Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
SEPAQ

SEPAQ Annual Québec National Parks Card - 50% off - starts June 1st (QC only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2021 9:03 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
I won't be doing day visits but I will do 2-3 weekends of camping at a Sepaq this summer. Is there any point in getting the card?
Feb 20, 2019
188 posts
735 upvotes
Montreal
From their site...

​The sale of the Annual Québec National Parks Card - Bonjour Québec 2021 Edition is temporarily put on hold. Please note, however, that you will not lose your place in line. Thank you for your understanding.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
SammyC wrote: From their site...

​The sale of the Annual Québec National Parks Card - Bonjour Québec 2021 Edition is temporarily put on hold. Please note, however, that you will not lose your place in line. Thank you for your understanding.
How many hours are we going to wait until it shows sold out lol
Sep 2, 2017
43 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa Ontario
Hello,

Is the cost per person?

I see some parks have additional parking fees, or is that all of them?
Genuinely,

Mr. Hungry Services
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
over 100 000 people in the queue... There's something wrong here.
Mar 2, 2015
563 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You can buy a set for next year starting in May 2022. You lose out on two months (May 1 2022-June 30 2022) where you’ll have overlap, but it’s worth it as we don’t know if there will be passes next year at 50% off.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
7135 posts
3739 upvotes
Montreal
Totalmayhem wrote: Why put in limits though? Just have the pass half price for everyone on June 1st. Then, there's no stupid line either. I don't think there's a "limit" at regular price is there?
Like @kevint27 said, Tourisme de Québec invested $5M to offer discounted passes. That works out to 140K discounted passes. That's why there's a limit.
Dec 10, 2012
155 posts
285 upvotes
TERREBONNE
jfmartel wrote: over 100 000 people in the queue... There's something wrong here.
No nothing wrong! it was the same thing last year! Just pick up two (O:
Apr 8, 2021
822 posts
1075 upvotes
Poutine
psyko514 wrote: Like @kevint27 said, Tourisme de Québec invested $5M to offer discounted passes. That works out to 140K discounted passes. That's why there's a limit.
"invested" Smiling Face With Open Mouth

basically took our tax money and reassigned it :)
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎
‏‏‎ ‎

Happy RFD member since 2001.
Happy Public Mobile Customer since 2017
Happy VoIP.ms Customer since 2011

+14
Jan 12, 2011
199 posts
241 upvotes
Montreal
psyko514 wrote: Like @kevint27 said, Tourisme de Québec invested $5M to offer discounted passes. That works out to 140K discounted passes. That's why there's a limit.
Upvoting just for your profile pic :D
Jun 1, 2007
102 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
I get it... it's the bureaucrats' way of not understanding economics...

The sales proceeds go to the government so it doesn't necessarily cost them anything. If you make no "sale" and sell 50k passes at regular price for the summer, your revenues will be $4M. If you make a 50% sale and sell 140k passes, then your revenues are $5.6M. Since the marginal cost of operation related to the number of visitors is very thin (and that visitors can spend extra money as well on their visits), then you end up with more $$$ even though you threw in a discount. If they could sell 200k passes at 50%, then they would earn $8M. Last year it doubled visits in the parks so the math would seem to work out.

If I can't get one at 50%, then I simply won't buy one (or go to Sepaq parks), so it'll be a net loss of revenue for the parks. Same for the rest of my family (so in the end they'll lose more revenue).
Jun 1, 2007
102 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
BeefOreo wrote: "invested" Smiling Face With Open Mouth

basically took our tax money and reassigned it :)
It doesn't even cost them anything since they generate revenues from the "promo".
Dec 23, 2006
127 posts
115 upvotes
Kanata
Please note that at the moment, 37 500 Annual Québec National Parks Card - Bonjour Québec 2021 Edition are still available. Number of users ahead of me: 53 935

Haha, oh well.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
Totalmayhem wrote: I get it... it's the bureaucrats' way of not understanding economics...

The sales proceeds go to the government so it doesn't necessarily cost them anything. If you make no "sale" and sell 50k passes at regular price for the summer, your revenues will be $4M. If you make a 50% sale and sell 140k passes, then your revenues are $5.6M. Since the marginal cost of operation related to the number of visitors is very thin (and that visitors can spend extra money as well on their visits), then you end up with more $$$ even though you threw in a discount. If they could sell 200k passes at 50%, then they would earn $8M. Last year it doubled visits in the parks so the math would seem to work out.

If I can't get one at 50%, then I simply won't buy one (or go to Sepaq parks), so it'll be a net loss of revenue for the parks. Same for the rest of my family (so in the end they'll lose more revenue).
I guess they don't want everyone to visit their national parks Face With Tears Of Joy If you want to enjoy the nature, you pay extra to protect it
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1681 posts
1737 upvotes
Montreal
dontpanic wrote: Please note that at the moment, 37 500 Annual Québec National Parks Card - Bonjour Québec 2021 Edition are still available. Number of users ahead of me: 53 935

Haha, oh well.
I know... If it is sold out, just tell me and I will move on haha
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1689 posts
1543 upvotes
already got my card emailed to me and ready to print, that was fast lol
Jun 1, 2007
102 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
sneakerfan wrote: I guess they don't want everyone to visit their national parks Face With Tears Of Joy If you want to enjoy the nature, you pay extra to protect it
I'm a RFD'er, so I tend to go to the free places. Mostly do hiking and biking (no camping), so there are many options. In a normal year, I probably wouldn't even consider buying the pass at 50% off, since it only covers the province of Quebec.

I wish there was an equivalent in Canada to the US Park Pass (America the Beautiful) which is $80 per year and covers the pass owner plus at least one (and children) which covers entry to 2 000 recreation sites. I'd buy that every year... but we're stuck with local passes that costs more here.
Oct 31, 2011
101 posts
103 upvotes
MONTREAL
fjanicki wrote: Under elements I only get the HTML part, how do you see all the JS inclusions?
hmm, what happens when you open console and search for "billetteriealacarte"? it's a subelement that I simply found via keyword