except that the brake pads need to be replaced

Do you think I can sell the car on autotrader? Can u tell me the rough price I should put
or I should sell it for scrap?
Since it looks like you haven't done any homework. I suggest putting it for sale at $20,000 and advertise it as lady driven, runs like new and even still has that new car smell.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
13680 posts
7832 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote: Since it looks like you haven't done any homework. I suggest putting it for sale at $20,000 and advertise it as lady driven, runs like new and even still has that new car smell.
don't forget "highway miles".
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15725 posts
13472 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Swerny wrote: don't forget "highway miles".
Shoot, how did I forget such an important detail!
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
HDawg wrote: Autotrader seems to be selling this from $2,500 to $6,000 so there is some value to your car. However, because of the dent and 315k KM, you’re going to be on the lower end.
Cmon dude 2-3 grand for this? I picked up an absolute mint 2000 with 150k for 900 bucks. And i sold my 98 with 400k for 500 lol
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2011
1290 posts
980 upvotes
HAMILTON
List it on Kijiji for $1250 and be prepared to sell for $1000 then count yourself lucky .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 7, 2007
4114 posts
1609 upvotes
I used to have a similar car, 2005 Camry V6

That generation of Toyota engines was solid gold (they had two engines, the 3.3 and the 3.0 litre). Gas thirsty, but could go on forever. Good to see your car made it to that mileage.

Toyota introduced the 3.5 L V6 for 2007, it was in some ways worse than the previous 3.0 L
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
13680 posts
7832 upvotes
Toronto
luckystrike1 wrote: List it on Kijiji for $1250 and be prepared to sell for $1000 then count yourself lucky .
this or sell for scrap
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2548 posts
605 upvotes
Ottawa
Swerny wrote: don't forget "highway miles".
...and “original oil”.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2594 posts
1213 upvotes
motomondo wrote: I used to have a similar car, 2005 Camry V6

That generation of Toyota engines was solid gold (they had two engines, the 3.3 and the 3.0 litre). Gas thirsty, but could go on forever. Good to see your car made it to that mileage.

Toyota introduced the 3.5 L V6 for 2007, it was in some ways worse than the previous 3.0 L
What was worse about the 3.5L vs the older 3.0L?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1236 upvotes
Milton, ON
Why bother selling it? If it truly only needs brake pads and runs smoothly, just get them changed and drive it to the ground. It's a Toyota so it'll probably go to 500K km (or more).
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1756 posts
292 upvotes
JoelK22976 wrote: Why bother selling it? If it truly only needs brake pads and runs smoothly, just get them changed and drive it to the ground. It's a Toyota so it'll probably go to 500K km (or more).
All depends upon how he has maintained it. Toyota mean indestructible only if maintained well. May be he is worried about reliability further.
My 7th Gene accord on the other hand is so well maintained that it is going strong at now approx 200k Kms but I know more about which parts are performing how... yet 315k is way more than 200k.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 10, 2011
2050 posts
551 upvotes
Woodbridge
Give it a nice wash inside and outside. Have all service history invoices and UVIP ready.
Car should sell easy for $3-3500.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
1807 posts
1152 upvotes
durrsak wrote: Give it a nice wash inside and outside. Have all service history invoices and UVIP ready.
Car should sell easy for $3-3500.
With 315km? Even pristine shape and certified I think you would be tough to get 3000. But there are suckers out there.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 10, 2011
2050 posts
551 upvotes
Woodbridge
@fusion2k2k : The Camry retains very well it's value. 3 years ago I helped a friend of mine sell one for $6000 with 265,000kms.
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4632 upvotes
Montreal
durrsak wrote: Give it a nice wash inside and outside. Have all service history invoices and UVIP ready.
Car should sell easy for $3-3500.
Time to put down the crackpipe, chief. That isn't going to happen.
Sr. Member
Oct 21, 2006
598 posts
359 upvotes
On that note... We have a 2011 Camry with 405k km including leather seats and alloy wheels, all highway of course. How much do you think I can fetch for that realistically? 4cyl and automatic.

Top