Seneca College

Free Two Day Azure Fundamentals Workshop

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2021 12:22 pm
Jul 14, 2019
580 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
I registered for Jun 19 class but I haven't got any class joining instruction email. Which email do they send it to? (Senica email or backup email)

Will be still eligible for the exam and the Azure ac?
Nov 8, 2017
79 posts
49 upvotes
Took the 'workshop' in late April, just wrote the exam today. Finished in 15 mins with 800~. Total breeze. I watched the two workshop videos (not helpful), read the book once (mildly helpful), and watched the John Savill videos (decently helpful and inspiring, but far from comprehensive), and then watched one 2 hour video on youtube that was extremely helpful, and then just went through the entire Examtopics questions once. That's all. I was expecting to fail this exam hard, because I only studied for like 2-3 days this week, slept for a total of 2 hours yesterday, had full-time classes on Friday morning-afternoon, followed by an 8 hour night shift at work which ended just 2 hours before the exam started. I got home from work with some 60 examtopics questions still unfinished, and quickly worked on those. Finished them just 30 minutes before exam start time, and was like 'well, whatever happens, happens.'

Hardly a great score, but glad I did it and got through it under the circumstances.

This is the video I used and found most helpful, though I didn't have time to do his 120 question practice test because I was running out of time and decided to prioritize examtopics practice test first. The questions on the exam were basically similar to the examtopics ones, very similar format, but many I did not see in the examtopics despite going through it all.

Nov 11, 2017
28 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks to the OP. I took the course on June 2-3 and passed the exam on June 17 with 900. I would say the course was somewhat helpful but the other practice tests mentioned by previous posters really helped in passing the exam.
Nov 1, 2018
221 posts
415 upvotes
Burnaby
Darshan7 wrote: I registered for Jun 19 class but I haven't got any class joining instruction email. Which email do they send it to? (Senica email or backup email)

Will be still eligible for the exam and the Azure ac?
Same here, did anything get updated for you?
Jul 14, 2019
580 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
What do you mean by updated?

I haven't received anything yet...
Jun 8, 2015
2 posts
North York, ON
I also just passed the exam and watched this video right before it; it was very helpful! I also watched another series of videos which was much more helpful than the class.
Sep 14, 2015
251 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I read in an email that we have one week to complete the exam? is this correct?

Exam
To be eligible to write your Microsoft Azure AZ-900 certification exam, please reach out to the Test Centre within one week of completing your workshop at mschallengeexams@senecacollege.ca to schedule.

Exams are scheduled Tuesday to Friday at 3:45 p.m. EST with limited Saturday and Sunday times available.
original account: pureenergon

😕
Nov 8, 2017
79 posts
49 upvotes
pureenergon2 wrote: I read in an email that we have one week to complete the exam? is this correct?

Exam
To be eligible to write your Microsoft Azure AZ-900 certification exam, please reach out to the Test Centre within one week of completing your workshop at mschallengeexams@senecacollege.ca to schedule.

Exams are scheduled Tuesday to Friday at 3:45 p.m. EST with limited Saturday and Sunday times available.
I don't think they're scheduling exams after June, but not totally sure about this.
Jul 29, 2013
91 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
passed mine today, I have to admit the skillpilot book is far from being comprehensive. Anyway, if I target myself as an administrator, is AZ104 the next course to take?
Any advice is appreciated!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
15449 posts
3867 upvotes
took the course in Feb...can i still schedule exam for next week?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16482 posts
2888 upvotes
GTA
seems like this thing is dead. which is disappointing after just one entry level course. they made it sound like it was a program they were investing in folks. but quite honestly there was no need to launch an entire program with fanfare around one course.

was really hoping they would expand this to the other MS certs as well.
Nov 8, 2017
79 posts
49 upvotes
actng wrote: seems like this thing is dead. which is disappointing after just one entry level course. they made it sound like it was a program they were investing in folks. but quite honestly there was no need to launch an entire program with fanfare around one course.

was really hoping they would expand this to the other MS certs as well.
It's not over. Microsoft paired up with a bunch of institutions to offer all 3 Azure certificates: AI, DP, and AZ. Seneca offered AZ, UofC is giving AI, and Microsoft Training days is offering all 3. They're free certs and decent, but neither of them will land you a job, by themselves.
Apr 5, 2018
314 posts
296 upvotes
Passed my exam yesterday - thanks OP.

Used Skillpilot to study after the exam and used Whizlabs AZ900 for prep. I'd say the exam had its tricky parts, but given the compressed schedule - it was achievable.
Jul 29, 2013
91 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
my workplace has free sign up with Linkedin study so I am on az104 course now, wish I can find exam voucher for it.
Last edited by cs993232 on Jul 11th, 2021 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16482 posts
2888 upvotes
GTA
AkiraK wrote: It's not over. Microsoft paired up with a bunch of institutions to offer all 3 Azure certificates: AI, DP, and AZ. Seneca offered AZ, UofC is giving AI, and Microsoft Training days is offering all 3. They're free certs and decent, but neither of them will land you a job, by themselves.
source?

or did you gather all that by randomly finding the institutions that offered the courses? cuz I looked at other institutions listed in the original press release and none of the ones in ontario had anything aside from Seneca.
May 7, 2018
167 posts
341 upvotes
Lower Mainland
actng wrote: source?

or did you gather all that by randomly finding the institutions that offered the courses? cuz I looked at other institutions listed in the original press release and none of the ones in ontario had anything aside from Seneca.
Easy Google search.

university-calgary-free-microsoft-azure ... 0-2473046/

https://news.microsoft.com/en-ca/2021/0 ... ion-exams/
May 7, 2018
167 posts
341 upvotes
Lower Mainland
Comatse wrote: Do you happen to know if you register for a training day, does it come with a recording at the end? And do they email you some code for the exam or something?
I don't know. I've never taken a Microsoft Training Days course before.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16482 posts
2888 upvotes
GTA
virtual training days don't give you a free exam voucher like seneca did. and never mind the recorded replay feel.
i'm assume U of C offers exam vouchers, else i'm not interested either.
and your suggestion of google search doesn't actually answer my question.
Nov 8, 2017
79 posts
49 upvotes
actng wrote: virtual training days don't give you a free exam voucher like seneca did. and never mind the recorded replay feel.
i'm assume U of C offers exam vouchers, else i'm not interested either.
and your suggestion of google search doesn't actually answer my question.
Virtual Days doesn't offer you an exam voucher?

Are you sure about this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/training-days#azure

This says.

"Discover the solutions it’s possible to create with AI—and the Azure services that can help you build those solutions. Join the free Microsoft Azure Virtual Training Day: AI Fundamentals to explore fundamental AI concepts and learn how to get started with AI on Azure. Ready to become certified? After completing this training, you’ll be eligible to take the Microsoft AI Fundamentals certification exam at no cost. "