Careers

Seneca Cannabis Regulation and Quality Assurance-CAQC program

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 11:56 am
[OP]
Sep 13, 2019
6 posts

Seneca Cannabis Regulation and Quality Assurance-CAQC program

Does anyone know about the CAQC (Cannabis Regulation and Quality Assurance) program in Seneca? It's a new program that Seneca going to start from January 2020. Program link: https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/f ... /CAQC.html

They have offered me admission to the program but I am really confused about the prospect of the field and overall impression for working in Cannabis industry. Since Cannabis is banned in many countries including US, will it impact my admissibility to these countries when I go for future opportunities (not for cannabis-related work) or affect security clearance from Govt. of Canada?
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
3989 posts
1975 upvotes
nmlhsn wrote: Does anyone know about the CAQC (Cannabis Regulation and Quality Assurance) program in Seneca? It's a new program that Seneca going to start from January 2020. Program link: https://www.senecacollege.ca/programs/f ... /CAQC.html

They have offered me admission to the program but I am really confused about the prospect of the field and overall impression for working in Cannabis industry. Since Cannabis is banned in many countries including US, will it impact my admissibility to these countries when I go for future opportunities (not for cannabis-related work) or affect security clearance from Govt. of Canada?
Former Cannabis industry RFDer here!

Seneca already had a decent QA program for food/pharma techs, so adding Cannabis is just another label. QA is all about process, documentation, audit controls and doesn't matter if it's a muffin, pill or weed.

As for travelling into the states or countries that prohibited it, as long as you're not decked out in Ganjaman420 stickers, tshirts, hats all over....you're good. Thousands of folks in the industry travel worldwide, and the key thing is be smart, don't be stupid.

You don't need to be a cannabis connoisseur or user to work in the industry, doesn't affect your ability to be in QA since QA is all about product safety and tracking.
[OP]
Sep 13, 2019
6 posts
Thanks for your reply and sharing insight about the cannabis industry. Do you think if I get this CAQC certificate from Seneca and later I want to switch to pharma or device QC, they would not rule me out for not having Pharma RAQC certificate?