Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Free
Expiry:
June 30, 2021
Retailer:
Seneca College
Please do NOT register if you do not intend to attend the course, these classes have limited seating and you'll be taking away those who actually want to attend.
Seneca, in collaboration with Microsoft Canada and RBC, is helping students, graduates and professionals enhance their digital expertise by offering free Microsoft Azure Fundamentals workshops that build in-demand skills in cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and productivity tools.

Starting this month, and running until the end of June, 30 two-day, eight-hour short courses will enable participants to learn data analytics, AI and cloud computing certifications-critical skills for the post-pandemic economic recovery.
Full Press Release: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-rele ... orrow.html

Course Registration Link: https://www.senecacollege.ca/ce/technol ... azure.html

Of course, all sessions are virtual right now due to the pandemic. These are all the same course. Just different session numbers (i.e., different times/dates).
Please do NOT register if you do not intend to attend the course, these classes have limited seating and you'll be taking away those who actually want to attend.
  1. 1/6/2021 Update: More seats have opened up!
  2. 1/12/2021 Update: Looks like the AZ-900 exam will be included as part of the course. This saves you $99 USD.
  3. 1/26/2021 Update: If you do not see a session you can join and/or they're all full. Be sure to check back once in a while since they release new sessions periodically.
  4. 6/9/2021 Update: This offer ends June 30, 2021. As of this update, two more sessions left:
    June 15-16
    June 19
    It's unclear whether or not more sessions will be opened from 19th to 30th.
UltimateB wrote: I'm in the course now. About 50+ people in it. Sounds like we'll be getting a promo code for the exam, so this is one hell of a deal. Thanks OP!
oceanus2020 wrote: I just finished the certification exam. Here are the steps

3+ days after your workshop
  1. Email mschallengeexams@senecacollege.ca for a date.
  2. They responded the same day with 3 dates. I email them a date and they confirmed.
  3. Opened a certiport account (instructions in the confirmation email they sent)

Day before the exam
You get an email with a Zoom invite for the exam.

Day of the exam
  1. Log into the Zoom meeting at the time specified (its 30 minutes before the exam start)
  2. The proctor will ask for the 360 view of the room and of the table. (keep it clean without any electronics or paper)
  3. During the exam you have to have your webcam and microphone on.
  4. Log into certiport with the login you created in step 3. (Dont have a long generated password as I did )
  5. You select the exam and the proctor validates it with their credentials.
  6. I had 45 questions to complete in an hour. I was done in 35 minutes.
Last edited by secretalcoholic on Jun 17th, 2021 8:59 am, edited 22 times in total.
Thread Summary
Reviews about this course/exam by RFD users:
By u/leeoku:
Took the course. It's really 8 hours of constant talk. The walk through examples you kinda can't really follow along. Probably time better spent learning through microsoft learn's platform and doing the practice labs. The one benefit is you do get a textbook (sorta not helpful for me if I'm following online tutorial but could be for others) and a voucher through seneca for exam
By u/UltimateB:
Just finished the first day's course. It moves fast and there is really no time to do the labs at the same time as the presentation. I'd recommending just following and then doing the labs after on your own time.

I learn better by doing, so if they did a module, then gave us time to do the labs that would have been preferred. I have taken Azure fundamentals before, a long time ago and that’s how it was. But I understand that they can only do so much because they are trying to cram all the content into 8 hours.
By u/actng:
depends on the instructor.
i really didn't like mine. he's not the worst out there but just a tad better than describing the slides. that and from some of the labs i wonder if he'd even taken the exam yet. some people are knowledgeable but bad at presenting, i think he was mediocre at best at both. i honestly felt i could have presented the course better myself.

in terms of content, if you were hoping this would springboard you to take the exam shortly after taking the course, you're mistaken. it's more like a kick in the ass to help you get started, but there's still a lot of hours you're gonna have to put in to take the test. assuming you don't already have a competitive test under your belt.

this is the second such "official" course i've taken and both times was a similar experience in terms of not even cutting the surface. i've also taken the self pace course on microsoft's site. so technically this is my third go at it.

but by all means do take it if you want to get started.
By u/ExDss:
I ended up signing on for the fundamentals course, took it Jan 12/13, and they booked the exams for this week (I just wrote and passed today). An email came into my Seneca address from the proctor (mschallengeexams) with info on how to register with Certiport, and exam day "how-to" pdf/video. Exam experience was painless, with the exception of the proctor process - they use Zoom, and all candidates connect, you see one another. During the exam, if you have anyone making a lot of background noise intentionally or not (i.e. squeaky chair, coughing, dog barking, etc.), you'll likely hear it, as you have to keep your mic open at all times - so it can be a bit distracting.

