[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1651 posts
209 upvotes
C-53

Seoul, SK - neat device

RFD,

I recently had the opportunity to visit Seoul, SK as part of a work assignment for a month.

It was a very tough assignment coming from North America to adapt to Asian cultures and routines but the group I was with had tremendous fun and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip even though we were putting in nearly 14+ hrs a day in the lab. We stayed at the Novotel hotel in Doksan.. not far from Psy's place I understand lol haha!

Anyway I noticed most motorists in Seoul had this device in their vehicles that was a GPS & TV combo unit. It would display navigation info while the vehicle was in motion but once stopped (at a red light or something) the unit would automatically switch to some TV show. I thought it was the neatest thing but I know our rules dont permit watching TV while in car.

Are those available here :D .. anyone know what I'm talking about?
Please thank me if you find this helpful
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7436 posts
2388 upvotes
Richmond Hill
doomhammer wrote: RFD,

I recently had the opportunity to visit Seoul, SK as part of a work assignment for a month.

It was a very tough assignment coming from North America to adapt to Asian cultures and routines but the group I was with had tremendous fun and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip even though we were putting in nearly 14+ hrs a day in the lab. We stayed at the Novotel hotel in Doksan.. not far from Psy's place I understand lol haha!

Anyway I noticed most motorists in Seoul had this device in their vehicles that was a GPS & TV combo unit. It would display navigation info while the vehicle was in motion but once stopped (at a red light or something) the unit would automatically switch to some TV show. I thought it was the neatest thing but I know our rules dont permit watching TV while in car.

Are those available here :D .. anyone know what I'm talking about?
i've seen those TV run while the car was in motion too...was scared for my life the whole trip

i highly highly doubt anything like this would be approved here.