PC & Video Games

Senior VP at Sony Interactive Entertainment PSN Division fired after appearing in pedophile sting video

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2021 7:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3784 posts
5889 upvotes

Senior VP at Sony Interactive Entertainment PSN Division fired after appearing in pedophile sting video

(Video of sting at the cnet link. Don't want to direct link it here. Text messages between him and fake 15 year old at twitter post.)

https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/sony-vp-fired-after-appearing-in-pedophile-sting-video/
A senior Sony vice president has been terminated from the electronics and entertainment giant after being caught up in an amateur pedophilia sting video.

George Cacioppo was allegedly trying to arrange a meeting with a 15-year-old boy, according to a video posted by the YouTube channel People v. Preds. Cacioppo had been a senior vice president of engineering for Sony for the past eight years and worked on the PlayStation Store, according to his LinkedIn profile. He has since been fired after appearing in the video.

There's already enough terrible people in the industry at places like Activision Blizzard, now they catch a pedophile at Sony too. The guy has been with SIE for almost a decade and was even wearing a damn PS5 shirt at the time.

I don't condone vigilante stuff like this, but people who take advantage of children are the worst.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10244 posts
3749 upvotes
I was reading this earlier and it's very messed up. This is a sick individual and I'm sure Sony couldn't distance themselves from him fast enough. But that t-shirt, damn.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6274 posts
6568 upvotes
GTA
Ugh so gross in any industry/profession. Piece of crap, and he's touching Sackboy Loudly Crying Face
c'mon get happy!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3784 posts
5889 upvotes
Sony axing him as fast as possible I figure took some of the focus off the company too. Although they should do more internal investigations. They made statements about the people at AB, they should do the same about their own Senior VP. Other than just saying he was let go.

The guy is sick, and the PS5 shirt, come on.

These pedo catchers always go about it in the scumbaggiest way possible though. Like the guy who caught him seems horrible himself too. You're also screwing with a real crime being committed, by doing this in a stupid clout chasing, expose them on youtube for clicks approach. They care more about the recognition. Going about it this way generally results in these pedophiles not being charged.