The exam itself was fairly straight forward, I honestly only studied for a few days (~10 hours total). Lots of drag/drop, yes/no, resource group functionality, azure tool sets, etc. types of questions. Had a total of 31 questions and 1 hour to complete. Finished with about 26 mins to spare after review of 7 questions.
By u/ripjohnnyc:
[The test] It’s proctored, poorly done. You are doing it with other people and you all have to keep your mic on. You hear the sounds of typing and mouth beating of the other test takers. I took the course and that’s it and failed. After taking the course I wasn’t interested in the certificate so I didn’t study or seek out other sources to study. I don’t think you can depend on the course, our instructor was a non native English speaker reading slides monotone.
By u/RunnerForDeals:
I attended. I am now certified and have the badge the prove it!

I think it was quite useful. You should probably do some practice test first to understand where your knowledge gaps are and the focus on those during the lectures.

I liked how the people running it opened the floor for lots of questions.
By u/actng:
just passed the exam - i've said it before and i'll say it again, the lecture itself did not help at all.

the pre-test process took longer than the actual test. spent about 30 minutes in pretest. actual test was 36 questions in 60 minutes, i was done in about 15 minutes. you only need 700 to pass.

for prep, i read the skill pipe documentation once over 2-3 days. you need to learn the microsoft names/terminology/thought process. like what product/service does what.
then i took some random practice tests found online

don't spend too much time worrying about this one. just put in whatever time it takes you to get through the material, take the test and get it over with so you can get on with the next one.

should've taken this way sooner.
More info about the exam (courtesy of u/MrBear2019):
- No voucher, you ask them to setup the date/time. Exam happens through Certiport.
- They're only letting you pick a date within the week you mailed them (so if you mail them today, the last date you can pick is in Early Feb). This annoying, but I'm guessing you can ask for a later date closer to the exam date you want. They don't explicitly mention this, so I'm guessing they're pushing for people to take the exam ASAP.
- The times they were providing were plentiful, around 3/4 slots everyday starting at 11AM to 2PM
- Exam is online, requires webcam and mic, proctored through Zoom (?).
- You will require some kind of Government Identification
665 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4543 posts
2033 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16399 posts
2791 upvotes
GTA
wow nice post man
Sep 14, 2012
336 posts
106 upvotes
Do you get a certificate or diploma for attending this course?
$35 9GB Fido plan + $0 4GB tablet data add-on
Nov 23, 2018
467 posts
597 upvotes
Underground Bunker
Amazing, so 4 hours per day for 2 days ? Are all the sections the same ?
Jan 24, 2011
961 posts
286 upvotes
only one Saturday schedule available and booked .... Thanks OP
Last edited by cag_73 on Jan 5th, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 16, 2011
977 posts
969 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Sneakymist wrote: Do you get a certificate or diploma for attending this course?
Yes sir. By attending this free two day course you get a certificate, diploma and a free car!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1554 posts
2490 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Sneakymist wrote: Do you get a certificate or diploma for attending this course?
Definitely not a diploma. Certificate wise maybe a certificate of completion but hard to say since there's no details. Maybe RFD-ers who complete it this month can let us know.

If you need proof for attendance I'm sure a registration summary/confirmation would suffice.
Jul 17, 2013
25 posts
10 upvotes
Milton
Thanks OP, are this all same registering for one course is enough or all are different level courses?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1554 posts
2490 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Ghost505 wrote: Amazing, so 4 hours per day for 2 days ? Are all the sections the same ?
nidisa wrote: Thanks OP, are this all same registering for one course is enough or all are different level courses?
All the same course, course number is the same. Just different sections (i.e., different dates/times).
May 13, 2015
227 posts
663 upvotes
Ontario
A university degree Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy. JK.
Life isn’t fair but Thank God - there is RFD.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3645 posts
849 upvotes
Thanks op+200
I am now a student again!
Last edited by EEE2 on Jan 5th, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2015
227 posts
663 upvotes
Ontario
SatoHitomi wrote: can i become a docter after completing this course?
You can - if you take the course twice.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2016
1093 posts
607 upvotes
GTA
pmehley wrote: You can - if you take the course twice.
Thrice and its masters docterate
______________________________________________________________________________________________

cheap phone bill = Public Mobile 13$ + 3GB data only eSIM plan 0$ + Google Pixel 3a XL
May 13, 2015
227 posts
663 upvotes
Ontario
EEE2 wrote: What's azure? They send you as?
It’s a cloud service from Microsoft - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-ca/

If above link is too much for you, and you feel tired after reading info in the above link, you can take it easy and visit this link instead - https://azores.com/azores/islands
May 13, 2015
227 posts
663 upvotes
Ontario
Saturday is already taken ...lt would have been better.. oh well!!
May 13, 2015
227 posts
663 upvotes
Ontario
ryanrudolf wrote: Thrice and its masters docterate
Attend all sessions offered and Bill Gates will personally come to meet you.

Apart from jokes, good find OP. A lot of people can benefit from this. Upvoted!!